Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Apr 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1271156)   #1
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bill on Motors TV

We had kept this (ish) quiet, but Bill applied as a "mechanic" for the Motors TV "Search for a Star", ie 1 driver + 4 mechanics + 1 cook plucked from the general public to participate in the Nurburgring 24 hours. It was all a bit of fun and nothing further was expected.

The original entry was to submit a CV (& chosen duty) back in November. Imagine our surprise when, in early March, Bill gets an e-mail inviting him to the final selection at Circuit Issoire (near Clermont Ferrand in mid-France) on 2nd April! All at our own expense but, with no high hopes, an experience worth paying for.

Anyway, (details may be forthcoming in a future edition of "Trackside"), Bill did not make it through the final selection (somewhat to my relief - I'm not sure I could have managed the race with my workload) but it was a really good experience nonetheless. The emphasis was on "the driver" but the best bit was "marking" the two cooks!!!!!!

The whole thing was filmed and will be shown on Motors TV (Sky Channel 413) at 12.30pm this Saturday, 9th April - repeated at 12:00 midnight, same day.

Knowing what Motors are like with their schedules, we hope that anybody with nothing better to do at the time (we are at Donington!), might video it in case our attempts fail. We'll let you know how things work out with our recording!!!!!!

Shelagh & Bill