Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Apr 2019, 05:24 (Ref:3897573)   #106
Forda
Veteran
 
Forda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 767
Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Well bringing broken splitters to the track to fix them trackside isnt a usual thing for the category's technical supplier of splitters..

Changing an engine in Mr Whincup's car for a less-mileaged one as opposed to a fully fresh one isnt a usual activity of that squad either. Nor is having straight line speed issues and the whole drivetrain remains intact.

A lesser team might see that as a squad with no spares...
Interesting this occurred on top of the sale of their state-of-the-art transporter, a chunk of the operation's equity, and a spare chassis iirc.
Forda is online now  
Quote
Old 15 Apr 2019, 05:58 (Ref:3897577)   #107
Silver GT
Racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 222
Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Twin springs were in the championship for a good 10 years or more.
Lesson learnt....dont put all your eggs in 1 basket. Nothing stays the same
Silver GT is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Apr 2019, 05:59 (Ref:3897579)   #108
Silver GT
Racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 222
Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Interesting this occurred on top of the sale of their state-of-the-art transporter, a chunk of the operation's equity, and a spare chassis iirc.
and a massive reduction in salarys...ie Craigs and all his support.
Silver GT is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Apr 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3897594)   #109
Driver TBA
Veteran
 
Driver TBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,307
Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Interesting this occurred on top of the sale of their state-of-the-art transporter, a chunk of the operation's equity, and a spare chassis iirc.
Maybe Roland's just tightening the belt before a problem arises, instead of waiting for one. Look what happened to GSR and GMS when the ciggie money dried up.
Holden renewing their deal might not be a sure thing, or at a reduced rate.

Smart move completely walking away from the 3rd car when it couldn't be fully funded. May as well get rid of the assets required to run a 3rd car too, if not required.

He might also have one eye on retirement?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Driver TBA is online now  
__________________
What If the Hokey Pokey Really IS What It's All About???????????
Quote
Old 15 Apr 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3897599)   #110
Umai Naa
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,735
Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He also in recent times stepped away from the Supercars board.

Mixed opinions on that one, coming from the paddock
Umai Naa is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Apr 2019, 22:21 (Ref:3897798)   #111
Silver GT
Racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 222
Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Maybe Roland's just tightening the belt before a problem arises, instead of waiting for one. Look what happened to GSR and GMS when the ciggie money dried up.
Holden renewing their deal might not be a sure thing, or at a reduced rate.

Smart move completely walking away from the 3rd car when it couldn't be fully funded. May as well get rid of the assets required to run a 3rd car too, if not required.

He might also have one eye on retirement?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
maybe that new Benz running in the GT series is draining the wallet
Silver GT is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Apr 2019, 23:02 (Ref:3897802)   #112
S griffin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7,834
S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I think they may have one too many fingers in pies here
S griffin is offline  
__________________
He who dares wins!
He who hesitates is lost!
Quote
Old 16 Apr 2019, 00:32 (Ref:3897812)   #113
rich07
Veteran
 
rich07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Australia
Victoria
Posts: 8,440
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
maybe that new Benz running in the GT series is draining the wallet


I doubt that very much. If anything the wallet should be a bit fuller with that programme. There is no way Triple 8 are spending their own money on that.
rich07 is offline  
__________________
Somebody asked if the McLaren F1 was going to be like the Ferrari F40, Gordon Murray replied, "I don't think so, there's no one at McLaren who can weld that badly."
Quote
Old 16 Apr 2019, 01:41 (Ref:3897827)   #114
S griffin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7,834
S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Well it’s possible. Although they probably have extra resources there. It remains to be seen at the moment
S griffin is offline  
__________________
He who dares wins!
He who hesitates is lost!
Quote
Old 16 Apr 2019, 01:58 (Ref:3897831)   #115
Forda
Veteran
 
Forda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 767
Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
maybe that new Benz running in the GT series is draining the wallet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I doubt that very much. If anything the wallet should be a bit fuller with that programme. There is no way Triple 8 are spending their own money on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well it’s possible. Although they probably have extra resources there. It remains to be seen at the moment
Race teams generally don't have their own money though - just incoming revenue from sponsorship, to correspondingly offset expenditure.

A team competing in multiple series would need to cost/apportion/separate those revenues and costs into the appropriate buckets per program.
Sponsors would probably want to see where funds have been allocated to, too - the more dollars involved, the greater the accountability.

This still doesn't add any further to what GTR was mentioning earlier.
That is, something else must be going on, or has occurred previously, or is going to occur in the future.
Forda is online now  
Quote
Old 16 Apr 2019, 03:56 (Ref:3897851)   #116
Silver GT
Racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 222
Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Race teams generally don't have their own money though - just incoming revenue from sponsorship, to correspondingly offset expenditure.

A team competing in multiple series would need to cost/apportion/separate those revenues and costs into the appropriate buckets per program.
Sponsors would probably want to see where funds have been allocated to, too - the more dollars involved, the greater the accountability.

This still doesn't add any further to what GTR was mentioning earlier.
That is, something else must be going on, or has occurred previously, or is going to occur in the future.
maybe thy are running spares out due to a change of Marque next year
Silver GT is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Apr 2019, 04:37 (Ref:3897854)   #117
Axeman444
Veteran
 
Axeman444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Posts: 4,066
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well it’s possible. Although they probably have extra resources there. It remains to be seen at the moment
I'm sure a particular one of their drivers will be stumping up a lot of, if not all, the money required to go racing
Axeman444 is offline  
__________________
In the words of the Great Forrest Gump: I'm not a smart man, but at least I know where the Dog on the Tuckerbox is
Quote
Old 16 Apr 2019, 21:46 (Ref:3898112)   #118
Suze
Veteran
 
Suze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
England
Aylesbury
Posts: 5,305
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can’t comment on the TV coverage, but Saturday at Phillip Island was a good way of spending a day’s holiday! As a “motorsport tourist” it was worth going, We watched from the inside of T1 (as well as wandering around) as a great view and a big screen. Very different to the UK, hearing it talked about on the radio. Less people than I expected and no queues getting in / out; and another circuit ticked off the list!
Suze is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Apr 2019, 22:44 (Ref:3898123)   #119
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran
 
Tourer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Australia
Sideways
Posts: 2,893
Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
I can’t comment on the TV coverage, but Saturday at Phillip Island was a good way of spending a day’s holiday! As a “motorsport tourist” it was worth going, We watched from the inside of T1 (as well as wandering around) as a great view and a big screen. Very different to the UK, hearing it talked about on the radio. Less people than I expected and no queues getting in / out; and another circuit ticked off the list!
The Island is a great spot (as long as it's not one of those hypothermia-inducing days) and probably more in keeping with circuits you'd be used to from Europe in many ways.

Glad you enjoyed it - hope you get a chance to check out Bathurst (there's a race meeting there over Easter).
Tourer is offline  
__________________
“We’re far from having too much horsepower…[m]y definition of too much horsepower is when all four wheels are spinning in every gear.” ― Mark Donohue
Quote
Old 18 Apr 2019, 23:12 (Ref:3898461)   #120
S griffin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7,834
S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Indeed, one of the best spectator circuits and different from most Aussie venues. Well worth a visit
S griffin is offline  
__________________
He who dares wins!
He who hesitates is lost!
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[VASC18R09R10] WD40 Phillip Island 500, 20-22 April 2018 GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 93 26 Apr 2018 10:22
[VASC17R5R6] WD40 SuperSprint, Phillip Island: 21-23 Apr GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 248 1 May 2017 22:09
[VASC16R6R7] WD40 Phillip Island SuperSprint - 15-17Apr GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 32 17 Apr 2016 13:49
[iV8SC15R31R32R33] WD40 Phillip Island SuperSprint: 20-22Nov GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 145 24 Nov 2015 23:17
[V8SC09R21&22] The Island 300, Phillip Island Go Harder. Australasian Touring Cars. 303 13 Nov 2009 04:59


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 22:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.