Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jun 2000, 04:33 (Ref:15770)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Hi all...well im back in conjunction with KC to try and kick start the sportscar forum so hopefully things will go well.
anyway a while back Joe fan did a head count in the Nascar forum and i thought we could do the same here just so we know how many visitors view this forum..so come on if ya pop in from time to time let us know and if ya want to post anything feel free..the more the merrier. Dont be shy
Old 6 Jun 2000, 13:24 (Ref:15818)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And a glad welcome back to you Marcus. Looking forward to chatting you all up about Sports cars.
Old 6 Jun 2000, 14:17 (Ref:15824)   #3
Fql
Rookie

Fql should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope this site catches on. There hasn't been a good online forum on sports cars since Speedvision changed the format. I'm off to work a turn at LeMans. I'm sure there will be much to discuss when I get back. With 23 hours on Speedvision there should be lots of new fans.
Old 6 Jun 2000, 19:51 (Ref:15903)   #4
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yo!
Old 7 Jun 2000, 00:26 (Ref:15955)   #5
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm here!
Here, at the back!
Old 7 Jun 2000, 00:50 (Ref:15965)   #6
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, I'm here too.

Still coming down from the Group C and Intermarque racing at Donington this weekend, and wondering why the heck I didn't budget to go to Le Mans this year.

Oh well - 2001 beckons.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 04:10 (Ref:16007)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
welcome to ten tenths fql...feel free to join in the conversation as we dont have an abundance of posters here but the ones we do have certainly are a good bunch of guys and gals...look forward to hearing your stories of Le man just wish I could be there with you...

Gerard what the heck are you doin at the back boy..come on stand up and be counted
Old 7 Jun 2000, 07:07 (Ref:16015)   #8
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello..

There's not enough about GT's, surely the best form of motor racing... How I miss Group C!!

Do Radical Prosports count... saw them at the weekend, and would advise that if anyone likes sportscars - they're a bit like mini SR2 cars and have endurance races. Proved to be excellent stuff.
Old 8 Jun 2000, 15:55 (Ref:16313)   #9
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hello, Room for a Small One?
Old 8 Jun 2000, 17:30 (Ref:16323)   #10
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[In the back jumping up and down with his hand raised] Just checking in. Let's get some life back in this forum.

Can't wait for Le Mans. I'm probably going to miss the start of the race (don't you hate it when work gets in the way of your racing?), but I will -try to- be up for the rest of the race (to change tapes in the VCR).
Old 9 Jun 2000, 01:12 (Ref:16364)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm newish to sports cars but will get thoroughly educated at Le Mans, and hope to catch a few ALMS races during the remainder of the season - one here at Mosport Park just down the road, first part of August!

Looking forward to learning more. Watch for me at Le Mans - I'm the one with the Canadian Flag!
Old 9 Jun 2000, 12:40 (Ref:16422)   #12
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have one head. Slightly damaged, only used on weekends and usually not even then

I shall be really stupid and try to stay up next weekend for the whole Le Mans 24hours. Starts at midnight, so really it will be from about 8am or earlier till after midnight sunday. Probably even longer as superbikes and also F1 are on, so assuming I record F1 I'll still have to be up till 1:30am to change tapes. For some reason I'm starting to feel really tired just talking about all that...
Old 9 Jun 2000, 15:46 (Ref:16450)   #13
Chris S
Rookie

Chris S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just Another Sports Car Fan

Hi all.

I'm not a regular poster here (mostly I just lurk), but have been involved with sports car racing since the late '80s when my husband began racing with the SCCA. (Sorry to say that before that we were very into drag racing. And Harley Davidsons!) Since then, have gotten a National T&S license, Divisional F&C license, have been Regional Exec for Nebraska Region SCCA, and am now in my second year as Divisional Exec for the Midwest Division of SCCA. Best experiences at a race track -- 1994 Heartland Park Topeka when my husband finished 5th overall at the SCCA's IT/AS Festival in his Mustang, working Graham Hill Bend at Brands during the spring 1999 BTCC race (24 days in England, visited 5 tracks, with some castles in between), and any of the last four years working corners at Mid-Ohio during the Runoffs.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 16:58 (Ref:16468)   #14
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here!

Hey Chris, I thought that I was the only one here who knew Heartland Park existed. It is fairly close to my home town in KC. I have been there many times for NASCAR and NHRA races. Next weekend, the World of Outlaws will be there. I am debating about whether I should go or wait to see them in Sedalia.

Another thing I have read is that the new Kansas Speedway has a road course design for the infield in its original plan. I hope that they follow through with it because I would love to see a road course race near my home where I could see most of the on-track action. Heartland Park is a decent venue but you can only hear the cars behind you when they are on the back portion of the track.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 17:00 (Ref:16469)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
welcome to ten tenths Chris S..always good to have another poster here especially since they are involved in the sport ..not that not being involved is bad but inside info is always good to hear...ummm welcome anyway

elephino are you saying that beside the webcast that KC has mentioned in antother post we can get coverage of Le Man here in OZ ?????
Old 10 Jun 2000, 22:01 (Ref:16634)   #16
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enter Bluebottle!!

Screeches to dramatic halt in cardboard and string Le-Mans Prototype class car- effect is totally ruined as wheels fall off.
Shuffles to back of pit garage, falling over racing suit which is ten sizes too big.

Eheueueu!!
Old 10 Jun 2000, 22:10 (Ref:16637)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watch out for that treeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Old 10 Jun 2000, 22:13 (Ref:16638)   #18
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's okay, Liz - I missed him. Any strange noises and unusual postings from the Bluebottle camp are entirely normal.

(Private joke here - Liz knows I was felling trees in Bluebottle's back yard last week).
Old 11 Jun 2000, 03:31 (Ref:16676)   #19
Fql
Rookie

Off to LeMans

I'm off to my first LeMans. It was a film of the 1952 race that go me into racing many years ago. I will be working the race at station 70 near the end of the Mulsanne straight. I have done the Sebring 12 hours for many years, but now I get to do the big one. We fly tomorrow.
CU Liz. Come look us up.
Frank
Old 11 Jun 2000, 03:49 (Ref:16684)   #20
Liz
Veteran

We have a 1:00 a.m. excursion to the Mulsanne Corner to watch the brake discs glow. I have been studying my camera book and really hope I can get some good night shots, but time will tell... I will definitely wave although trying not to distract you from your duties, Frank!

Worse luck for us in canada, the June 8th AutoSport won't reach here until I am already in England, so I hope I can pick one up at the airport when I get in. You'd think in this international age that somehow they could get magazines delivered in the same week they were issued, but not in Canada.
Old 11 Jun 2000, 03:54 (Ref:16685)   #21
Fql
Rookie

We're driver's right

We are just past the little hill that precedes the braking point. We'll be working with our Brit friends who visit us for CART at Vancouver and Portland. Have a great time on your tour.
Old 11 Jun 2000, 12:38 (Ref:16732)   #22
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
marcus, Radio Le Mans. An excellent coverage, I have listened to it for the past couple of years. And even got a mention with a question each year.

Bluebottle, you forgot 'waits for audience applause...not a sausage'.
Old 11 Jun 2000, 16:48 (Ref:16756)   #23
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still waiting for audience applause- still no sausinges......

Memory like a.. er...um... thingy!!
Old 11 Jun 2000, 18:02 (Ref:16763)   #24
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just thought i would poke my head in and, Oh my God there's people here! I have to say i envy all of you that will be at Le Mans. Liz while your there make sure you cheer on the Multimatic team, show them your flag. I myself am still working on my schedule so that i can attend the ALMS race at Mosport. Where's that lottery win when you need it.