Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 Feb 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3709081)   #25
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Nigel Roebuck's take on BE in his latest Autosport piece is good and from other things I have read by other 'commentators', I think the concensus is that BE's style and approach got F1 to where it is, but is not the future way it needs to approach business. BE thrived on making the deal, applying pressure, getting the best over everyone, it was his way of measuring himself, keeping score. This suited CVC who wanted profit over all other concerns (I believe it is one of their most profitable investments ever), BE kept squeezing until it hurt and CVC kept counting the money.

From what I have seen and read, I hope and believe that this will not be Liberty's way, I believe that continuing the business style under BE and CVC that F1 was close to collapse, too much of it is unsustainable, Mercedes are probably nearer the end of their time in F1 than the beginning, European circuits largely cannot afford F1 and the number of unaccountable regimes who can pour public money into a vanity project are falling or simply can no longer afford it.

So, will Liberty be canvassing BE's opinion and expertise? I don't think they will, I think it is a honourary title to acknowledge where BE has brought F1, but I doubt he will meaningfully be part of its future.