Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Sep 2003, 22:39 (Ref:708526)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British GT and Euro GT to link-up for 2 big Enduros?

I was reading this weeks Autosport magasine and I noticed that in the Club Autosport section there is a article saying that the British GT may link up with the Euro GT series next year, if the cars are not eligable for the LMES 1000km races.

The series organisers want to have 2 rounds outside GB but will need permission from the BRDC as the series is a National series, and normally only allowes 1 away race per season. Now this to me seems like a very good idea. If the Weith Ferrari does race in Euro GT as was reported a while back it would also be a welcome addition to the series.

So potentially we could have a grid of say, 3 Vipers, 3 Marcos LM 600's, 4 Porsche GT2's, 2 Moslers, 4 TVR's, a couple of Stealth's, and a Corvette, as well as a GNM Porsche 911, and a Ferrari 360 or 2. In the cup class however its anyones guess.

Okay so that grid woudnt be great, but itd be pretty damn good, and I woudnt mind watching it myself. I also think we may see a stronger Euro GT series and British GT series next year. Lets hope so. All in all things are looking good for sportscar racing at the moment.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 05:33 (Ref:708731)   #2
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I liked the idea of the cup class having a couple of rounds on their own. It would be nice to see them go for a race win rather than be also rans.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 07:07 (Ref:708813)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, a tournament for not LMES eligable cars seems a good thing. Let's hope for a good telly covering too : is the British GF covered by a broadcast in UK ?
Old 5 Sep 2003, 07:39 (Ref:708839)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Yes Fab but the timings aren't too friendly - very early morning and 7am on Saturdays