Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 Mar 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1543058)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nurburgring 24 Hour Race

Letter from the Fatherland came this morning, complete with a form to fill in, only problem is, it's written in German. Haven't got a bloomin clue what info they're after, but I'm sure my Grandad once told me to only give my name, rank & number!

HELP.................................................................................
Old 10 Mar 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1543078)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you're coming to Mallory on Sunday, bring me a photocopy (or e-mail me a scan) and I'll see if my sister can have a look at it for you,
Old 10 Mar 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1543082)   #3
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could try a spot of deciphering http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Best of luck Dave
Old 10 Mar 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1543144)   #4
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dave, I'll bring along my german/english dictionary - but only if I can work on it inside WARM race control rather than on the bank in the SNOW!!!!!!!

Will this replace the need for a hug??

PS: I did work in Germany for a year or so back in the early 80's but that was a long time ago - hence the need for the dictionary!
Old 10 Mar 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1543216)   #5
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simple, email me a copy. As I work in Germany it is dead easy for me to translate.

I hope.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1543236)   #6
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, another ten-tenther going to the Nurburgring. Any idea of your post? I'll be at the Karousel again. Did it last year and it chucked it down for most of the four days. Hopefully it will be a bit better this year being a few weeks later in the year than last year.

But then again, its just great to drink draught German beer again

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 11 Mar 2006, 14:30 (Ref:1543715)   #7
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not going this year. Too bloomin cold last year! See you back there in '07 perhaps...! If only to join Mike for some more beer.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 17:08 (Ref:1543796)   #8
Paul Millard
Rookie

Paul Millard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking forward to it allready and will be joined by Rich and Ash (Ring Virgin) this year.
Paul
Old 11 Mar 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1543855)   #9
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'e about 5 posts before the Karosel, which means the fans are about 100 feet higher than us (so quiet)
Old 11 Mar 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1543870)   #10
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
We'e about 5 posts before the Karosel, which means the fans are about 100 feet higher than us (so quiet)
I think you may be on the post that Ian Briggs ran last year. If so, not much space for camping or car parking, but the cars will be doing a good rate of knots past you.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 11 Mar 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1543907)   #11
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Yeh that sounds about right, every time I was on duty, I landed up with having to deal with something, from a 911 running out of petrol, to a Beemer driver throwing up in his full face helmet, to a multiple crash @ 3 in the morning, which lead to 1 car going down the track the wrong way past 4 posts!)