Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 17 Sep 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3454243)   #501
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sure its a different format & I never really took any notice of it until last week when "the chase" started - at this stage I don't mind the idea of 4 drivers getting knocked out after 3 races, especially if they drive for Hendricks
Old 19 Sep 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3455053)   #502
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think I am ready to see a couple top ten'rs
have a dnf this weekend to shake it up a bit
and light a fire to this chase.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 00:43 (Ref:3456452)   #503
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really feel for the 43 team. They had a great finish, but a blown engine when running 6th at Chicagoland has ensured that he will be knocked out of the chase after Dover. With how they've run the past several weeks, they could have easily had a shot at winning the championship.

As it looks, I expect Penske taking home their 2nd Sprint Cup championship after Homestead.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 02:14 (Ref:3456466)   #504
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The second half of this race was ridiculous. Completely ruined the rhythm that was established in the first half.

Sucks that Jeff had a tire go down, he was running in the top 5 for much of the race. But I know he'll bounce back next week.

And Larson is going to be a champion one day. But I prefer if he didn't do it with Ganassi!
Old 22 Sep 2014, 02:28 (Ref:3456470)   #505
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, considering the way his star has risen, only the Hendrick empire would be capable of luring him away from his current post, and I certainly don't want that to happen.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3456514)   #506
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, that's almost certain to happen. I can see Hendrick getting rid of Kahne when his contract lapses and Gordon, though competitive, can't race forever. I can see Kyle and Chase taking their places a few years down the road.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 06:18 (Ref:3456516)   #507
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hasn't Jeff Gordon already hinted at he'd very much would like to see Larson take his place in the #24 car at some point?

As for last night's race I freakin' loved it. I hope we'll go three for three next weekend with another great Chase race. Dunno if it's the new format that's done it, but whatever it is I hope it continues.
Old 22 Sep 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3456669)   #508
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, Jeff definitely wants him to take over. But Ganassi has been waiting so long for a franchise driver, it will take some doing to pry him away.

I'm also enjoying NASCAR in a way I haven't for years; maybe it's the new high pressure format, maybe because the #48 looks like just another car on track, or maybe it's because I only watch the last ~30 laps of any race
Old 22 Sep 2014, 23:03 (Ref:3456753)   #509
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I get the sense I'm watching a TV gameshow. I keep thinking they should replace Bestwick with Pat Sajak or one of those flashy gameshow guys.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3456936)   #510
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EDIT: Wrong thread!
Old 29 Sep 2014, 00:01 (Ref:3458477)   #511
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Allmendinger, Kurt Busch, Biffle and Almirola were knocked off the Chase. based on their poor season results, I must admit that it's fair.

But with Talladega next, I'm afraid that a few season regulars will be knocked out unfairly.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 01:35 (Ref:3458487)   #512
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I missed the second half of the race. Sucks that Harvick ran into problems. I think that team has led the most laps in the last 3 races and won none of them.

So much for "winning is more important than ever now!" Jeff's win has no significance in this Chase. They aren't even handing out bonus points for wins anymore...everyone is at 3000.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 09:03 (Ref:3458807)   #513
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I HATE this chase non-sense. The racing, since it began, at Chicagoland, two weeks ago, has been underwhelming! I'm watching now, just out of habit/tradition -- stock car racing fan. I don't care who wins the this so called championship. IMO it does not carry the meaning of championships of the past.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 09:47 (Ref:3458821)   #514
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am ok with the Chase set up so far. What I seem to be losing
patience on are the pre and post race tv shows and interviews.
The media tries as hard as they can to manufacture a build up
and make a big deal out of the disappointment of being cut.
So I have all but cut those out. If I need some info , I will
listen to nascar on xm during the commute.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3460998)   #515
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Im a little puzzled, in the majority of races i watch there always seems to be multiple tyre failures, do Goodyear/Nascar not care about this?

The media that cover Nascar never seem to make a big deal about it, when Pirelli were having issues in f1 there was uproar.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3461010)   #516
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
What I find more interesting is that most tire failures are coming from chase contenders. Maybe they are pushing the limits of the tires too far with their set-ups?
Old 6 Oct 2014, 03:39 (Ref:3461100)   #517
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Be good if JJ, Jnr & Keselowski are out of the title running... Seems Logano & Harvick are the consistent frontrunners, tho the #18 is coming good. Pity Larson never made the chase, he is flying & Ryan Newman is going about his job very nicely too!
Old 7 Oct 2014, 09:58 (Ref:3461663)   #518
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I don't see anyone past Logano for the "title" really.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3461827)   #519
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Ryan Newman is 4th, Kanhe 9th, Keselowski 10th, Dale 11th and Johnson 12th. Really?
Old 7 Oct 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3461843)   #520
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Ryan Newman is 4th, Kanhe 9th, Keselowski 10th, Dale 11th and Johnson 12th. Really?
Yep # 2 - BK - Tied with most wins this year -5.
# 88 -D jr - Most Popular forever .
#48 - JJ - Most Championships in recent era.

All 3 at the bottom. Now we are going to see the urgency factor
start to pick up. This championship has my attention.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 08:21 (Ref:3462460)   #521
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Im a little puzzled, in the majority of races i watch there always seems to be multiple tyre failures, do Goodyear/Nascar not care about this?

The media that cover Nascar never seem to make a big deal about it, when Pirelli were having issues in f1 there was uproar.
It's not causing as much of an uproar in NASCAR because it's been a known problem for years now that the teams are constantly pushing their setups to the limit, often surpassing the recommendations from Goodyear when it comes to tyre pressures, camber angles and so on.

That said there have been, of course, some races where it's been fairy obvious Goodyear hasn't brought a proper tyre. But for the most part it seems the teams are pushing it a tad too far on the setups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Yep # 2 - BK - Tied with most wins this year -5.
# 88 -D jr - Most Popular forever .
#48 - JJ - Most Championships in recent era.

All 3 at the bottom. Now we are going to see the urgency factor
start to pick up. This championship has my attention.
Yeah I must admit the uncertainty this format has produced has gotten me more interested than I first thought when I initially heard about the new format. I expect some pretty aggressive racing from the Chase drivers these next two weekends.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3462552)   #522
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking forward to my visit to Phoenix next month, however, whenever I visit a circuit Jimmie Johnston doesn't have a good meeting so I await the result with baited breath.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3462655)   #523
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I heard it mentioned on MWM, but the irony of Newman and Kenseth advancing to the next round with no wins is hilarious.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3462729)   #524
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I heard it mentioned on MWM, but the irony of Newman and Kenseth advancing to the next round with no wins is hilarious.
They haven't advanced just yet...

I fully expect a lot of shuffling happening in the next two races - especially at Talladega.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3463094)   #525
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Kyle Busch on the pole at Charlotte - hope he dominates!