Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Apr 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3896588)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
He's absolutely right.

We're at a crucial point where the technology is far ahead of the testing process. Some very clever people have managed to reverse-engineer the tests to design a car that fits them.
Which back in the days of Euro TC was a speciality of the Walkinshaws, to be fair. Those Rovers...
Old 10 Apr 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3896595)   #17
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Which back in the days of Euro TC was a speciality of the Walkinshaws, to be fair. Those Rovers...
If you’ve not got it already I heartily recommend Allan Scott’s TWR and Rover’s SD1. Allan Scott managed Walkinshaw’ s engine department. Those Volvo rocker arms...
Old 10 Apr 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3896607)   #18
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Kellys need to work harder.
Yet Ford Performance DID work harder, and are not being allowed to enjoy the fruits of their hard work even though it was within the rules. How does that work!?

Quote:
allowed several aero revisions, composite panels, and have set them as the baseline
This nonsense, which is subject to bias, can be done away with simply by writing a set of rules that are the same for everyone and letting the teams go at it. No concessions, no revisions -- none of that farcical untenable nonsense!
Old 10 Apr 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3896674)   #19
Jerico
Racer

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Yet Ford Performance DID work harder, and are not being allowed to enjoy the fruits of their hard work even though it was within the rules. How does that work!?

This nonsense, which is subject to bias, can be done away with simply by writing a set of rules that are the same for everyone and letting the teams go at it. No concessions, no revisions -- none of that farcical untenable nonsense!
Did you had the same view last year when DJR put pressure on Supercars to have the rules changed so they could fit a composite roof skin? Twelve months later DJR exploit the same rule even further and now it should be left so they can enjoy the fruits of their work? Yes, that would be great if you're a ford fan, but not so good if you're not. A year of Mustangs winning all the races and taking up the whole front of the grid is bad for the sport. I'm a Holden fan, but I don't want to see Holden win all and every race, as I am a bigger fan of the sport.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 00:57 (Ref:3896709)   #20
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Seems to be failing Kelly Racing -- where is their parity?
Failed Erebus with the Mercedes too!
Old 11 Apr 2019, 08:07 (Ref:3896742)   #21
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Did you had the same view last year when DJR put pressure on Supercars to have the rules changed so they could fit a composite roof skin? Twelve months later DJR exploit the same rule even further and now it should be left so they can enjoy the fruits of their work? Yes, that would be great if you're a ford fan, but not so good if you're not. A year of Mustangs winning all the races and taking up the whole front of the grid is bad for the sport. I'm a Holden fan, but I don't want to see Holden win all and every race, as I am a bigger fan of the sport.
There have only been 3 rounds thus far where Mustangs have shown strong form.

Versus how many years of 888 dominating everything?

But it's only now we need to inhibit a winning edge for "the good of the sport".
Old 11 Apr 2019, 08:22 (Ref:3896744)   #22
Jerico
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
There have only been 3 rounds thus far where Mustangs have shown strong form.

Versus how many years of 888 dominating everything?

But it's only now we need to inhibit a winning edge for "the good of the sport".
You talking about when 888 ran Ford also? 888 fan back then were you? come on tell the truth. Mustang taking five of the six grid positions SM driving away from the rest of the field and pulling a large gap within four or five laps of the race. having to move round 30 Kgs into the roof of their car after crying about a lot less weight than that the year before. The year they won the championship. Parity who has a problem with an even playing field?
Old 11 Apr 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3896747)   #23
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even with the COG adjustment, they'll still be at the front of the field.

They claimed the FG-X was at a disadvantage last year, yet still won the championship soundly.

The amount of whinging from the Ford teams' fanbase is unsubstantiated.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 08:43 (Ref:3896750)   #24
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For what it's worth, I don't have a foot in either camp.

I just enjoy the racing for what it is. Even moreso, when it's close racing.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3896752)   #25
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They claimed the FG-X was at a disadvantage last year, yet still won the championship soundly.
Quote:

I just enjoy the racing for what it is. Even moreso, when it's close racing.
Last year's championship was decided at the final round.

Is that close racing by your definition, or does it constitute winning the championship soundly?
Old 11 Apr 2019, 09:24 (Ref:3896762)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!

Good old Mobil wholesale fuels keeping their retail front end happy
Manufacturing Intellect..
Motion Creates Emotion..
Take control of your journey..
Savings. Service. Satisfaction..
You cannot follow fake and expect to find real..
Give me health and strength, we'll steal the rest..
It's easier to throw rocks at a house than to build one..
Old 11 Apr 2019, 09:32 (Ref:3896769)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Manufacturing Intellect..
Motion Creates Emotion..
Take control of your journey..
Savings. Service. Satisfaction..
You cannot follow fake and expect to find real..
Give me health and strength, we'll steal the rest..
It's easier to throw rocks at a house than to build one..
Old 11 Apr 2019, 09:44 (Ref:3896773)   #28
Jerico
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Even with the COG adjustment, they'll still be at the front of the field.

The amount of whinging from the Ford teams' fanbase is unsubstantiated.
I'm a Holden fan when it comes to v8 racing, but in every day stuff I like Fords and Mopar. I don't have a Holden tee shirt. You are right when it comes to crying, ford fan do it best. Lots of practice maybe.
The FG and the ZB I think were a very good match. look at the ZB side profile it's like a concrete block wall in the front.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 09:51 (Ref:3896777)   #29
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Last year's championship was decided at the final round.

Is that close racing by your definition, or does it constitute winning the championship soundly?
He lead the championship for the buk of the season. Reeled off pole positions with dominant frequency.

But nah, the car was a dud.
Old 11 Apr 2019, 09:52 (Ref:3896778)   #30
Jack65
Rookie

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Good old Mobil wholesale fuels keeping their retail front end happy
Nick might need to double check his payslip this month.