Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Aug 2012, 07:01 (Ref:3115076)   #2401
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
One is a Sports Sedan and the other is a GT... I really can't see the big difference. Both look like two door sports cars to me. I guess most casual fans also just see them as really cool sports cars that they want to drive, either for real or in the GT5 game.
dtm cars have a lot of common components making the cars lok very similar. in sgt you can do pretty much whatever you want with the aero.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3115088)   #2402
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
dtm cars have a lot of common components making the cars lok very similar. in sgt you can do pretty much whatever you want with the aero.
That just appears to be the difference in terms of DTM/Super GT's tech regulations to me, rather than the general and meaningful difference between a Sports Sedan and a GT.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 07:49 (Ref:3115094)   #2403
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The problem is that it's unattractive for Ferrari, Aston Martin, Corvette and Porsche to be beaten by Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Nissan and Honda in Coupe/Sedan cars.
Remember to the normal viewer, the Silhouette cars do look like their road counter parts!

There has been no rumor of allowing GT300 into the GTE class. There has been a rumor about letting GT300 to run in the AsianLMS as a class itself.
Also a rumor about a wish of running the winning GT500 car in the 56th garage. Those are the rumors, all other has been speculation derived from the two original ones.

And nothing wrong with stating our opinion, never has, and still hasn't. But i'm allowed to comment on you opinion too
The rumor was to let GT300 cars run with GTE in AsLMS. Ferrai and Porsche have been beaten by Camaro's in Grand Am. They've been beaten by M3's at LeMans. By Corvettes, and Ford GT's and by plenty of other cars that are 'lesser' in your view. That's not stopping them from selling their cars. Ferrai aren't a factory team in LeMans (officially). Neither are Porsche. Only Corvette and Aston Martin.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 09:26 (Ref:3115128)   #2404
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The rumor was to let GT300 cars run with GTE in AsLMS. Ferrai and Porsche have been beaten by Camaro's in Grand Am. They've been beaten by M3's at LeMans. By Corvettes, and Ford GT's and by plenty of other cars that are 'lesser' in your view. That's not stopping them from selling their cars. Ferrai aren't a factory team in LeMans (officially). Neither are Porsche. Only Corvette and Aston Martin.
No. The rumor was simply let them race, but not in the same class!
http://http://www.racecar-engineerin...-mans-in-2013/
This is where the rumor originates, and in the bottom of the article, it states:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecar-Engineering View Post
Further to those discussions Bandoh also started negotiations to allow the slower GT300 cars to take part in the forthcoming Asian Le Mans series, boosting the grids for that championship. It is thought that this is more likely as works entries from Subaru, Toyota & Honda GT300 is likely to be an attractive prospect.
Also, the Corvette and Ford GT is definiatly the same class as the 458 and 911. The Camero is a bit different, as its hard to place in a catagory.
And as there was said earlier, not a lot people where happy about how the M3 was made competitive. So that actually just prove my point.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3115172)   #2405
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bad translation, but i think the point is clear about 1 of the rumors.
http://www.translate.google.dk/trans...2F&sl=fr&tl=en
Apparently there is no intention to get a GT500 at Le Mans.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3115232)   #2406
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
DTM isn't running sedans this year... there were CLKs and M3s at LM before, so the precedent for these cars is already set.
Surely you don't equate a C-klasse coupe to CLK-GTR homologation-special hypercar?
Old 2 Aug 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3115239)   #2407
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
The NASCAR cars are gross, with no technology.
The GT500 and DTM cars are high technology. These are F1 with roof.
Le Mans is about high technology, these cars fit right.
They try to send a stock car before in Le Mans before... and then it's gone!

Still, if ACO didn't allow GT300 cars compete in the GTE class at AsLMS, would it be best if they create a GTC class, composing of GT300 cars and de-tuned GT3 machines?
Old 2 Aug 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3115240)   #2408
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, he just did that
Old 2 Aug 2012, 13:07 (Ref:3115246)   #2409
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Surely you don't equate a C-klasse coupe to CLK-GTR homologation-special hypercar?
Ah, it's somewhere in between, I'd say. At least as far removed from the road going C-Coupe as from the GTR.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 13:21 (Ref:3115252)   #2410
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
They try to send a stock car before in Le Mans before... and then it's gone!

Still, if ACO didn't allow GT300 cars compete in the GTE class at AsLMS, would it be best if they create a GTC class, composing of GT300 cars and de-tuned GT3 machines?
As i wrote above.
It has not been suggested to run GT300 cars in the GTE class.
It has been suggested to run GT300 cars in the AsLMS races, as a class by it self.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3115383)   #2411
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
You wrote wrong. Japanese Samurai linked to the article in this post http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=835 about GTA trying to get GT300's into GTE. Thats where the rumor I was talking about came from.
Old 3 Aug 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3115534)   #2412
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Bad translation, but i think the point is clear about 1 of the rumors.
http://www.translate.google.dk/trans...2F&sl=fr&tl=en
Apparently there is no intention to get a GT500 at Le Mans.
You did not direct link, so: http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...nce-12302.html

Quote:
Several media have announced that GTA, developer of SUPER GT, had sought through its President, Masaaki Bandoh, CAO for the 56 th stand of 24 Hours of Le Mans car is assigned to the GT500 class champion.
Information taken at source in Japan, this ad is inaccurate. Masaaki Bandoh, motor sport fan and love the 24 Hours of Le Mans, has simply expressed a personal desire to Sugo at the traditional press conference pre-race meetings of the SUPER GT, but said that due to the regulation of the ACO, it was not relevant.
Old 3 Aug 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3115535)   #2413
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
How come we get stuck watching people twist ankles, and watching O'Connell bore us to death with Corvettes. How hard is it to ask Doug Fehan on television what he thinks about the class? Addition of SGT? I'm sure Doug Fehan is well aware of Super GT and DTM.
And you think he or any other person would really say things honestly? Tv interview is not the ACO/IMSA discussion table.
Old 3 Aug 2012, 16:29 (Ref:3115689)   #2414
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
OAK's plans for the rest of the WEC partly confirmed: http://www.oak-racing.com/news/oak-r...80%99endurance

Two cars, both with Nissan engines, in LMP2. Car 24 keeps the same squad, car 35 gets Baguette and Kraihamer from the withdrawn P1 car, joined by DHH for Silverstone at least. Team plans to bring the P1 car back out to race in the Asian rounds (presumably, judging by the tone and the opening of the article, with a brand new engine).
Old 3 Aug 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3115786)   #2415
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
OAK's plans for the rest of the WEC partly confirmed: http://www.oak-racing.com/news/oak-r...80%99endurance

Two cars, both with Nissan engines, in LMP2. Car 24 keeps the same squad, car 35 gets Baguette and Kraihamer from the withdrawn P1 car, joined by DHH for Silverstone at least. Team plans to bring the P1 car back out to race in the Asian rounds (presumably, judging by the tone and the opening of the article, with a brand new engine).
Encouraged by this.

What chance, on the back of this, of seeing an additional Morgan at PLM?
Old 3 Aug 2012, 23:13 (Ref:3115801)   #2416
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm guessing we might see one extra with some potential interest shown. If any future or current team shows some interest or willingness to pony up some cash to test it out, or they think there might be some shoppers at/on the track there's a good chance at least one chassis will be there. With a potential new engine package some on track time just for their own testing could be in line too. Since I've already ordered my ticket I'm being positive and think they'll be there too.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3116439)   #2417
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I´m not sure about any alternate option to the Judd engine on LMP1 for OAK racing and that´s very sad.

HPD has one LMP1 engine but they didn´t sold any out of the package chassis+engine, the same for the Toyota, Rebellion has the exclusivity for that engine and I´m not sure if Toyota is interested on construct more client engines.

...and the other options.... The Zytek engine comes from the dinossaurs age and the AER never was competitive (neither in Mazda rebrand). Judd loosed the way of the success long time ago....

Houston, we have a problem. There was that nissan rumour but it isn´t solid
Old 5 Aug 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3116441)   #2418
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
HPD has one LMP1 engine but they didn´t sold any out of the package chassis+engine, the same for the Toyota, Rebellion has the exclusivity for that engine and I´m not sure if Toyota is interested on construct more client engines.
The HPD engine did run in a LMP2 Lola run by RML.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3116459)   #2419
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The HPD engine did run in a LMP2 Lola run by RML.
Yes, but none of their LMP1 engines was sold to another but Wirth chassis. And the result for RML was extremelly poor
Old 5 Aug 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3116462)   #2420
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
Yes, but none of their LMP1 engines was sold to another but Wirth chassis. And the result for RML was extremelly poor
True.
But i think the HPD engine is avalible for other chassis, since Henry is able to talk about the cost of the engine.
However a high price is also a way of making your engine unavalible .
Old 6 Aug 2012, 04:31 (Ref:3116513)   #2421
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The LMP1 class for privateers has totally collapsed in terms of options for the privateers of the world due to constant changes in the ACO's rules. For the past 3 or 4 years we have seen a constant decline in the class worldwide. Now privateers are really only left with the option of running a Wirth HPD. The only privateer engine options are the Judd, which has been struggling badly lately, and the AER Mazda which is out after this year. The Lola bankruptcy has really limited the chassis options as well with perhaps an OAK P1 being the only privateer option, apart from the HPD. I cannot ever remember a situation this poor for the top class in the sport. It will be interesting to see which direction Dyson and the other privateers head in for their 2013 campaign if they want to remain in P1. I think we are coming to a point where the ACO needs to cut the pro/am driver lineups out of P2 so the best privateers can move into the class and P1 will be left to purely factory efforts.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 05:30 (Ref:3116523)   #2422
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I think its a sad effort from Judd .

Considering how long they have been in sportscar racing , with great engines and many customers , and the wedge they obviously have made , they havent got an engine thats any good ..... its not even TFSI !!!
Old 6 Aug 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3116584)   #2423
pedrocor
Rookie

Portugal
Braga, Portugal
pedrocor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Honda hadn't close th door to sold engine only to Oak.

It's the only competitive solution. Unless they could persuade Porsche to lease them some old RS Spyder engines just joking...

But indeed it's the only solution, Toyota totally impossible, Zytek or Mazda wouldn't be better then Judd, the other way around and no one will start a LMP1 engine program when it will become obsolete by the end of 2013...
Old 6 Aug 2012, 10:50 (Ref:3116585)   #2424
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocor View Post
But indeed it's the only solution, Toyota totally impossible, Zytek or Mazda wouldn't be better then Judd, the other way around and no one will start a LMP1 engine program when it will become obsolete by the end of 2013...
It doesn't have too.
2014 will accept the 2013 engines, as long as they are efficient enough. And who knows, the current engines might have a good size for meeting those requirements.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3116731)   #2425
pedrocor
Rookie

Portugal
Braga, Portugal
pedrocor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It doesn't have too.
2014 will accept the 2013 engines, as long as they are efficient enough. And who knows, the current engines might have a good size for meeting those requirements.
They will be legal, but I don't think they will be the best fitted for the job.

There aren't a lot of turbocharged engines right now, because they are heavily penalized in restrictor size. In a perspective of fuel efficiency, with no air intake restrictors, don't think they will be the best option.

Much bigger engine or small turbocharged engine.

But just an opinion for sure. Future could tell I'm very very wrong