Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Apr 2015, 13:48 (Ref:3524079)   #51
Wardy.
Racer

United Kingdom
Wardy. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats more like it!!!
Old 5 Apr 2015, 13:54 (Ref:3524080)   #52
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lovely finish
Old 5 Apr 2015, 14:01 (Ref:3524082)   #53
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, 2 races into the season and we've had 6 drivers in the podium! Long may it continue!!!
Old 5 Apr 2015, 14:05 (Ref:3524083)   #54
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me, or did Mr Austin do a bit of a sneaky there?
Old 5 Apr 2015, 14:11 (Ref:3524085)   #55
Wardy.
Racer

United Kingdom
I wonder if Plato will use the super soft tyres for the final race?

Lets say he goes from last to 10th to last again, will that result in zero ballast for Donington?
Old 5 Apr 2015, 14:40 (Ref:3524089)   #56
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardy. View Post
I wonder if Plato will use the super soft tyres for the final race?

Lets say he goes from last to 10th to last again, will that result in zero ballast for Donington?
Yes - Plato has to use the soft tyre in the last race.

The ballast for Donington depends on his position in the championship, but if he does come last then he will be outside the top ten and on zero ballast for qualy and R1.
Old 5 Apr 2015, 14:42 (Ref:3524091)   #57
Motorsportfreak
Racer

Germany
Motorsportfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW Race 2 was fantastic
Old 5 Apr 2015, 15:05 (Ref:3524093)   #58
Wardy.
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes - Plato has to use the soft tyre in the last race.

The ballast for Donington depends on his position in the championship, but if he does come last then he will be outside the top ten and on zero ballast for qualy and R1.

Thanks for the chart, I must've miss heard the commentary, I thought they said you had to run the softs 3 times a year in race 1, 2 and 3.
Old 5 Apr 2015, 15:12 (Ref:3524094)   #59
porsche962fan
Veteran

Austin cheated on the draw
Old 5 Apr 2015, 15:38 (Ref:3524099)   #60
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Austin cheated the draw, Alan Gow redrew and #10 still came out
Old 5 Apr 2015, 15:53 (Ref:3524106)   #61
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Austin cheated the draw, Alan Gow redrew and #10 still came out
That is because they all said ten
Old 5 Apr 2015, 16:07 (Ref:3524111)   #62
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Louise Goodman must think Warren Scott has F1 aspirations, she keeps calling his team BRM!
Old 5 Apr 2015, 16:18 (Ref:3524119)   #63
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Louise Goodman must think Warren Scott has F1 aspirations, she keeps calling his team BRM!
She nearly called the VW's BMW's a few times too
Old 5 Apr 2015, 16:20 (Ref:3524120)   #64
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I were one of these drivers Id wish she would carry on past my car, whoever she interviews on the grid has very little luck usually!
Old 5 Apr 2015, 16:34 (Ref:3524126)   #65
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My pet hate of the ITV director cutting to the Mum/Dad/Wife/GF/Pet Dog in the garage seems to be alive and well in 2015, unfortunately.
Old 5 Apr 2015, 16:52 (Ref:3524131)   #66
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Another good race, three different winners and plenty of scope for more in future rounds
Old 5 Apr 2015, 16:56 (Ref:3524133)   #67
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neal leads the championship, tied with Goff! Smith one point off. Meanwhile, AJ and Plato are ballast free heading to Donington, so that could be the front row sorted!
Old 5 Apr 2015, 17:00 (Ref:3524134)   #68
porsche962fan
Veteran

don't forget about Flash
Old 5 Apr 2015, 18:37 (Ref:3524152)   #69
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice races, they have been clean and diverse. The Clio was espectacular. Counting days to go to Donington.
Old 5 Apr 2015, 18:53 (Ref:3524155)   #70
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Nice races, they have been clean and diverse. The Clio was espectacular. Counting days to go to Donington.
Still hoping the finish to that clio race will be swapped back to Ashley Sutton. ...He wuz robbed!
Not even a snifter of a gap on the inside just a nascar style nerf in the bumper and moved aside.

Aside from that another brilliant day of racing in the btcc world. Great racing all round aside from the Porsche and overtakes of the day from sheds in race 2 and neal in race 3....clean too!

Going to be another great season....more punctures for plato too please!
Old 5 Apr 2015, 19:04 (Ref:3524159)   #71
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great racing, Collard was mega in race 1, Priaulx will have no problems with pace/racecraft this year, the Hondas are mega, Neal shows experience still counts, Goff showing he's going to be a threat this year. Also Smith showed he is not going to be overawed by his team mates and that BMR have three drivers who can win the title this year. Although I couldn't help but laugh at Plato's bad luck this weekend. Yes schadenfreude I know.

Few other things we've learned
Abbott can run close to Austin's pace in his second year
Soft tyre duration will depend on weather and/or ballast
Ballast will have more of an effect, but drivers can still cope as we saw in race 2.

So great racing throughout the day, but can we please stop these constant shots to the garage. The fact we missed nothing this time is more luck!
Old 5 Apr 2015, 20:48 (Ref:3524185)   #72
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardy. View Post
Thanks for the chart, I must've miss heard the commentary, I thought they said you had to run the softs 3 times a year in race 1, 2 and 3.
That is correct, and the drivers submit their choices for each meeting before the first race. As Plato had chosen to use softs in R3, he only has to use them in two other R3's.

I think a lot of thought may have to go into tyre choice this season given the ballast rules as well.
Old 5 Apr 2015, 21:04 (Ref:3524191)   #73
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The difference in tyre performance between Mr Priaulx and Mr Neal was very dramatic. I know the track conditions had changed somewhat, but still. Anyway a great day of racing (and as it turns out, the answer to the question "Plato or Turkington?" turns out to be "Aron Smith" ).
Old 5 Apr 2015, 21:17 (Ref:3524194)   #74
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
The difference in tyre performance between Mr Priaulx and Mr Neal was very dramatic. I know the track conditions had changed somewhat, but still. Anyway a great day of racing (and as it turns out, the answer to the question "Plato or Turkington?" turns out to be "Aron Smith" ).
It did seem to be quite a bit different, but there are a lot of factors to consider. FWD/RWD, temp, chassis, and possibly Neal's experience with managing the tyre previously. I suspect Priaulx may have overworked his softs early trying to get heat in, whereas Neal had ambient plus ballast to generate heat with.
Old 6 Apr 2015, 11:01 (Ref:3524309)   #75
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big delusion Andy Jordan......I hope for a better week end at Donington, Goff instead was very quick in all the races!

Priaulx is a master, no pace for Rob Austin.......

Neal seems very comfortable with the hatchback version of the Civic (Type R).

Race 2 was a tipical Btcc race, love it