Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Jun 2004, 20:38 (Ref:1007351)   #1
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lost at Spa 24 Hours

As great as the race was last year at Spa, i did have one giant problem. At about 7pm I was stood there, absolutely drenched wondering who on earth is actually leading this race, and what the heck happened to the konrad saleen. The fact of the matter was, my french is....not that good ( the commentator speaks too quick for me to understand properly), and when it gets to 1 am your cold, miserable and wet, not having a clue who's leading etc it gets a bit boring. So for preperation this year, can anyone tell me how on earth i can keep up to speed with the positions, since there's just no radio le mans there! Any suggestions would be much appreciated, cheers!
Old 18 Jun 2004, 09:17 (Ref:1007664)   #2
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had that same problem last year. Too much noise to hear the few parts of englisch and/or dutch commentary from the speakers.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 13:10 (Ref:1007872)   #3
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alistair -- I've posted your question on the Belgium Paddock forum (Dutch). Perhaps more people complained last year and the organization will improve the quality of speakers...
Old 18 Jun 2004, 14:57 (Ref:1007966)   #4
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Otherwise if you sneak into the paddock you might be able to have a look at a monitor. Some tents in the paddock have them, and otherwise the teams have them in the pitbox. A little bit of assertivity does wonders, most of the teams are easy to chat with (if they're not in stress). And especially when most of the crowd is gone it's not too difficult to get in the paddock, even if you don't have access to that section.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 15:47 (Ref:1008026)   #5
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Vertigo Streiff" replied on the Belgium forum: "The local radio station 'Contact' will be used to broadcast the same signal as the speaker system around the track. So bring you own radio and ear plugs with you. That should do it.

BTW -- Bramzel welcome to the forum!
Old 18 Jun 2004, 17:15 (Ref:1008106)   #6
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you vandijk

I'm planning to go to the 24H again, last year I was there as well with the Henrik Roos Motorsport a.k.a. Ducktape Racing Team. This year we (= our company, Simbin, gamedeveloper + main sponsor of Zwaans Racing) will be in Spa with a huge tent promoting our upcoming game.

Perhaps I might come to the testday as well, that day was free entry I heard?

Last edited by Bramzel; 18 Jun 2004 at 17:18.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 17:21 (Ref:1008114)   #7
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Great!

I got the press demo and was hughely impressed! Will Spa be used to release the game?

Last edited by vandijk; 18 Jun 2004 at 17:24.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 17:24 (Ref:1008118)   #8
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Don't know if it's used to release the game, but you should at least be able to see a close-to-final version there
Old 18 Jun 2004, 17:31 (Ref:1008125)   #9
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
By the way Alistair_Ryder:

Almost 40 cars have confirmed. Among these are two Vertigo's and hopefully the C5-R. Let's hope on some better weather than last year...

See you there!
Old 18 Jun 2004, 22:44 (Ref:1008339)   #10
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, thank you Vandijk for troubles, i really didn't expect much of a reply. The Spa 24 Hours last year was my first endurance race experience, and i absolutely loved it, so i think i will always treasure this one. And it was the first time i heard the sound of a Corvette CR5 - i was gob smacked. I will try listen out for the radio then, unfortunately staying in Liege, dont suppose i'll get it that far out though.
P.S You'll probably find me at the bottom of 'eau rouge at the waffle stand! And this year , i'll definately remember my umbrella
Old 19 Jun 2004, 12:40 (Ref:1008636)   #11
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Alistair_Ryder
Wow, thank you Vandijk for troubles, i really didn't expect much of a reply. The Spa 24 Hours last year was my first endurance race experience, and i absolutely loved it, so i think i will always treasure this one. And it was the first time i heard the sound of a Corvette CR5 - i was gob smacked. I will try listen out for the radio then, unfortunately staying in Liege, dont suppose i'll get it that far out though.
P.S You'll probably find me at the bottom of 'eau rouge at the waffle stand! And this year , i'll definately remember my umbrella
Thank the Belgiums -- "Dragonfly" told us that the frequency should be FM 107.5Mhz.

Yes! Do not forget an umbrella in the Ardennes. See you there!