Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 25 Jun 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3746801)   #1
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans

Hi,

I can not find a specific thread on having a good LM24 Simulation.
So i am starting one.
If there is something like this already, please excuse me (and provide a link ).

so how do you do sim Le Mans on PC or a console?

I use GTR2 with Saturaz WEC mod on PC, which allows to have complete 2014 season.
This mod also includes previous years.
First I made Le Mans 2011 in a BMW M3 and have won.
It was on older computer which allowed me to use only 20 cars.
Then I tried Toyota TS040... on better machine with Yetisaj La Sarthe 2012 v 1.3 - best LM for GTR2 IMHO.
I succeded in third time
BTW Toyota had "broken" sound in higher gears and I fixed it, if someone is interested let me know.

Now I will maybe try to do it in GT in 2014.

Sadly, it looks like there is nothing better than this mod.
I try to look at different newer games, I thought Asseto Corsa is the way but the track which I found looks pretty inacurate and most importantly in this game there is no rain and no night/day change...

So, what is your experience with LM24 on PC/Console and what do you recommend?
Old 26 Jun 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3746930)   #2
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately there isn't really that many good versions of it.

Project CARS probably has the best version at the moment but it's still not as accurate as it should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfTDRBktgPk

If you're willing to spend a lot of money, then iRacings will be the best by miles as it's laser scanned. iRacing often isn't the prettiest and doesn't take advantage of the latest technology, but the track is perfectly accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqtSsAMCQbk
Old 26 Jun 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3746934)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On the rare occasions these days that I drive a sim I use Project Cars and I rarely drive anything other than Le Mans. I think it's quite good. But it would be good to have something better....
Old 27 Jun 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3747234)   #4
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, thank you for recoomendations.

I thought this thread could be in general about Le Mans simulation.

So what are your experiences, settings and so on ?

For example in GTR2 the problem is multiclass racing, i.e. the lapping. I have to set the other cars in LMP1 so that they are going 1-2 seconds faster than me, because they have massive problems with traffic, and I am only able to match them because of the traffic.
There is hardly real racing. Luckilly in real 24 hours race, there is no actual racing/overtaking either.

Other games lately like Project Cars are very strange to me, because in stock version you don't really have complete championships afaik, so you don't have all cars from F1 season or any other series, am I right?

So if you play Le Mans with Project Cars how much real cars do you have and what geeral feeling of the race?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 11:45 (Ref:3747259)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know that it is a few years old now and the cars are a 5 or 6 years out of date, but Endurance Series for rFactor is worth a look. I now that they in the process of make the same mod for rFactor2.
Old 9 Oct 2018, 21:24 (Ref:3855767)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans on Project Cars 2 is rather good - with the expansion pack you can drive some amazing old cars on the 1970 circuit too......
Old 17 Oct 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3857275)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would try a version on Assetto Corsa if I were you.

PCARS 2 is a console game really, attempting to be something else, it got hideous reviews form most sim players, looks pretty, which might appease some.

But depends what platform you are using, for consoles, go ahead and try this WMD rubbish, but you might even get better results on other games or older titles.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3857337)   #8
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There aren't any officially produced Le Mans tracks or LMPs in AC , although there are a few really good LM GTE cars.

The LMP cars in PC2 are some of the better modeled cars. I would agree that PC2 has been let down by having too many poorly modeled cars, but I find the LMPs reasonably convincing if driven on the higher speed tracks.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3857339)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it depends very much on what format you are playing the game.

on PC it is awful as was the first game

ON console, with a wheel perhaps a lot better, simple as that really.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3857352)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I confess I don't find it awful at all on my pc, but I've only bought it and am using it purely for fun. If I want a real challenge, you know what I'll go back to......
Old 2 Nov 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3860543)   #11
XtC24
Racer

Is it possible to have all the actual cars (or a grid of say 35-40) of 2014, 2015 or 2016 in PC 2?
I mean I know there is now a fine DLC with R18. 919, TS050, but how much of the GTEs and LM2s are there?

How good is the hybrid implementaion in LMP1 H?

I think rain and the night is quite good in Project Cars.

I watcvhed some videos from I Racing, the track is ok, but the cars seem to be look like going very, very slowly, this is my visual impression at least.

Maybe Assetto Corsa Competizione will have some mods, but doubt it.

And if/when there is GTR3, it could be good.
It was even announced to have WEC license, but it is now far from confirmed and being ready.
Old 2 Nov 2018, 16:13 (Ref:3860591)   #12
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC24 View Post
Is it possible to have all the actual cars (or a grid of say 35-40) of 2014, 2015 or 2016 in PC 2?
I mean I know there is now a fine DLC with R18. 919, TS050, but how much of the GTEs and LM2s are there?

How good is the hybrid implementaion in LMP1 H?

I think rain and the night is quite good in Project Cars.

I watcvhed some videos from I Racing, the track is ok, but the cars seem to be look like going very, very slowly, this is my visual impression at least.

Maybe Assetto Corsa Competizione will have some mods, but doubt it.

And if/when there is GTR3, it could be good.
It was even announced to have WEC license, but it is now far from confirmed and being ready.
Maximum grid size is 32.

The Le Mans DLC adds the 2016 919/TS050/R18 (as well as a pretty stunning recreation of the 1970 circuit and cars to go with it). The '16 P1's are in their own class so you can run those without getting the other, older P1's as well.

GTE/GTLM is pretty well covered - '15 Aston & Corvette, '16 BMW M6, Ford GT & 488. The Porsche DLC also adds the '17 911 RSR*.

LMP2 is the worst represented - just the '16 Ligier in terms of recent real cars, albeit with Nissan/Honda/Judd power options. There are also two fictional P2's carried over from the first game (not bad for fictional cars though) and a '13 Oreca.

Hybrid on the 2016 P1's is manual, which I prefer to the system on the older hybrids where it just kicked at 90% plus throttle. There's no implementation of the semi-automated systems the cars were using.

*The RSR is based on the original 2017 car, not the one with the new exhaust that raced at LM. So it doesn't have the ultra loud exhaust note.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 22:23 (Ref:3860791)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The 1970 circuit is terrific fun......