Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jul 2020, 09:34 (Ref:3985257)   #526
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So, France is now off the UK quarantine list. Hopefully the French will now follow suit....
Where can I take a look at that quarantine list? Is Belgium on or off it? I might look into visiting the UK for a week or so in September.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 11:15 (Ref:3985276)   #527
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Where can I take a look at that quarantine list? Is Belgium on or off it? I might look into visiting the UK for a week or so in September.
It seems that the full list hasn't been published yet, but it refers to 50 'low risk' countries. I'd be surprised if Belgium wasn't on that list.

Edit -

The Daily Telegraph says that this is the likely list (although there are 55 countries on it):-

Latvia, San Marino, Poland, Austria, Norway, Italy, Hungary, Turkey, Switzerland, Netherlands, Liechtenstein, Cyprus, Malta, Iceland, Slovakia, Serbia, Germany, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Reunion, Australia, Finland, St Pierre and Miquelon, Andorra, New Zealand, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Gibraltar, Spain, Greece, St Kitts and Nevis, Martinique, Monaco, St Lucia, Canada, Wallis and Futuna, Trinidad and Tobago, Montenegro, Bermuda, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, Brunei, French Polynesia, Denmark, Belgium, Estonia, France, Malaysia, Ireland, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas and Barbados.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 11:24 (Ref:3985278)   #528
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I thought you might be busy in September Vince, rumour has it there will be an event in France that could be worth going to.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 11:40 (Ref:3985279)   #529
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, but I have an 11-day stretch of free days 29 august till 8 september, then 5 night shifts (hopefully 4) and then Le Mans.
If Caterham or Morgan do rentals again by then, I might do Blighty again in that 11-day stretch
Old 3 Jul 2020, 11:52 (Ref:3985282)   #530
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes, but I have an 11-day stretch of free days 29 august till 8 september, then 5 night shifts (hopefully 4) and then Le Mans.
If Caterham or Morgan do rentals again by then, I might do Blighty again in that 11-day stretch
So might see you before le mans then.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 11:54 (Ref:3985285)   #531
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
So our very own MuppetDave has offered me one of his existing tickets and a camping spot. Question is, will Americans, with our current $hit show be allowed in the EU come September? I'm not liking my chances right about now.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 11:59 (Ref:3985286)   #532
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
So our very own MuppetDave has offered me one of his existing tickets and a camping spot. Question is, will Americans, with our current $hit show be allowed in the EU come September? I'm not liking my chances right about now.
That is a very big question!
I was supposed to go to Boston on the 1st of September (now cancelled wedding of a friend) but as things stand we are "allowed" to go to the US from the 31st of August - from Denmark.

I do however fear this will change.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 12:01 (Ref:3985287)   #533
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Still well over 2 months to go so should be better by then, so we might see you on Tertre Rouge then? The ten-tenths camp there will be bigger than usual, I will also introduce you to the original source of the camping ticket, but beware last year after talking to him i ended up flying a spitfire. See you in September.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 13:31 (Ref:3985303)   #534
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I'm happy as a holder of a ticket to be there...I'm pretty much curious how many tickets are already sold....how many spectators will be there....50K? or less? or even more as ACO members can still buy.....
What do you think?
It will be my 4th time...this one will be different for sure
Old 3 Jul 2020, 14:27 (Ref:3985315)   #535
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Got feed up waiting for aco to return my email, so phoned them, tickets sorted so now need to book tunnel
Old 3 Jul 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3985351)   #536
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Had a 'Ready to welcome you on board' email this afternoon from Brittany Ferries. Guidance indicates that masks will need to be worn in all public areas, boarding and embarkation will be staggered, need to check in 90 minutes in advance and every passenger needs to book a reserved seat or cabin. That's what the blurb said. On their website when I checked my booking, it actually said that everyone needs a cabin for every sailing until the end of August. Things may have relaxed by September, but I've now sorted out cabins there and back to be on the safe side. Pretty cheap, actually. I was surprised to get an outer cabin on the return ferry as that is always absolutely rammed. I guess they've had a fair few cancellations....
Old 3 Jul 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3985352)   #537
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
That is a very big question!
I was supposed to go to Boston on the 1st of September (now cancelled wedding of a friend) but as things stand we are "allowed" to go to the US from the 31st of August - from Denmark.

I do however fear this will change.
I'd stay away if I were you. We have no signs of leadership from our federal government.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 17:06 (Ref:3985353)   #538
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Still well over 2 months to go so should be better by then, so we might see you on Tertre Rouge then? The ten-tenths camp there will be bigger than usual, I will also introduce you to the original source of the camping ticket, but beware last year after talking to him i ended up flying a spitfire. See you in September.
It's gonna be a decision made fairly last minute I suppose. I hope I'll be able to.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 17:19 (Ref:3985359)   #539
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
It's gonna be a decision made fairly last minute I suppose. I hope I'll be able to.
i hope you will be able to make it and enjoy Tertre Rouge campsite for the first time, obviously we will refrain from alcohol well at least until after breakfast.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 17:36 (Ref:3985360)   #540
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'd stay away if I were you. We have no signs of leadership from our federal government.
That is also our intention, but we “need” the travel ban to be extended to get our money back through insurance.
Of course just a few days so that you can still come over
Old 4 Jul 2020, 21:08 (Ref:3985669)   #541
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i hope you will be able to make it and enjoy Tertre Rouge campsite for the first time, obviously we will refrain from alcohol well at least until after breakfast.
So you're saying it's not like Sebring then?
Old 5 Jul 2020, 06:24 (Ref:3985751)   #542
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well as a famous person once said, the sun is always above the yard arm somewhere.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3986799)   #543
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just had another email from the ACO, it requested i fill in another survey about the race in September, asked about attending members area's and what tickets i had.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 17:58 (Ref:3986812)   #544
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, James and I have had it too.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 18:10 (Ref:3986819)   #545
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ditto
Old 9 Jul 2020, 09:33 (Ref:3986925)   #546
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I just had another email from the ACO, telling me that Scrutineering on Wednesday will be inside the circuit and not open to the public. As hopefully i will already be inside the circuit (TR is within the ticket area) i am not sure how that will work.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3986927)   #547
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I feared this would be the case. I guess it will be done in the new(ish) building at the end of the pitlane.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 11:03 (Ref:3986938)   #548
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I feared this would be the case. I guess it will be done in the new(ish) building at the end of the pitlane.
Yes, it was inevitable, so same scrutineering location/format as for Test Day. Question is, will we be able to at least access the pit lane while it's going on and get close to the cars being pushed to and from that building...?
Old 9 Jul 2020, 11:20 (Ref:3986940)   #549
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yes, it was inevitable, so same scrutineering location/format as for Test Day. Question is, will we be able to at least access the pit lane while it's going on and get close to the cars being pushed to and from that building...?
The final "true" scrutineering have always been at this location if I remember correctly.
But yes, the movement of cars to and from the scrutineering should be visible from T17 and possibly best from T34 at pit exit.
From T34, I actually think it would be possible to see straight into the scruteneering session, unless they close the gates for each car.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 11:37 (Ref:3986941)   #550
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Although we will not be allowed to get close, there will be plenty of places to get a distanced view of what is happening
Closed Thread