Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 May 2001, 15:36 (Ref:88360)   #1
Run Free
Racer

Run Free should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forza Jacques!

I was out of the forum in the past few days, so I want only let you all know how much happy I'm for last's sunday podium...but I'm sure that you are not surprised at all.

A well deserved one for Jacques, after the big amount of work, time, image he put in THAT team, and the bad luck he had.

FORZA JACQUES!!!!!
Old 3 May 2001, 15:53 (Ref:88364)   #2
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For sure!!!
All that hard work is starting to pay off (lets hope)
Who knows... maybe Bernies wish might come true after all!
Old 3 May 2001, 17:11 (Ref:88392)   #3
Ed G
Racer

Ed G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was just reading on Atlas that Zonta is looking for a drive with Jordan next year (or moving on elsewhere). With all the talk in the forums about JV possibly going to Jordan as well next year... wouldn't that make for an interesting year with those two back together.

BTW Bravo JV. Amazing what happens when you use the Spanish Squeegee kids as opposed to the ones from Brazil
Old 4 May 2001, 03:39 (Ref:88627)   #4
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Ed, according to Liz, Rico has been promised a ride with EJ next year, so having JV and him together again would be very interesting indeed. However, I think most of us would like to see Jacques in a McLaren if he leaves BAR. Perhaps it depends on whether Honda assumes control of the team. They are very fond of JV.
At any rate, I am very happy that it was Jacques who got the first podium for the new Honda. Well done....
Old 4 May 2001, 03:50 (Ref:88633)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think anybody with half a mind would put Jacques and Rico on the same team again. And EJ appears to have all his brain cells in perfect working order!

Jacques should go to McLaren if he gets the chance. There appears to be a waiting line at Williams, and no other team at present is any better than the one he's on.
Old 4 May 2001, 05:01 (Ref:88663)   #6
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, I'm guessing that this podium, and one or two more will be enough incentive for Jaques to stay at BAR for another year, by when Honda will have complete control, and Reynard will be booted, making for a hot team!
Old 4 May 2001, 11:26 (Ref:88803)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I understand the real problems at BAR is the handbaggery behind the scenes. If Honda takes control and stops the rancorous divisions among the team, they will certainly make life better for both the pilots and their garage teams.

I hope the podium will energize Jacques and he will go on to have a successful year. I'd like to see him do well.
Old 4 May 2001, 15:10 (Ref:88886)   #8
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have read that the biggest problem is that Pollock and Reynard aren't exactly drinkin' buddies. I can imagine the arguments that have ensued over that dog of a chassis. I suspect that there are a group who want to bail on it, and a group that support Adrian. Does anyone know how much of a stake each of them have in the team? Is BAT calling the shots? Who can get rid of who? I think considering the politics, JV has done an admirable job. It's tough to work in a place if the atmosphere is poisoned. No wonder he doesn't want to hang around when the job is done. Plus, he's Gilles son, and that's a tough enough legend to live up to. It would take some racing luck for him to win this year, but I'd really like to see it happen.
Old 6 May 2001, 15:48 (Ref:89686)   #9
Ed G
Racer

Ed G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pollock and JV met when JV was in high school and have been pretty close ever since. I would expect that if JV left BAR that Pollock wouldn't stick around either. On the other hand if Pollock left BAR would JV still want to stay?
Old 6 May 2001, 16:23 (Ref:89693)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pollock should be out of BAR. He's not a chief team but a manager...
Old 6 May 2001, 23:05 (Ref:89790)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I don't think anybody with half a mind would put Jacques and Rico on the same team again.
Ther you go, we'll see Jacques and Rico driving for Ron Dennis next year. You can quote Liz on this one.
Old 8 May 2001, 14:33 (Ref:90242)   #12
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ed G
With all the talk in the forums about JV possibly going to Jordan as well next year...
Sounds like rubbish to me. He said he wanted to return to Williams, but Ferrari's the only alternative.

He certainly wouldn't want to partner Zonta, let alone join Jordan.

The BARs are improving and when they get qualifying sorted out they will emerge as the best of the Hondas. They seem to have the edge on the Jordans in the race (that is when they can finish)

And no, BAT have no plans to get rid of their share.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 8 May 2001, 16:24 (Ref:90281)   #13
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fan

Jacques should stay with Honda and go where Honda wants him, just as Senna did. Ron Dennis is the sweetheart who insulted him and tried to kick him out of that F1 drivers' place. Dennis is probably still smarting from the blistering that JV reportedly administered to him later. I think they both have memories like elephants and JV/RD could be a partnership made in hell.

The McLaren team is good but Dennis is a prick and JV would probably deal with him accordingly. Not a good scenario and no one knows this better than Jacques.
Old 8 May 2001, 17:43 (Ref:90330)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I remember that.

But if JV ever wanted to be in a good car, McLaren is the best choice. Bussiness is bussiness, and I think JV would fit to it.
Old 8 May 2001, 23:18 (Ref:90549)   #15
Guy Goddard
Racer

Guy Goddard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Fan

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Roy2

The McLaren team is good but Dennis is a prick.

Good choice of words Roy, Dennis is not half the man Frank Williams is.
Old 9 May 2001, 05:27 (Ref:90606)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Frank has three good drivers in his team when you count the Bunsen. I honestly cannot see Frank wanting to desabilise the good relationship between the top drivers in his team for any other driver other than TGF. OK, you guys can throw all the stones you like at the count of three - I'll go hide outside.
Old 9 May 2001, 22:03 (Ref:90835)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I'm with you VB ! But I dare to say Sir Frank would not exchange none of them for TGF !!!