Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2006, 18:05 (Ref:1618099)   #51
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Accreditation confirmed so I'll see you all on the Saturday.

Fab - I'll need to make up for having gulped down that lovely rosé you had last year. I could bring a nice whisky, but maybe 1pm is too early for that!
Old 24 May 2006, 18:25 (Ref:1618120)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gi_gav
Accreditation confirmed so I'll see you all on the Saturday.

Fab - I'll need to make up for having gulped down that lovely rosé you had last year. I could bring a nice whisky, but maybe 1pm is too early for that!

Sadly our good friend Fab will not be with us this year.
Old 24 May 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1618154)   #53
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Most of you lot know who I am, so there is no need for me to post a photo !!!
Old 24 May 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1618175)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, we all know you, Jim......!
Old 24 May 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1618207)   #55
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
That's a shame - I've been rather out of touch, so I'd missed that fact.
Old 25 May 2006, 08:32 (Ref:1618452)   #56
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I've never met Fab, but I have to say that I'm also very sad he won't be there this year. Despite his absence from the forum I'd hoped he would make an appearance at Le Mans, it would have been nice to say hello. It was his infectious enthusiasm for the race which really got me hooked on Ten Tenths.......
Old 25 May 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1618495)   #57
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gav, will you tell me where the wine tasting is...? I don't trsust Sam to remember / do it! He'll want the beer....

Will be good fun, shame Fab isn't there as it would've been good to meet him too.

Ayse - I'll figure it out, will be there on the Sat anyway...
Old 25 May 2006, 17:53 (Ref:1618823)   #58
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think that Fab will come back with us for 2007.
Old 25 May 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1618907)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I've every reason to suppose that Fab will be unable to resist Le Mans for very long.......
Old 26 May 2006, 07:26 (Ref:1619239)   #60
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
It's a real pity that Fab won't be there this year. We'll raise a glass to him and look forward to his return in 2007. (If Henri wins, Fab will never forgive himself!)
Old 29 May 2006, 13:10 (Ref:1621974)   #61
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would be nice to meet all you folks and find out I'm not the only ugly mug attending hehe... As a first-timer at LM this year I might find it difficult to navigate but I'll be on site from Wednesday onwards so will have to have a good look around and get my bearings whilst the track is quiet...
Old 30 May 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1622914)   #62
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
NEWBOB
You will have a big surprise, even on Wednesday evening the amount of people at the track will be considerable, if you arrive early on Wednesday afternoon you will be able to walk around but the crowds soon build up,but it will get worse on Thursday. There are always changes around the back of the pit lane (the village) each year but this year I think even us old hands will need a little time to figure out where every thing is.
Talk to people at your campsite when you arrive, they will probably have already been around the track.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 15:31 (Ref:1624676)   #63
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
for this test week end : we used to have a small meeting on sunday morning for a coffee at the paddock bar. I'll be there from 8am to 8.30, so if anyone wants to join, everybody's welcome (hopefully the bar is open, otherwise coffee is at La Vendée)
Old 1 Jun 2006, 15:43 (Ref:1624688)   #64
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some of us will still be in England
Old 2 Jun 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1625587)   #65
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will try to arrive at the Paddock bar at 08h15.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1625696)   #66
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
it won't be easy to set a meeting point in the village

have a look how it is today :

http://www.zoom-24.com/village1.jpg

almost all the shade is gone
Old 2 Jun 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1625706)   #67
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
the main square : only one big tree

http://www.zoom-24.com/village2.jpg
Old 2 Jun 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1625752)   #68
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, what a mess........
Old 3 Jun 2006, 07:56 (Ref:1625976)   #69
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
This place near the only old tree will be too much busy. We shall go on reconnaissance on sunday to find the right place for the meeting.
Old 3 Jun 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1626016)   #70
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm off to the world cup for five weeks tomorrow, so will miss the whole show..10/10ths meeting et al. for those of you i've met before, have a great time and i hope to see you in 2007(fab included), for those of you who haven't been before...well some of you know what i do to put food on the plate and pay the bills, and last weekend was my first ever F1 GP, at Monaco of all places...and sure its pretty good...but can i assure you newbies that Le Mans knocks it and any other race into the middle of next week, there simply is NO comparison. Enjoy!
Old 4 Jun 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1626870)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
i'm off to the world cup for five weeks tomorrow, so will miss the whole show..10/10ths meeting et al. for those of you i've met before, have a great time and i hope to see you in 2007(fab included), for those of you who haven't been before...well some of you know what i do to put food on the plate and pay the bills, and last weekend was my first ever F1 GP, at Monaco of all places...and sure its pretty good...but can i assure you newbies that Le Mans knocks it and any other race into the middle of next week, there simply is NO comparison. Enjoy!

Safe journey and try and enjoy it.......
Old 4 Jun 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1627106)   #72
Suze
Veteran

England
I vote for the meeting place being near either a) a champagne stall or b) the grand marnier crepe stall
Old 5 Jun 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1627474)   #73
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
I'm afraid that the Champagne or the Grand Marnier stands have disappeared. I think that they will be moved.
For the meeting, don't worry, there will be enough to drink (I will bring Gewurtztraminer).
Bernard and I found a place near a big tree, at the entrance of the new village. Bernard is going to publish photos in order to direct us.

Now, which schedule do we choose : 12h00 or 13h00 ?
Old 5 Jun 2006, 11:19 (Ref:1627494)   #74
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
Could I suggest a compromise of 12:30, after the second historic race and before the pitlane formalities get into full swing............?

Last edited by Bentley03; 5 Jun 2006 at 11:28.
Old 5 Jun 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1627545)   #75
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
I'm afraid that the Champagne or the Grand Marnier stands have disappeared. I think that they will be moved.
For the meeting, don't worry, there will be enough to drink (I will bring Gewurtztraminer).
Bernard and I found a place near a big tree, at the entrance of the new village. Bernard is going to publish photos in order to direct us.

here is the gallery where you'll find pictures of the village and the track with it's modifications
as we don't know where the stalls will be , Pascal and I found place easy to find, on the shade of the biggest tree here (I'll set up a map later)
seeing the pictures, maybe some of you could have better ideas