Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 May 2006, 07:49 (Ref:1619257)   #51
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Got to be a mixture for me, although the mustard is usually mild so plenty of it.
Old 26 May 2006, 08:39 (Ref:1619291)   #52
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I'm with Allon for mayonnaise, but ketchup can make it too
Old 26 May 2006, 09:05 (Ref:1619310)   #53
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ketchup, and touch of mustard...
Old 27 May 2006, 12:12 (Ref:1620138)   #54
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
spectre200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mustard, and plenty of it!
Old 28 May 2006, 21:14 (Ref:1621469)   #55
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Neither mustard nor ketchup, only harissa ! (make sure to have a cold beer and chips in this case...)
Old 29 May 2006, 01:50 (Ref:1621596)   #56
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
Neither mustard nor ketchup, only harissa ! (make sure to have a cold beer and chips in this case...)
please tell me its home made because the harissa i found in shops in france was absolutely terrible,far too weak and no flavour at all.mabye i went to the wrong places
Old 29 May 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1622171)   #57
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F.
please tell me its home made because the harissa i found in shops in france was absolutely terrible,far too weak and no flavour at all.mabye i went to the wrong places

Ive heard of Harissa , but im not sure exactly what it tastes like . Is it a spice powder or a sauce ?

I like a touch of horseraddish on me meat mate ... can bring a slight tear to your eye too ..... both of'em !!!
Old 29 May 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1622303)   #58
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Harissa is a form of chilli sauce. I've seen it refered to as having the flavour of chilli but not the hotness, but the tube of the stuff I got from the local health food store was pretty spicy.
Old 30 May 2006, 10:40 (Ref:1622806)   #59
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Anyone know good bars in Tours too?
Head for the old town in the very centre and follow the crowds. It's a University town, so plenty of student "stuff" and going's-on!

For simple and easy, the cous-cous retaurant in the middle of the old town is very recommended (go for the Merguez variety) with some local rose wine.
Old 30 May 2006, 18:06 (Ref:1623164)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yum, sounds good!
Old 30 May 2006, 22:56 (Ref:1623389)   #61
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I personally like the ready made beefburgers in the Carrafour , 5% fat and taste like steak !!!
Old 31 May 2006, 07:17 (Ref:1623557)   #62
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has anyone else tried the 'cheval' from the meat section in the supermarket? We made some kebabs from them one year, not bad, if a little more chewy than beef.
Old 31 May 2006, 07:58 (Ref:1623582)   #63
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I had a cheval steak in one of the restaurants abot 15 years ago, it was great and I really would like another, but if my daughters found out my life would be hell, and,as my eldest is coming down this year, looks like steak hachettes again.
Old 31 May 2006, 10:11 (Ref:1623660)   #64
The Badger
Veteran

Is cheval a gegee then ? What is a Brouchette or something like that . Is it like skewered meat and little sausages ? Is it nice ?
Old 31 May 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1623670)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep Cheval was once a horse, or pony.
Old 31 May 2006, 16:51 (Ref:1623965)   #66
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
cheval is not bad, but has no interest to me
beef is far better, and cheaper, so I don't feel the need for cheval meat

brochette=skewer : usually beef meat or sometimes lamb, with vegetables
nice for bbq party, and it's something different (not always merguez or chipolata/sausage)
Old 31 May 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1624009)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've eaten Shergar steaks many times in France on LM trips. The funniest occasion was when we were sitting eating them in a restaurant at lunchtime when the van selling meat stopped outside. The signwriting made it clear the type of meat the guy was delivering. One of our number (who only came with us on this one occasion) made some comment about not understanding how people could eat horse steak..... Man was he upset when we enlightened him as to what he was actually eating. He spent the rest of the lunchtime in the toilette.........
Old 1 Jun 2006, 06:38 (Ref:1624337)   #68
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Man was he upset when we enlightened him as to what he was actually eating.
I hope your occasional mate never attends the FIA-GT round in China then!!!!
Old 1 Jun 2006, 21:32 (Ref:1624984)   #69
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Too lazy to read all the thread... has anyone mentioned the late-lamented Mercier champagne stand (formerly Veuve Cliquot) ??

Not strictly food but always a popular meeting-point and vital to a good Le Mans...

MMMMM now... where's my glass of wine gone??
Old 1 Jun 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1624987)   #70
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess this is why it's a week long... there's just no time to do justice to all the great opportunities for scoffing in one paltry weekend...
Old 1 Jun 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1624990)   #71
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
Too lazy to read all the thread... has anyone mentioned the late-lamented Mercier champagne stand (formerly Veuve Cliquot) ??

Not strictly food but always a popular meeting-point and vital to a good Le Mans...

MMMMM now... where's my glass of wine gone??
But it is full of body stimulating ingrediants ..... so it must be some sort of "a food" !!! If they can sell beer in McDonalds ..... it must be a food
Old 2 Jun 2006, 00:08 (Ref:1625074)   #72
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And on that subject, there is a Mcdonalds near the Mulsanne straight, handy on Sunday night, when you're too knackered to cook, or go anywhere else. Probably the best toilets in the area aswell...
Old 2 Jun 2006, 01:20 (Ref:1625098)   #73
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
But it is full of body stimulating ingrediants ..... so it must be some sort of "a food" !!! If they can sell beer in McDonalds ..... it must be a food
But there is only non-alcoholic beer at the track (Friday before the race, anyway).
Old 2 Jun 2006, 07:21 (Ref:1625141)   #74
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Much better than McD's is the "Quick" chain of burger restaurants, there's one at the northern edge of the city just by the autoroute entrance, so it's been our final stop of the weekend for the past few years.
Old 2 Jun 2006, 11:25 (Ref:1625361)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven

Absolutely agree with the "late lamented" bit. Lovely to drink a glass of champagne in a little more style at the Mercier stand. The current champagne stand seems to be a meeting-point which is only used for those who have swapped the majority of their bloodstream for alcohol, these days........