Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Jun 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1638236)   #1
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Qld 300 dropped from Biante Historic Touring Car Series

Unfortunately, the organisers of the Biante Series have had to withdraw from the support card at the V8SC Qld 300 due to the extraordinarily high price charged by the QR administration.

If the series organisers had manged to attract 30 entries, something they've never failed to do anywhere else, the entry fee per competitor would have been over $900! This is more than double what Biante Historioc Touring Car competitors pay to race on such iconic tracks as Sandown, Phillip Island and Eastern Creek et al. It is also substantially more than what is charged to compete at Bathurst!

Not surprisingly, when these exhorbitant fees were announced, the 30 odd intertested parties quickly dropped in number to a dozen at best. This would have forced the entry fee well beyond $2,000. Therefore, the series organisers had no choice but to back out of the event.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 08:21 (Ref:1638246)   #2
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pick pockets ?

What are you saying here David, a goudge by the QR promoters ? Offset?

Time you blokes struck out with say Saloon cars & Aussie Race Cars - what sort of entertainment would we have ???
Old 21 Jun 2006, 08:37 (Ref:1638260)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The owner of QR has stated that it is enormously expensive to host a V8SC meeting and as an astute businessman, he has no choice but to pass on the costs. He also described the fee as representing good value for money.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 08:51 (Ref:1638267)   #4
Aquarius
Racer

Aquarius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is a goddam shame, but I heard that owners didn't want the V8's as they cost too much, and unfortunately has had to pass on the cost - income versus expenditure - that is the game, and this is what V8 Supercar greed has done to our sport.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 09:00 (Ref:1638278)   #5
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thats garabage Aquarius

without v8 supercars or its equivelant, there wouldnt even be a QLD raceway.

if you think the owners of QLD race wont make mores than 28k profit (cost of the historics) for the weekend, then there needs to be a new owner/ manager/promoter.

Dont make me do the maths for you again. they will walk away with a motza, from the round , even on non V8SA attendance figures
Old 21 Jun 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1638299)   #6
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
thats garabage Aquarius

Well that's not right for a start. QR is booked out most days of the year and the owner has previously stated that he does not care if the V8's are there or not. VE$A need QR more than vice versa.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 09:56 (Ref:1638312)   #7
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
so lets watch a grid of 6 hastily assembled F4000's?
Old 21 Jun 2006, 10:09 (Ref:1638318)   #8
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsport
so lets watch a grid of 6 hastily assembled F4000's?
If it was me i think i could come up with something better than a F4000 race. I like the F4000's as a category but in the category's current state i wouldn't be bothered going to see them. I would have bent over backwards to get the Biante series to attend as they are probably in the top 5 most popular categories.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 10:21 (Ref:1638324)   #9
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My point is sort of cryptic. Where, in Australia, is the line drawn between a category that pays to compete on the same card as the "biggies" and one that gets paid to. Isn't there only one?
Has Australian motorsport become singularly elitist?
YES!
Old 21 Jun 2006, 10:28 (Ref:1638329)   #10
XW GT
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
XW GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
The owner of QR has stated that it is enormously expensive to host a V8SC meeting and as an astute businessman, he has no choice but to pass on the costs. He also described the fee as representing good value for money.
Hi David,
In my opinion, this is the way that "quality" support categories are going. Fair enough the promoter has to try to make a profit, but slugging the supports is surely fatal. It must also be considered that the V8 Supercar program is time specific, which means that any hiccups and the supports get shafted ie shortened and/or cancelled races.
I would also suggest that Mr Tetley be careful because when the V8s go to another venue in Queensland he may be looking for quality categories to run at his track.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1638340)   #11
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a bit sad really, the historics are a fantastic category and their support at major rounds IMO is a boost to any race meeting, but $900 entry
Old 21 Jun 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1638380)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Well that's not right for a start. QR is booked out most days of the year and the owner has previously stated that he does not care if the V8's are there or not. VE$A need QR more than vice versa.
thats not what i said pete, i said without v8 supercars there would not be A QR, in other words, there would have been no need to build it in the first place.

If the manager cannot make money from a v8 race, he is not going to make money from bookings. I reckon he just didnt want the historics there, solution make them pay. more money in his pocket
Old 21 Jun 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1638412)   #13
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So somehow you think that by having LESS entries and LESS entry fees being paid in, he makes MORE money? You've lost me there......
Old 21 Jun 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1638624)   #14
gorrilla2
Rookie

gorrilla2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the V8 supercars don't want to come to willowbank. So what. Let em play second fiddle to their Indy Racing pals At Surfers. i Believe Lake Side and Willow Bank are the only The only Cams "Confederation of Australian Motor Sport"Aproved Tracks. in Qld. Wliowbank (Ipswich) will get by with Major Drag racing andf MC Events including A round of the Superbike Championships. as wel as Qld Mc racing Championships. I think you will find it's more about Politics Than Freight rates. They all have their own Pantechs.that they drive to the course. V8 supercars is a Buisness these days, A spectical Not a sport. And i think that the Administration realy believe their own publicity
Old 21 Jun 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1638633)   #15
Aquarius
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
thats garabage Aquarius

if you think the owners of QLD race wont make mores than 28k profit (cost of the historics) for the weekend, then there needs to be a new owner/ manager/promoter.

Dont make me do the maths for you again. they will walk away with a motza, from the round , even on non V8SA attendance figures
Sorry Peck, you are completely wrong on this one, as pete says the facility is booked out all the time, Tetley didn't want them there, but when VESA got on bended knees he gave in.

Unfortunately he has had to pass on the cost of the "circus" to other competitors and no doubt, the spectators as well. As I prevsiously said this is what V8 Supercars has done to our sport.

I reckon it is a goddam shame the Historics aren't going to be there as they offer better "racing" than the v8's.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1638636)   #16
Aquarius
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorrilla2
If the V8 supercars don't want to come to willowbank.
That is NOT what was said, what was said was that the owner doesn't particularly want the V8's there, not the other way around.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1638675)   #17
gorrilla2
Rookie

Willowbank Queensland Raceway originally A Drag racing Track( Con't)

Lakeside and Surfers Paradise Raceway Were both Venues that hosted these races in Queensland Now Surfers is gone. and Lakeside is a Logistical Nightmare. If they want to come to Qld They must go to Willowbank. or they Can be a Warm up for the Indy Racing Event at Surfers if they want to. With the Utes and the Porsches,The "Celebrity Racers" and The Dude On his trick motorbike As far as Russel Ingal not Coming . He'll have to find someone else to crash into that weekend i suppose. The Truth is Uncle Tony ain't Getting enough of a Cut. Thats what this is about. If he had his way , We would Have an "Austrailan" V8 Supercar Championship competition. at Eastern Creek, and Philipisland, IE Sydney and Melbourne with Bathurst as the decider.What did it cost to go to Shanghi? Did They they break even at Wellington? Who'se bright idea were those events any way. I noticed they were racing "Pontiacs" in China, That about says it all .looks like i'll be watcihing the whole series on Tele (Again)
Old 21 Jun 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1638690)   #18
gorrilla2
Rookie

If the promoter doesn't want then . Thats about it
Old 21 Jun 2006, 23:46 (Ref:1638731)   #19
johnny yuma
Veteran

johnny yuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aquarius is fully right.It's time the rest of Australian Motorsport united against the V8 Superdinosaur juggernaut.The sport was better before they came and will be better when they're gone.The only reason V8SCA exists is all the hard work over earlier decades by better people.
By the way David Patterson,at least one Bathurst 1000 Historic support race
competitor has told me it is over $1000 to buy the "privilege" of being expendable second class citizens at the Mount Panorama Merchandising Fundraiser for the Cockroach,so the Willowbank $900 is probably embedded.

Let's kick the moneylenders out of the temple.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 00:29 (Ref:1638741)   #20
Alan 52
Racer

Alan 52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time for another category to follow the lead of V8 Utes,Performance Cars etc. and move to another series or run more stand alone events such as Muscle Car Masters.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 05:43 (Ref:1638805)   #21
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is always more idiots prepared to pay for their own self importance.The Australian GT whatever are asking $1650 plus the series registration and combined with the normal price gouging with tyre rebates adds up to the best part of $3500 to the promoters (that is each car)for the pleasure of supporting the V8's in Qld. Even better when it is 3 weeks away and MIGHT be part of the championship.And who is up to there ears in all this- one guess- Cams
I do not have too much sympathy for the Historics as while everything was seemingly going well they have been complicit in riding on the V 8 coattails and have had a relatively free ride-- all that time not giving a damn about the damage they were causing to other catergories on the basis " we are all right".
Old 22 Jun 2006, 06:47 (Ref:1638818)   #22
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a sweeping statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3
.... I do not have too much sympathy for the Historics as while everything was seemingly going well they have been complicit in riding on the V 8 coattails and have had a relatively free ride-- all that time not giving a damn about the damage they were causing to other catergories on the basis " we are all right".
Exactly who should have done what for whom & why?
Old 23 Jun 2006, 01:10 (Ref:1639478)   #23
johnny yuma
Veteran

johnny yuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Silver 3 you seem to be barking up the wrong trees.I can't see how paying an inflated entry fee makes you self important,or how entering a support race for V8SCA as an individual renders you complicit---perhaps I can smell rotten fish with the way all the fastest/best Group N Cars were bundled up by Biante and presented to V8SCA like lambs to the slaughter.Was there a Cockroach in there making sure he kept control of anything with popular appeal to the public? Which direction do monies flow keeping this de facto relationship together ??
Old 23 Jun 2006, 01:39 (Ref:1639484)   #24
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny yuma
By the way David Patterson,at least one Bathurst 1000 Historic support race competitor has told me it is over $1000 to buy the "privilege" of being expendable second class citizens at the Mount Panorama Merchandising Fundraiser for the Cockroach,so the Willowbank $900 is probably embedded.
Actually no, I've done the last four Bathurst 1000 supports and the price is around $700 - $800. For all the other rounds of the Biante series, it's around $300 - $400. Hence, the sheer reluctance to pay $920 to race at the Paperclip.
Old 23 Jun 2006, 02:32 (Ref:1639496)   #25
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear that there will be an MX5 race on the program now - with approximately 24-25 entries. Well done to the organisers at QR. WHy have 30+ Historics when you can have a smaller field of cars which 99% of the spectators won't have any interest in?