Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Apr 2019, 23:29 (Ref:3895171)   #476
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe cheaper to rent the prime mover when they need it, than to obtain one and have it sitting around.... Obviously the tie up with Penske might make see that they get a cheap rate...
Old 4 Apr 2019, 01:21 (Ref:3895182)   #477
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Maybe cheaper to rent the prime mover when they need it, than to obtain one and have it sitting around.... Obviously the tie up with Penske might make see that they get a cheap rate...
I imagined it was a one way loan/rental, from Melbourne to Stapylton, or the truck builder, to do the rework of the ex-LDM/ex-23Red transporter to DJRTP specs...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Apr 2019, 07:35 (Ref:3895191)   #478
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I imagined it was a one way loan/rental, from Melbourne to Stapylton, or the truck builder, to do the rework of the ex-LDM/ex-23Red transporter to DJRTP specs...
This.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3895439)   #479
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 5 Apr 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3895462)   #480
Forda
Veteran

Read about the 1,000km journey in the above DJR Mack truck, as it heads from Brisbane to Sydney with Mr Paul Cockburn on board in 1994:

http://arc.bauer.x-cago.net/WHL/arti...in-Fever.html?

"Nothing beats a Mack uphill".
Old 20 Apr 2019, 07:19 (Ref:3898711)   #481
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
DJRTP bought it..
Story Here
Old 22 Apr 2019, 22:36 (Ref:3899063)   #482
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holy smokes!!! That's fair innings in trucking terms and considering i think that T8 have had one merchandise trailer and at least 2 car trailers in that time or less...
Old 27 Apr 2019, 06:43 (Ref:3899918)   #483
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
How’s Team18’s B-TRIPLE!!!

Old 27 Apr 2019, 23:38 (Ref:3900091)   #484
Forda
Veteran

Technically a road train?
Old 28 Apr 2019, 00:51 (Ref:3900096)   #485
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Technically a road train?
Technically, but the ‘triple’ name is around as the NHVR group lobbies to open up more and more routes for these to run on. Presumably calling them a ‘train’ opens up images of lots of trailers....
Old 28 Apr 2019, 00:51 (Ref:3900097)   #486
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Trofeo AGT on the way to Perth..
Old 28 Apr 2019, 05:34 (Ref:3900121)   #487
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Yamaha ASBK...
Old 28 Apr 2019, 05:35 (Ref:3900122)   #488
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Honda ASBK..
Old 28 Apr 2019, 05:37 (Ref:3900123)   #489
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Suzuki ASBK...
Old 28 Apr 2019, 06:58 (Ref:3900130)   #490
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Must be money in bike racing here all of a sudden.
Old 28 Apr 2019, 08:55 (Ref:3900139)   #491
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

The BMW Motorrad one is a bit sad in comparison..
Old 28 Apr 2019, 09:22 (Ref:3900144)   #492
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

The reason 23Red don’t need a truck at the moment..
Old 28 Apr 2019, 11:39 (Ref:3900176)   #493
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mobil1 MEGA Transporter...

Old 29 Apr 2019, 01:45 (Ref:3900377)   #494
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Team Arcoplate...

Old 29 Apr 2019, 04:29 (Ref:3900394)   #495
Forda
Veteran

Who has stationed themselves on the Nullarbor, photographing all the transporters for us?
Old 29 Apr 2019, 04:32 (Ref:3900395)   #496
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suspect it is the teams drivers themselves posting to social media, they all have egos about their trucks and it is a tourist drive after all.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3900420)   #497
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People seem fascinated by these trucks but then I drove them for a living so I don't get it. If anyone who has a fascination for trucks and drives one for a few months they will soon lose their fascination. I suspect one or two people here think it is glamorous but that is the last thing it is.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 09:20 (Ref:3900427)   #498
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Driving the team truck is only part of the job description for these blokes. Many conveniently, or ignorantly perhaps, forget that.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3900457)   #499
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
People seem fascinated by these trucks but then I drove them for a living so I don't get it. If anyone who has a fascination for trucks and drives one for a few months they will soon lose their fascination. I suspect one or two people here think it is glamorous but that is the last thing it is.
I can back that up from experience, but that hasn’t stopped me from still being fascinated by them- especially the Oz double (and triple) trailers! Glad I don’t have to clean one of them, however, a normal artic is bad enough....
Old 29 Apr 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3900488)   #500
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Driving the team truck is only part of the job description for these blokes. Many conveniently, or ignorantly perhaps, forget that.
If you are replying to my post this has nothing to do with what I wrote, if not then I apologise as you are correct.