Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Jun 2003, 09:17 (Ref:623681)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Indianapolis curve closed to the public from friday afternoon

Due to police control enforcements, and in the goal to avoid savage runs and car races, the Indianapolis curve will be closed to the public from friday 14h00 (2pm), from Mulsanne to Arnage :
http://www.lemans.maville.com/actu/D...76027&idCLA=24
Old 7 Jun 2003, 09:36 (Ref:623693)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What next, no access to the portaloos?
Old 7 Jun 2003, 09:57 (Ref:623703)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
What next, no access to the portaloos?
This is the new game : stop oneself the whole week-end --> the new way to stay sober !

I forgot to says that only the road was closed, not the public area, of course...

Last edited by Fab; 7 Jun 2003 at 09:58.
Old 7 Jun 2003, 10:52 (Ref:623755)   #4
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tu m'as vraiment fait peur / You really scared me.

ouf
Old 7 Jun 2003, 11:24 (Ref:623773)   #5
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must say I'm not surprised. It's been on the cards for a few years now. Pity as it was fun to drive around the circuit.

Simon
Old 7 Jun 2003, 12:07 (Ref:623800)   #6
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
understandable, especially with today's "fast and the furious" crowd. No need for young folks wrecking cars by throwing themselves into that turn at an unmanagable speed.
Old 7 Jun 2003, 13:56 (Ref:623861)   #7
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by veeten
understandable, especially with today's "fast and the furious" crowd. No need for young folks wrecking cars by throwing themselves into that turn at an unmanagable speed.
Not that they would be missed. But their demise might get in the way of the real race.
Old 7 Jun 2003, 14:29 (Ref:623886)   #8
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yipe! How to give a man heart failure, Fab! Glad it is only the road traffic that is affected. It'll complicate getting to les Hunaudieres for dinner on Friday night, but I think we can cope.

In all seriousness, I'm not surprised this has happened, after the infamous Ferrari crash of 2001, and the local lorry which turned over last year. If it discourages some of the real hooligan element, I shan't complain. Hope it doesn't discourage some of the wonderful classic cars from driving what they can of the circuit on Friday.
Old 7 Jun 2003, 20:07 (Ref:624047)   #9
Nick M
Rookie

Nick M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Realistically all it's going to do is to move the cars somewhere else, maybe even no further than the road down to the Porsche curves. Shame it was a few muppets who spoiled it for the rest though because it was great fun looking at all the cars down there.

Someone mentioned a car show at a village just to the north of Le Mans - I'm sure they might be getting a bit more "business" from all the classics.

Plus I'd expect Arnage and maybe Mulsanne villages to be even busier than usual.
Old 7 Jun 2003, 22:49 (Ref:624126)   #10
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
It'll complicate getting to les Hunaudieres for dinner on Friday night, but I think we can cope.
No problem, I like a nice walk!
Old 7 Jun 2003, 23:55 (Ref:624166)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick M

Plus I'd expect Arnage and maybe Mulsanne villages to be even busier than usual.

Marvellous. And I'm hoping to be having a nice quiet relaxed meal near Arnage on Friday night. (And "entertaining" a member of Radio Le Mans, no less..... ).
Old 8 Jun 2003, 07:50 (Ref:624277)   #12
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ayse arnage is usually quite busy friday afternoon...although its heavily policed. evening it usually seems a lot quieter. we might bump into one another...i usually end up dining with a lot of people from a uk based publishing company/magazine, and normally some people from rlm are part of the evening...

Last edited by kdr; 8 Jun 2003 at 07:51.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 08:16 (Ref:624290)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where we go, krd, its normally very quiet indeed. Just that wonderful sound of quiet conversation, turning to uproarous laughter as the red begins to take hold......
Old 8 Jun 2003, 08:43 (Ref:624307)   #14
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
last two years we've ended up at a restaurant on the way south(i presume)out off arnage. small family run thing with tented area they put up for the rush. this year i might skip it as i'd like to go into town for the drivers parade and then see what happens...
Old 8 Jun 2003, 08:55 (Ref:624314)   #15
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Marvellous. And I'm hoping to be having a nice quiet relaxed meal near Arnage on Friday night. (And "entertaining" a member of Radio Le Mans, no less..... ).
Matfeux ??
Old 8 Jun 2003, 16:19 (Ref:624699)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
this year i might skip it as i'd like to go into town for the drivers parade and then see what happens...
Enjoy ! It's worth it once in a LM fan life !