Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Jul 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2730067)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lola launches glimpse of 2011 car.

Computer renders of what thier 2011-spec car will look like here:

http://www.lolacars.com/newsstory.asp?NewsId=260
Old 21 Jul 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2730071)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the link, DF.

What is the major difference in the B11/40 LMP2 and the current Lola LMP2, besides the shark fin?

Good looking car, as standard from Lola.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 12:06 (Ref:2730088)   #3
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks nice, the shark fin dosnt look half as bad as i thought it would.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 12:13 (Ref:2730094)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Shark fins....

The Ford 2L turbo is the Mountune tuned engine which is used by Arena in BTCC?
Old 21 Jul 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2730099)   #5
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shark fin make the baby jesus sad. On the other hand it's good to see Lola leading the way in LMP2 for the new regulations. It's also nice to see the return of the open top Lola as well. I always missed the open roof Lola since everyone has started running the closed roof car, even if it is a fabulous looking race car.

Anyone care to remind me as to the new LMP2 regs?

I seem to remember it being along the lines of 900kilos and production derived engines with about 400-450bhp?
Old 21 Jul 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2730100)   #6
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post

I seem to remember it being along the lines of 900kilos and production derived engines with about 400-450bhp?
That's pretty much spot on, I'd say.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 12:31 (Ref:2730107)   #7
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
That's pretty much spot on, I'd say.
Fantastic, seems my memory is'nt that rusty after all then.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2730127)   #8
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Shark fins....

I was wondering what engines they had in mind when the press release mentioned Ford and Toyota engines.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2730131)   #9
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Shark fins....

The Mountune one is LPG - is that legal in 2011 rules LMPs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was wondering what engines they had in mind when the press release mentioned Ford and Toyota engines.
A V8. Presumably actually based on one used in a Lexus road car.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 13:08 (Ref:2730135)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Last year the Mountune 2L turbo was petrol.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2730139)   #11
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm, there is also a Ford V6 that was run in the smaller Marcos Mantis in DSC a few years ago - but I'll be damned if I can remember who that one was built by.

EDIT: Might have confused my English cottage builders - The Ginetta G50 has a 3.5l Ford V6 as well.

Don't forget that Judd is suppossed to be working on a new P2 engine so the Toyota or the Ford could be the Judd project.

Last edited by Speed-King; 21 Jul 2010 at 13:29.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2730141)   #12
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
perhaps will have the new AJ-V8 GEN III JAGUAR
Old 21 Jul 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2730154)   #13
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fin looks terrible and I don't see any way you could make it look less out of place.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2730170)   #14
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to say I'm disappointed. I feel that the car is starting to look very dated, this 2011 version looks similar to a B06/10 at the front! An update should look, well, updated! The shark fin is ugly, guess it makes more room for sponsor decals though.

How is a Judd engine production derived?
Old 21 Jul 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2730181)   #15
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they're tuning someone else's production engine
Old 21 Jul 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2730183)   #16
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So not really a Judd engine then! Judd could theoretically tune any engine, so does every production engine fit?
Old 21 Jul 2010, 17:11 (Ref:2730242)   #17
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If Judd need to homologate a road engine, I will bite the bullet and volunteer my ride.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 20:56 (Ref:2730343)   #18
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
that´s so boring...(design) is about the same that the older versions.

i would like to see something "NEW" something fresh, audacious, dashing...
Old 21 Jul 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2730349)   #19
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
that´s so boring...(design) is about the same that the older versions.

i would like to see something "NEW" something fresh, audacious, dashing...
I don't really expect anything revolutionary in a class where cost is the main point. Lola (or any other manufacturer) really has their hands tied in regards to creativity.

So cars that may be in the 2011 p2 regs:
Lola with a base design half a decade old
Oreca with a base design just as old
Norma with a new design
Radical with an old design
Riley with a new design possible for 2012

But I see the interest in the class being generated by the much larger list of potential engines available to teams: HPD, Ford, BMW, Corvette, Nissan, Toyota.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 21:18 (Ref:2730353)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Man, gimme a roof.........
Old 21 Jul 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2730359)   #21
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
uhh, eliminate Corvette from that group as the LMP2 engine size spec for homologated is between 4 & 4.5L, and diesel is at 4.4L.

HPD & Nissan may go for V6, Ford may go for their former 4.2L V8, and BMW, Toyota, Porsche, and even Ferrari will use their V8s.

This could get real interesting...
Old 21 Jul 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2730361)   #22
Speed-King
Veteran

Race Car engineering has a more detailed list of the available engines:
Quote:
Engines available to Lola LMP2 customers
In alphabetical order

· BMW V8

· Ford 2.0litre turbo

· HPD V6 turbo

· Jaguar V8 N/A

· Judd V8 N/A

· Nissan V8 N/A

· Toyota V8 N/A
I wonder what's up with the mention of Judd in there...

I could easily see the new LMP2s becoming the backbone of the regional Le Mans series with the LMP1s becoming an ILMC-only category eventually, especially if *some* factory backing for P2 can be found.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 22:44 (Ref:2730382)   #23
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice R18-esque sidepods there.
Old 28 Jul 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2734737)   #24
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Renderings of the 2011 P-2 coupe are now in their gallery.

L.P.
Old 28 Jul 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2734744)   #25
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hmmm. I wonder if that 'fin' can be retro fitted?

Ain't it just plain Fugly?