Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give this year's edition of the Monaco Grand Prix?
10 1 2.13%
9 4 8.51%
8 6 12.77%
7 7 14.89%
6 6 12.77%
5 6 12.77%
4 7 14.89%
3 6 12.77%
2 3 6.38%
1 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 May 2018, 11:07 (Ref:3824903)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Monaco Grand Prix 2018

What score do you give this year's edition of the Monaco Grand Prix?
Old 27 May 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3824936)   #2
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally found that one a thriller. So many do-they-don't-theys throughout, and even when Ricciardo built a gap it was never something that could be certain.

Nice to see a Monaco GP play out cleanly too. If anything Leclerc's incident allowed Ricciardo to extend his lead and saw Ocon fall back into Gasly instead of push on to Bottas. Absolutely stunning race though.
Old 27 May 2018, 15:12 (Ref:3824942)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Always causes me to think carefully about 'scoring' Monaco because it's not a race like any other. But I enjoyed it, despite it being mostly a procession (which we expect at Monaco anyway). I'll rate it an 8 because it was so good to see Daniel win it, thoroughly deservedly.
Old 27 May 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3824949)   #4
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A terrible, horrible, magnificent race. 8
Old 27 May 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3824955)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Fine race from Daniel but as usual the race itself was not very exciting so it got a generous 3 from me
Old 27 May 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3824956)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I felt the potential was there for a good race, what with tyre graining and Ricciardo's PU issue but it never materialised. Even the VSC had no impact.

Old 27 May 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3824970)   #7
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rather processional (but as others have said, that's Monaco) but some decent viewing. Glad to see a fellow Aussie winning.

I'd give it about a 7
Old 27 May 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3824973)   #8
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6. Very processional and not even any bumper-cars to liven it up.
Old 27 May 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3824982)   #9
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A solid and boring 4
Old 27 May 2018, 17:38 (Ref:3825000)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I only nodded off a couple of times, but I'll give it 5. I wouldn't mind being at the Red Bull party though
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 May 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3825039)   #11
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Slightly off topic but is this the first Monaco GP without a safety car since it was first introduced? (VSC doesn't count)
Old 27 May 2018, 21:08 (Ref:3825104)   #12
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at any other track, I would've rated it 8 or higher. knowing you can't pass in Monaco if you're name isn't Max, ruins it.
Old 27 May 2018, 21:22 (Ref:3825108)   #13
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's Monaco so there is rarely any racing.
Little tension this year as the top runners were at 80 % with car or tyre issues.

I expected little entertainment and that's what I got.
Old 27 May 2018, 22:28 (Ref:3825112)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Worst race ever.
Old 28 May 2018, 02:29 (Ref:3825132)   #15
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8. Daniel keeping that wounded Red Bull ahead of Vettel and Max moving on up made it for me.
Old 28 May 2018, 03:40 (Ref:3825135)   #16
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brutal race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 May 2018, 04:06 (Ref:3825137)   #17
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Worst race ever.
Not brilliant Adam but I've seen about 500 races and it certainly wasn't in the bottom half.
Gave it a 7 for the tension and the tactical uncertainty.
Old 28 May 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3825170)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Slightly off topic but is this the first Monaco GP without a safety car since it was first introduced? (VSC doesn't count)
No, but it was deployed the previous six.
Old 28 May 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3825172)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well we missed having a first lap pile up
Old 28 May 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3825219)   #20
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6. Not a thriller but enough action to keep me awake and interested: would Ricciardo's Red Bull would hold up? Would Hamilton chance a 2-stop? Would Bottas capitalise on his pace by making some bold overtakes? Could Ocon catch Bottas? How would the Gasly-Hulkenberg-Verstappen battle play out?
Old 28 May 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3825223)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
4. Nowhere near a thriller, even with moments of interest. Great recovery from Max, how Danny kept on I don’t know, Hamilton a bit below par, interesting battle between Bottas and Kimi. Traffic jam between Gasly, Hulk, Max.
Old 28 May 2018, 13:56 (Ref:3825242)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a spectacle and one that has to be witnessed in the flesh. Watching it on TV was tedium personified. However I gave it three. The exciting bit was whether the Honey-badger would actually survive.
Old 28 May 2018, 14:13 (Ref:3825245)   #23
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Most exciting Monaco GP ever. 7/10
Old 28 May 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3825266)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I felt the potential was there for a good race, what with tyre graining and Ricciardo's PU issue but it never materialised. Even the VSC had no impact.
obviously i also take Monaco for what it is, history, tradition, beautiful backdrop etc but i agree completely...this time around a lot of potential which never materialized.

maybe it was the tire choices and the one stopper, the end of this phase of the PU allotments for most cars, a hint of rain that never came, SV never really getting close enough to take advantage of DR's troubles, a VSC which came a bit too late to have an impact, and generally clean driving from all the drivers.

an overly conservative race imo so gave it a 6 mainly because it was Monaco.
Old 29 May 2018, 01:11 (Ref:3825368)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its Monaco, stories to the end up front with Shoey. Not the greatest but it's Monaco. I like watching anything through those streets... 6 or 7 and bumped up b/c Monaco and to be different that chill