Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 12 Mar 2000, 18:01 (Ref:7880)   #1
Testa Rossa
Rookie

Testa Rossa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

I am not sure someone will be interested by these... I am deeply interested in sports car racing and only have very scant results for the following races. Can anyone help and bring some info ? (details like entrants and chassis numbers would be particulary appreciated)

12 Heures de Hyeres, June 1953
12 Heures de Hyeres, June 1954
British GP, Sports Car Race, July 1957
Road America 500, Elkhart Lake, Sept 1958
British GP, Sports Car Race, July 1959
Player’s 200, Mosport, June 1962
Canadian Grand Prix, Mosport, September 1962
Player’s 200, Mosport, June 1963
Tourist Trophy, Oulton Park, April 1966

PS : If everyone except me find this kind of stuff boring, let me know.

Testa Rossa
Old 12 Mar 2000, 20:01 (Ref:7881)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Testa Rossa,

You ought to know me well enough by now! I find this sort of thing FASCINATING.

Expect an email with what I've got on the '66 Tourist Trophy. Not much, but may be of some help.

Anyone else out there got any more?
Old 13 Mar 2000, 23:39 (Ref:7882)   #3
jarama
Racer

jarama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I can, I'll help you a bit in the next days.

Anyway, it's a fascinating game... to search, to find and, finally, to share our knowledge about motor racing.
Old 14 Mar 2000, 17:10 (Ref:7883)   #4
AUSTRIA
Racer

AUSTRIA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Testa Rossa, dont be afraid, boring someone. If one is not interested in this kind of stuff, he simply will quit after reading the topic - without posting a reply. That's it!
So if you get only one answer, the topic was worth to be born. We are only a few here, who like this kind of business, the most are real historic racers more than race-historians.

Perhaps we should try to discuss a little bit more and deeper here and then other visitors with the same passions will find interest and get in.

I completely agree with jarama, adding only, that also a discussion should follow.

My sources tell me nothing about your question, for I'm a sportscar-youngster, but I am highly interestet. So I'll try to interview some well-knowing people, wich I know from other forums and sites and I will add the efforts of my research - if there are - to the mail, I announced you.

Stay with us a long time.

E.T.