Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jan 2019, 23:33 (Ref:3877822)   #751
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I wonder... if we could find someone who would pay us $1 for every news story/click bait in the offseason proclaiming how orgasmically wonderful the new Honda engine is, or how much better Dr Marko believes Mr Verstappen is than Mr Ricciardo

I think it could probably fund a full house F1 team...

That said, Melbourne will stop the rhetoric and rubbish, and we can see how much better the Benz is than the field this year
I don't know F1 teams were that cheap to fund! You might make tens of dollars or less? I did a quick search (on the Honda topic) and I found barely any mention of that topic let alone it being hyped "orgasmically".

For example I see a news items from the 18th in which Honda is shooting for the "third best" F1 engine. They are shooting for the stars as they are hoping to beat Renault! With other stories showing up about once a week or so. And those stories being quite... reasonable and rational. Maybe my version of orgasmic is off? Am I doing it wrong?

Regarding RBR drivers... I pretty much have Marko on my mental ignore list, so I don't think my brain even registers anything he says at this point as it is all self serving PR speak. I am surprised your post above cut through the mental barriers as is. Even then, while he shows up on occasion, I doubt he figures largely in motorsports headlines even off-season when there is little to talk about. I can imagine the frustration with him. Learn to ignore him as I do.

I just looked at what Autosport lists in it's current F1 news (which goes back about a week). I don't read the stories (who has time, not to mention the paywall), but based just upon headlines I see mention of the following drivers...

Ricciardo (via Renault not RBR)
Magnussen
Schumacher (Mick)
Zhou (Renault)
Ocon
Vettel (commentary about Mick Schumacher)
Russell
Norris
Verstappen (I had to read this one. It's an account of his iRacing exploits with glowing quotes by a "friend" of his... Slow news day... clicks were needed by the Dutch fans. )
Gasly
Ricciardo (again.. via Renault not RBR)
Kubica
Perez
Vettel (related to Leclerc)
Leclerc (related to Vettel)
Sainz

That seems pretty OK to me even with the one Verstappen article. But maybe someone else is shoveling massive levels of clickbait? If so, pick a new news source.

Richard
Old 23 Jan 2019, 00:10 (Ref:3877825)   #752
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I don't know F1 teams were that cheap to fund! You might make tens of dollars or less? I did a quick search (on the Honda topic) and I found barely any mention of that topic let alone it being hyped "orgasmically".

For example I see a news items from the 18th in which Honda is shooting for the "third best" F1 engine. They are shooting for the stars as they are hoping to beat Renault! With other stories showing up about once a week or so. And those stories being quite... reasonable and rational. Maybe my version of orgasmic is off? Am I doing it wrong?

Regarding RBR drivers... I pretty much have Marko on my mental ignore list, so I don't think my brain even registers anything he says at this point as it is all self serving PR speak. I am surprised your post above cut through the mental barriers as is. Even then, while he shows up on occasion, I doubt he figures largely in motorsports headlines even off-season when there is little to talk about. I can imagine the frustration with him. Learn to ignore him as I do.

I just looked at what Autosport lists in it's current F1 news (which goes back about a week). I don't read the stories (who has time, not to mention the paywall), but based just upon headlines I see mention of the following drivers...

Ricciardo (via Renault not RBR)
Magnussen
Schumacher (Mick)
Zhou (Renault)
Ocon
Vettel (commentary about Mick Schumacher)
Russell
Norris
Verstappen (I had to read this one. It's an account of his iRacing exploits with glowing quotes by a "friend" of his... Slow news day... clicks were needed by the Dutch fans. )
Gasly
Ricciardo (again.. via Renault not RBR)
Kubica
Perez
Vettel (related to Leclerc)
Leclerc (related to Vettel)
Sainz

That seems pretty OK to me even with the one Verstappen article. But maybe someone else is shoveling massive levels of clickbait? If so, pick a new news source.

Richard
There are more websites talking F1 than Autosport of course..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Jan 2019, 02:43 (Ref:3877832)   #753
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There are more websites talking F1 than Autosport of course..
Sadly most of them also now part of the Zak Brown owned Motorsport Network company, just rehashing Autosport material (albeit some without a limit on reads if not behind a paywall)
Old 23 Jan 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3877861)   #754
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well only two months away. Gee, it's easy to forget how long the off season is
Old 23 Jan 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3877878)   #755
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well only two months away. Gee, it's easy to forget how long the off season is
I think it is now 50 days to P1. And counting down.