Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 11 Jun 2001, 18:24 (Ref:103996)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Nic Fairman: 1973 - 2001

Anyone reading the topic entitled Mallory Park in this forum will, by now, be aware of the death of a talented young driver, last weekend, at the Leicestershire circuit. He was 27 and competing in his first season in his new Caterham.

It was with great sadness that I learned of the loss of Nicholas Mark Fairman, a family friend. A nicer family it would have been hard to find, and they were certainly true motorsport fans too.

Nic's funeral took place today, in Leatherhead, Surrey. My thoughts at this time are with his mother and father and his brother, Simon, who was also sadly involved in the same incident.

I am sure that they are not looking to place blame anywhere but, if any lessons can be learned from this tragedy, the authorities owe it to them, and the people who knew Nic, to ensure that things are rectified. Regardless of cost.

RIP Nic.

Old 12 Jun 2001, 00:39 (Ref:104172)   #2
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This sport is no gladiatorial bloodfest, but on occasion the pain of death bites hard. Those we know and with whom we have shared moments of life become very special to us on those occasions, for there is always a memory, a word unsaid, an irony or a connection that is severed.

I'm sure, Craig, that many here are sharing your pain at the moment.
Old 12 Jun 2001, 02:00 (Ref:104198)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
very sad news indeed.

It is always upseting when someone dies in motorsport but it is even more difficult when it is someone that you know.

My thoughts are with you Craig and Nic's family in this tradgic time and I hope you can take solace in the fact that he died doing something he loved.

RIP Nic Fairman
Old 12 Jun 2001, 20:38 (Ref:104500)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig,

Please forward my sympathies to the Fairman family.

A tragic outcome to a racing season.