Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Feb 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2387304)   #16
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love this quote from his retirement press release.

http://www.brettstevensracing.com/in...ws_08_1012.htm

“Over many years I have also been the subject of many malicious and false rumour and innuendo”
Old 3 Feb 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2387306)   #17
petebendon
Rookie

petebendon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
reports also say drug ring (allegedly) operated in three states -- Queensland, NSW and WA the three states which have ANDRA drag racing events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3 Feb 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2387307)   #18
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Stevens appears to have joined an esteemed group of ANDRA licence holders who have been associated with illegal drug related activities

Romeo Capatanio may well sitting in a cell somewhere hoping that Mr Stevens ends up taking over his current mantle as "most notorious"
Old 3 Feb 2009, 10:28 (Ref:2387309)   #19
Driver TBA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petebendon
another story this one saying $1,000,000 in cash, marijuana, MDMA and cocaine.........

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news...423209335.html

maybe authorities should have listened to the hushed rumors?

Big problem for ANDRA here to save any sort of face -- they made him out to be there big star
of course the authorities knew of the rumours. Do you think the cops just decided to raid him yesterday. I'm sure Brett knew this day was coming too, hence the closure of the team.

Yes not good for ANDRA, it's members and sponsors when the sports biggest name and biggest team is caught like this. ANDRA may be able to distance itself somewhat as he and the team had already left the sport.
Although Brett was at Calder last week doing some car tuning for one of the Slammer's.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2387314)   #20
Driver TBA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards
Romeo Capatanio may well sitting in a cell somewhere hoping that Mr Stevens ends up taking over his current mantle as "most notorious"
Romeo will still hold the "most notorious" tag....

for crashing a Top Fueler....

IN REVERSE!!
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=R1O797oKJmA
Old 3 Feb 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2387343)   #21
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a friend of mine was at Shooter on the Wed night when Stevens got arrested for riding his bike from one bar into the main bar, they took him away for DD. Later that night she was in the bar that had closed to the public with some of her friends, Stevens, the owner and a couple of others. Her 2 friends one male one female both had their drinks spiked. Maybe she was right where she thought where it came from.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2387378)   #22
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought it very odd that he shut his team down out of the blue.

i never heard about it until this thread read the first post and imediatly thought of him.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2387443)   #23
Rick Martin
Rookie

Australia
South Australia, Australia
Rick Martin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This certainly explains all the weird goings on with Brett lately. It is surprising but then again it is not surprising in todays day and age.

Is a big loss to the drag racing world that is for sure but lets hope his cars are allowed to be sold so others can take over where he left off.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2387499)   #24
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Martin
This certainly explains all the weird goings on with Brett lately. It is surprising but then again it is not surprising in todays day and age.

Is a big loss to the drag racing world that is for sure but lets hope his cars are allowed to be sold so others can take over where he left off.
exactly but given how much of a face of the drag racing game he was he has given the whole drag racing community a bad name. to think i was only cheering him and his burnout on at the nats a few weeks ago.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2387724)   #25
rocks harder
Rookie

Denmark
sunny coast
rocks harder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was at his race shop about 2 months before he called it quits to a do quote on some work they needed. i was told they were about 2 build a new car thats why the acquired the wps transporter. i thought it was strange that his team to close like that i guess its all come out now.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2387732)   #26
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's motor racing, and then there's drag racing.

This news doesn't surprise me one bit.

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers"

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 22:12 (Ref:2387789)   #27
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
i thought it very odd that he shut his team down out of the blue.

Was there any truth to a story about fisty-cuffs between an executive from Jack Daniels and Brett and then someone from Makita and Brett or one of Brett's crew which led to both sponsors departing at the end of 2008??

This may have been kept out of the media but came from someone very close to the team.
Old 4 Feb 2009, 02:10 (Ref:2387878)   #28
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think ANDRA will suffer much from this event, only the same way that the Lukemia Foundation will?

Nothing compared to how they are and have been suffering for a long time due to it not being a National Sport (at the highest Group One Level)!
Old 4 Feb 2009, 02:24 (Ref:2387884)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Was there any truth to a story about fisty-cuffs between an executive from Jack Daniels and Brett and then someone from Makita and Brett or one of Brett's crew which led to both sponsors departing at the end of 2008??

This may have been kept out of the media but came from someone very close to the team.
Judging by the level of equipment in the shed... did they really need any commercial sponsorship?
Old 4 Feb 2009, 03:48 (Ref:2387897)   #30
Rick Martin
Rookie

Australia
South Australia, Australia
Rick Martin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
exactly but given how much of a face of the drag racing game he was he has given the whole drag racing community a bad name.
Yes this is very true, like most things it only takes one to ruin it, or atleast make a sport look negative through there actions outside the sport.