Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 May 2002, 22:27 (Ref:279826)   #1
Chris_F
Rookie

Chris_F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brit Hillclimb results database

Can anyone point me to a site that has a simple results database for the various UK hillclimb venues? So far, doing web-searches I've found very little info or details concerning the various FTD times for each class etc at each event. There must be a site somewhere that has this info, but Google can't seem to find if for me.

Any help much appreciated. Chris.
Old 10 May 2002, 11:36 (Ref:281792)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This type of into does seem to be missing from the web... which has always surprised me. But I'm pretty sure that I read there would be a new Brit Hillclimb site on the web sometime soon..
Old 10 May 2002, 12:00 (Ref:281815)   #3
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try http://www.top12runoff.co.uk/

That's about as good as it gets..
Old 10 May 2002, 13:35 (Ref:281909)   #4
Chris_F
Rookie

Chris_F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Dan. Pleased to know I'm not the only one who's noticed the general absence of Web Data for Hillclimbs. Apart from the bigger venues like Prescott and Gurston, there seems to be very little dedicated info at all ...

My curiousity was roused last month when I spent two weeks in Guernsey and had to navigate the Val Des Terres hillclimb route four times every day in my Fiesta hire-car. I was very curious to know what the actual fastest hillclimb time was for this hill, so I logged on to the web and searched. Google and Yahoo and Lycos between them all failed to locate anything at all about actual Val Des Terres climb times.

But so much for the Web. I see that a round of the Brit Hillclimb championship will be held next month in Guernsey. So (back to the stone-age! ), I'll just have to buy a copy of Autosport that week and find out what the best times are. Really, in year 2002, the Hillclimb scene really should have a much, much higher Online profile.
Old 20 Jun 2002, 02:56 (Ref:317302)   #5
svann
Rookie

svann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris and Dan,
I run a Caldwell D9 formula ford in hillclimbs in the eastern USA. The most active group is the Pennslyvania Hillclimb Association. Their web site is www.bmr-scca.org
I pick up a copy of Race Tech magazine sometimes and am amazed at the hillclimb specific cars in there. We generally run regular road race cars and modified street cars. Are there any video or DVD of the British hillclimbs available.
We are having trouble growing this segment of the sport over here. They use to be a part of the national road race championships until the 1970s, and more popular. I enjoy them more than wheel to wheel and autocross.
Stan Vann
Old 24 Jun 2002, 16:46 (Ref:320507)   #6
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
THR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
www.tobymoody.co.uk
send him an email and youll get a report on each national round

www.aswmc.org.uk has some results... but nic needs to update it a bit!

but by far the best site for hillclimb links is..
http://home.t-online.de/home/thomasbubel/links.htm

my site has a little bit on it, but not so much now as we dont do it anymore http://www.teamhobbit.com
Old 24 Jun 2002, 22:16 (Ref:320797)   #7
Jim Lamb
Racer

England
Sutton Coldfield
Jim Lamb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris,
For the channel-island hillclimbs try;
Jersey - http://user.itl.net/~fleming/jmc1st.htm
Guernsey - http://www.gmccc.co.uk/

Mainland rounds try;
www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk
www.hdlcc.com (Loton Park)
http://www.bugatti.co.uk/prescotthillcl/events.html
http://www.gurstondown.org/index.htm
http://www.barc.net/harewood/index.htm

Alternatively on one of the UseNet forums "uk.rec.motorsport.misc" occasionally a chap called David Buttery does some nice write ups on Shelsley Walsh, Prescott, Loton Park etc.

Toby Moodys www.top12runoff.co.uk site covers all of the British Rounds.

Membership of the HSA (Hill Climb & Sprint Assoc') gets you Speedscene magazine with alll the results in.

If you need any more info please mail me direct [ jim@lambnet.freeserve.co.uk ] and I'll see if I can help you out.
The Rescue Units I crew are run by the guy who organises both the Midland & British Hill Climb Championships!
Regrds, Jim Lamb.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 20:22 (Ref:321517)   #8
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Some decent hillclimb links.. also check out the 'hillclimb' section of www.ukmotorsport.com, that seems pretty comprehensive.

Managed to do some real damage to the Midget at Gurston (what a venue!) on Sunday.. nasty pool of gearbox oil now sitting under the car with first gear sounding a bag of spanners.... it's going to cost!
Old 24 Aug 2004, 15:43 (Ref:1076267)   #9
Badboy5
Rookie

Badboy5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If any one is interested in the results of The British Sprint Championship www.britishsprint.org has a full analysis of every round since the Championship's inception in the early 1970's.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 18:03 (Ref:1082948)   #10
abigail
Racer

abigail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello boys. I am the faithful Bassett Hound of a very well known hillclimb racer. I go to nearly every major event, but after walking the hill I am normally locked away in the motorhome until after the event. Those naughty hillclimb marshals say he looks like Bertie Wooster. My master says the best results are posted on www.top12runoff.co.uk. They are usually updated less than 24 hours after the event. And they are written by people who really know what's going on. Mind you, my master says they are common boys from the black country with dirty fingernails and appalling table manners. But I don't care providing they keep feeding me treats. Love Abigail
Old 17 Dec 2004, 19:02 (Ref:1182057)   #11
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Pre 1995 Results

Try and get hold of a copy of Paul Sheldon's excellent tome:

A RECORD OF THE R.A.C. BRITISH HILLCLIMB CHAMPIONSHIP 1947-1994

This covers all the rounds in that period and is pretty accurate.

Unfortunately no one has taken on the task of putting all this on the INTERWEB, Pretty poor show really. I would have thought those nasty little swots from the Midlands would have got round to doing it by now but like Abigail's master I think they are a bit lazy!

PS the British Sprint Championship results on www.britishsprint.com took me mearly 18 months to get to the state they are in now

Last edited by Steve Wilkinson; 17 Dec 2004 at 19:03.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 21:06 (Ref:1182135)   #12
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.joyrainey.net has lots of photographs and DVDs of all of last years mainland rounds of the Nicholson Mclaren British Hill climb championships. I have not included race reports or timmings on the website as I didn't want to tread on www.top12runoffs toes.

Richard
Old 18 Dec 2004, 14:33 (Ref:1182586)   #13
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Oooppss!!

British Sprint Championship website is at ....

www.britishsprint.org

Not as previously stated!

Not enough alcoholic intake!