Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Jun 2007, 03:29 (Ref:1940443)   #1
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NLR / PWR / ??r...??? (MERGED X1)

I figured it's probably lost in the thread where i wrote it, so here tis...a copy and paste...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Is that the price to the regular punters, or inclusive of the benefit of the contra enduro drives at NLR?

Ummm, Mr GTR, i'd be sure it was in fact NLR before you start calling it so.

My powder room, which has the good stuff, is suggesting that perhaps the NLR brand may be attcahed to a team far further north than the one you all may think...and in blue cars not red.

And I don't think this alleged new acquisition will have any impact on the sign and sealed enduro combinations at this northern based oufit as announced some months ago.

Guess we will find out if M.White was signed at PWR on merit or money since I doubt M.Marshall will himself be there come enduro time.

Time for another few different thread me thinks...
1. Is the No Limit takeover of PWR actually happening?
2. Is there a Qld Ford team in financial strife that is next on Mr.Marshall's radar?
3. Who is actually driving at PWR come endurance time?
4. Will Paul Weel be back in his own saddle?

oh, almost forgot...if any of this actually happened of course

anyone care to put some qualified light on the subject?
Old 18 Jun 2007, 04:28 (Ref:1940455)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If someone thinks taking over a racing team that has lots of brand names on the sides of the cars but the 2007 budget is allegedly already spent and then some, and there is no room for more brands on the cars... then there is a question of what is "cheap" and what isnt.

If the team alleged to be in play with Mr Marshall is secured, even if it is at the mooted $6m, or $2m lower than the alleged deal at PWR, then that saving would more than likely be required to be ploughed into the team to fund the operations for the balance of the season.

And potentially find a new sponsor to replace the existing signing to a level where the team can be self sufficient.

None of these events are particularly easy.

Having said that, if SuperCheap is not re-signing at PWR, arguably Mr Marshall would be walking in the same door for the same environment (i.e. no major sponsor to cover the operational costs) for $2m in buy price more.

It could be imagined that neither is a good buy in those circumstances, certainly not without a primary naming rights sponsor in your pocket.

The stories are around that Glenfords is on the march to wherever Mr Marshall ends up, and that somehow the Irwin Tools money is also allegedly hooked into that....

Unless my solar calculator needs a new battery... these 2 brands will not likely provide a $4m+ per annum operating budget for a blue or red team....

Methinks there must be a better option out there... buying in a distressed sale is perfect if you can self fund for a while until the team's backers can service itself... The radar, sonar and satellite vision from the various powder rooms across the land think so anyway...

Presuming any of this actually happened
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Jun 2007, 05:16 (Ref:1940469)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well from what i heard SCA are gone at seasons end take over or no take over from PWR/NLR/???, and if Mr Marshall dosn't take over Mr Weel could be up the creek and end up like 2004, where would SCA go?

is the blue team DJR by any chance? if it is where would Jim Beam go if Glenfords and Irwin came on board?

Glenfords are leaving PCR who will replace them in this stable SCA JB?

a QLD team would suit Marshall better as thats where he is based.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 20:45 (Ref:1941072)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like Mr Weel still controls PWR.... according to this week's eMNews

If the whispers from the powder room are correct and the major sponsorship deals with both SuperCheap and Holden are expiring at season's end, presumably there is no valid reason to pay a goodwill component for the operation when there are no ongoing income streams.

There is allegedly a suggestion also that a legal stoush from a former partner in the business over loss of earnings/equity that has yet to hit the Federal court, but may or may not do so in the next few weeks.... which may also have stymied the deal.

Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 18 Jun 2007, 21:22 (Ref:1941109)   #5
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Grech is gone too.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 21:52 (Ref:1941132)   #6
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When did Grech go, and what reason is given? not enough money to pay him? or did someone realise how'good' he really is?
Old 18 Jun 2007, 22:51 (Ref:1941172)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony C
When did Grech go, and what reason is given? not enough money to pay him? or did someone realise how'good' he really is?
Allegedly asked to leave earlier in the week, to be replaced by Mr Panozzo, who was the bloke Mr Grech replaced..... or so the story goes...

Taking bets on when we see the second VE? If Mr Grech has taken his welder home, does the team actually have another one?
Old 18 Jun 2007, 23:54 (Ref:1941197)   #8
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coincidence or not?

The PWR/Marshall sale deal has fallen over (http://enews.mnews.com.au today) and the same publication quietly reports (p6) a 'well-sourced rumour' that DJR has now been sold, but not to Carlin but an Australian buyer. I wonder if the two could be linked?? I expect well find out soon enough.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 00:13 (Ref:1941212)   #9
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Intersting thought spectator, maybe Marshall is a Ford man deep down - LOL
Old 19 Jun 2007, 00:15 (Ref:1941214)   #10
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it coincidence that i posted yesterday saying that NLR was allegedly eyeing off a Qld based Ford team with documented financial trouble?

Yes my powder room, apparently loaded with the good stuff, is convinced the deal is on between J.Marshall and DJR. If so, one just hopes that Dick gets enough out of this alleged sale to justify putting his clangers on the line to keep it running for the last little while and for all that he has done for the sport.

Last edited by GtiMagic; 19 Jun 2007 at 00:16. Reason: typo
Old 19 Jun 2007, 00:24 (Ref:1941219)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Except the story about DJR may well be barking up the wrong tree.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 00:59 (Ref:1941236)   #12
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A team with which Mr. Marshall has a connection?
Old 19 Jun 2007, 01:28 (Ref:1941248)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml2777
I thought Chrysler myself...
Old 19 Jun 2007, 02:30 (Ref:1941269)   #14
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That could be the same sort of joint equity deal that Larko had! When the big man has a dummy spit the deal changes! But then again he also beleives that everything is for sale at the right price.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 03:47 (Ref:1941289)   #15
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic
Is it coincidence that i posted yesterday saying that NLR was allegedly eyeing off a Qld based Ford team with documented financial trouble?

Yes my powder room, apparently loaded with the good stuff, is convinced the deal is on between J.Marshall and DJR. If so, one just hopes that Dick gets enough out of this alleged sale to justify putting his clangers on the line to keep it running for the last little while and for all that he has done for the sport.
Given that DJR have just signed a new sponsor in Brut, you might want to be a bit careful with the "financial trouble" bit. At least they are bringing a sponsor back to the sport.....
Old 19 Jun 2007, 04:05 (Ref:1941292)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
How much space does the Brut brand take up on the car? I would suggests it isnt a multi million dollar sponsorship either
Old 19 Jun 2007, 05:37 (Ref:1941320)   #17
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
it's only a small sposer, maybe it's a suply deal to so they can get rid of the scent of JB on them.

i think the Marshall deal could be with WPS the Gore's seem to be looking at Drag racing so cthey may well sell this team and if WPS go there is no Sponser except if they Keep Wilson with WOW, but Marshall in for Bargwana Glenfords on the car and Irwin to fit in somewhere, so yeah GTR maybe Marshall really is a Chrysler man.

also the response to the fallout by both parties in eNews is interesting, who is telling BS?
Old 19 Jun 2007, 06:29 (Ref:1941338)   #18
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
take off the blinkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hml2777
Marshall has never suffered from the tunnel vision you refer to !!! It certainly afflicts many on this forum, but then again, they cant see it.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 08:27 (Ref:1941413)   #19
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
the only tunnel vision Marshall has is $$$.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 09:48 (Ref:1941484)   #20
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
i think the Marshall deal could be with WPS the Gore's seem to be looking at Drag racing so cthey may well sell this team and if WPS go there is no Sponser except if they Keep Wilson with WOW
Keeping in mind that Gore and Marshall were only suing each other at the end of 2005, I dont think this is likely.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 10:17 (Ref:1941515)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Keeping in mind that Gore and Marshall were only suing each other at the end of 2005, I dont think this is likely.
Time heals all wounds... so does a cubic metre of cash....

The suing thing was allegedly not a major breach... apparently something to do with using the "Team Australia" logo/device when there was no licence given....
Old 19 Jun 2007, 13:11 (Ref:1941683)   #22
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
well Gore is a good businessman and even if he was suing Marshall i don't think he would not sell the team to them and lose the $$$ just because of that, and as GTR said cash heals all of wounds.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 13:22 (Ref:1941690)   #23
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Time heals all wounds... so does a cubic metre of cash....

The suing thing was allegedly not a major breach... apparently something to do with using the "Team Australia" logo/device when there was no licence given....
Oh ok, for some reason I thought it had to do with $$$, ie Marshall not paying.

But then the cynic in me made me think it was just a ploy to get Power into the team for the end of 05.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 13:34 (Ref:1941698)   #24
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
IMO even if it cost to get Power into the team it's paying off now.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 14:20 (Ref:1941717)   #25
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Jeff Grech always wanted to live in Queensland