Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Apr 2004, 13:54 (Ref:950992)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari & Michael Wins It Again!!! =)

Great drive..flawless in the race...superb race pace...MICHAEL SCHUMACHER AND FERRARI MAKES IT FOUR IN A ROW!!

Really good work by Ferrari...the car was wonderful, consistently fast and reliable. Michael didn't put a foot wrong, and exert his authority to take another great win with a dominate drive.

Well done to Button... he did well to hold the lead in the first stint, and despite overtaken by Michael, was dominate over the rest and was never threatened by Montoya at all. WELL deserved 2nd place for Button and Honda (though Sato's blew )

And for a twisty and narrow track, we had quite a few decent fights along the way...pretty good last race for Imola. Pity though that Alonso and Rubens couldn't pull one out and grab a place from Montoya (whatever happened to his and ralf's lack of pace?) and Trulli respectively..

And geez..it really ain't a good race for RB, Ralf, and DC..but at least Kimi scored his first points!

I'm a happy man!
Old 25 Apr 2004, 13:57 (Ref:950999)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least Kimi scored his first POINT to be more devastatingly accurate and thus clinically depressing!
Old 25 Apr 2004, 13:59 (Ref:951004)   #3
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well done to ms and ferrari........at this juncture i'd say that the only one that can get close enough to him his jenson and the BAR...
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:00 (Ref:951006)   #4
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Michael Schumacher sweeps the season, will he finally decide that there's nothing left for him to do in Formula 1 and gracefully exit, allowing somebody else to take center stage?
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:00 (Ref:951009)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Possibly.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:01 (Ref:951012)   #6
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well..the key phrase is "Michael ALLOWING somebody else"..
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:02 (Ref:951014)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not a chance, dream on guys
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:05 (Ref:951017)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari are too good for the rest and i dont think any extreame weather conditions are going to trouble MS... they might trouble Rubens but i can see MS getting on the podium (1st 2nd or 3rd) in every race if he has not blow ups (blowups and ferrari seems laughable)
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:10 (Ref:951022)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Honestly, i do find it curious how Rubens 'managed' to struggle and drop places every pitstop while his teammate blows the field away...granted overtaking isn't easy, Really shows the difference between the 2 drivers when they drive in/out-laps.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:12 (Ref:951027)   #10
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Typically flawless drive from Schu really. Good drive from Button too, but as JPM put it, the Williams "just isn't quick enough". Dull as ditch water race mind, although it always is at Imola. The sooner they ditch this one the better.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:12 (Ref:951028)   #11
Poddy
Rookie

Poddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fish_Flake
If Michael Schumacher sweeps the season, will he finally decide that there's nothing left for him to do in Formula 1 and gracefully exit?
Ooh I doubt it. He's still obviously got the pace and the appitite for it - why quit if you're winning for fun and earning millions to boot?

Besides, I's like to see Button, Webber, Alonso, Montoya or Kimi actually beat him to a championship before he calls it quits, and I suspect they'd agree (especially after the masterclass he demonstrated today).

Congrats to Jenson and BAR - looking at the way they demolished the other Michelin runners today, they're clearly on their way up, hopefully that race win won't be too long in coming.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:24 (Ref:951045)   #12
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Michael Schumacher!!! Great job!!

7650-wallpaper Yahoo! Groups - F1 Wallpapers for your Nokia phones
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:30 (Ref:951060)   #13
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would like to get inside Michael Schumacher's mind. I don't like him and Ferrari. I admire them, I respect them, but I don't like them. They're like the New York Yankees (to allude to baseball, feel free to replace with your own respectful "dynasty"): they spend far more money than any of their competitors ensuring their superiority against all their peers, they take victory effortlessly, year after year, and still seem to enjoy it, even though they start out expecting victory as a given. To me, sport is all about the challenge. I can't see how you can get any sort of satisfaction from victory when it becomes so routine.

I liked Ferrari in 1996, not unlike how I liked the Yankees in 1996. Both had storied histories; both had been separated from championship glory for about the same amount of time, and I knew that championship glory would come again soon. I liked Schumacher for moving to Ferrari for the challenge. Now, though, it has just become too easy for them. I have no doubts that Ferrari will lose someday. There will be outrage among the tifosi, the top brass at Ferrari will all cry foul, and they will spend even more money to get back to the top. I will enjoy watching it, not for the fact that Ferrari will lose but for whomever beats the odds and overtakes them.

Last edited by Fish_Flake; 25 Apr 2004 at 14:30.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:34 (Ref:951069)   #14
Gt_R
Veteran

Fish, i hope you didn't let your "dislike" affect your judgement.

And honestly, Mclaren and Toyota spending far more money than Sauber yet struggles behind...it shows that money doenst' buy success... Hmmm perhaps now you like Mclaren now they are forced to "challenge".

It's up to the others to provide the "challenge" that you crave, not Ferrari looking for it. And Ferrari/MS didn't shy from the challenge in 96, hence i don't see the reason why they need to feel guilty to enjoy the success they have now.

Last edited by Gt_R; 25 Apr 2004 at 14:36.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:47 (Ref:951085)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's still amazing that Schuey isn't bored of winning.....he obviously just enjoys driving too much!!!

Michael, go and spend some time with your family. You have a lovely wife and kids somewhere, pop round to the house someday and see what they're like! You really might like them! No, really, you might!

*Michael boards plane to spend next 10 days at Fiorano*
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:49 (Ref:951087)   #16
Gt_R
Veteran

MS could have stopped at his third stop, come out kiss his wife, say hi to JPM's wife, take a pee, then a coffee and get back into the seat and still come out in front of Montoya
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:50 (Ref:951088)   #17
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
I've always liked McLaren. That silver paint job is to die for.

Money does not buy success. It does not matter how much you can buy, it's how the sum of the parts work together. The Ferrari team not only spends the most, its parts work together better than any other team on the grid. I admire them for that. I don't like them, but I admire them. It's also good to see that BAR finally has the right combination to make it to top-flight status. They've been the benchmark of the "money can't buy everything" philosophy for the past few years, but it's now paying off.

My mind works in intervals of three. If you've won three times in a row, I think it's time for someone else to step up.That's just how I think. It may be flawed, but then again, I just remember that you think I'm as crazy as I may think you are.

Last edited by Fish_Flake; 25 Apr 2004 at 14:53.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:40 (Ref:951136)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

Great thinking...

I guess FIA should just award wins on a rotational basis

Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:44 (Ref:951141)   #19
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was another vintage performance from Michael, as we have come to expect over the years. He has an enormous appetite for racing and winning.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:48 (Ref:951148)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Shoe-maker, I've just seen your sig......going out on a limb there aren't you?
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:58 (Ref:951163)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great drive from Michael, sad to say. No one else even came close. Any hope of a close title has evaporated now. We might as well congratulate Michael, Jean, Ross, Rory et al for the 2004 titles already.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 16:26 (Ref:951195)   #22
Gt_R
Veteran

One thing i'm impressed today is not just the clockwork-perfection from Michael, rather his lack of hesitation to fight it out for a position, and risk losing it all, instead of settling for safe points or position in qualifying..
Old 25 Apr 2004, 17:23 (Ref:951247)   #23
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant race from MS and from Jenson.

JB kept his cool in second place, hung on, drove a steady and very fast race.

I don't think JB ever thought he was going to win, but he made the rest of the field look like kids in the playground, finishing of the race in style.

Good team work from Ferrari and from BAR.

The Macs and Williams are in such dissaray, they have not got a hope of achieving anything with the internal politics going on at the moment. No team spirit, no confident leadership and no drivers, (Williams), as yet, for next year.

If I was a mechanic or an engineer, for either team, I'd be looking for another job. Kimi should be looking elsewhere as well.

Last edited by Pitstop; 25 Apr 2004 at 17:26.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 19:24 (Ref:951333)   #24
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This might have been a great race if there had not been any pitstops. Schumaker would have been forced to overtake Button.
The GP was so boring after the first pitstops and MS was in the lead that I actually fell asleep...Suspect middle age approaching rapidly but GP's need to get more exciting.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 19:31 (Ref:951342)   #25
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The first few laps were good, but after the pitstops it sort of wandered off into sheer boredom so i switched it off to watch discovery channel, which was a lot more exciting.