Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 31 Mar 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2429649)   #51
pmaster
Rookie

pmaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can't beat domination..... but let's not get carried away, there's a long way to go.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2429712)   #52
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem with total domination is people then start to think the champioship is not strong and then disregard all drivers!! Didn't do much for Ben Clucas's career.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2429758)   #53
pmaster
Rookie

Quite right. But from Tims point of view, if he were to win the championship he will have beaten someone with an impressive cv, plus of course all the other competitors. If Joey wins, he will have beaten a previous champion, etc, and that's not to be sniffed at either. In equal kit either one of these two would be at the sharp end of any F3 series.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 07:15 (Ref:2430333)   #54
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Scott Moyse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yup agreed, wanted to say most of the above couldn't be arsed to write it all! so pmaster is the eastern creek thing going to be a last minute deal for you?
Old 1 Apr 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2430535)   #55
pmaster
Rookie

pm me again Scotty, messed the last one up
Old 2 Apr 2009, 14:14 (Ref:2431439)   #56
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Count out Tim Macrow at your own peril, people. The Clipsal crash was unfortunate as it left him with a car that was not particularly good for Race two - therefore he just drove for points to minimise the damage in the championship standings. But in Race one Joey was coming on strong towards the end and it would've been a great fight, i'm sure.

The Qualy 1 shootout between the two was one of the best examples of F3 Qualifying I've had the good fortune to witness in five years of Aussie F3... Two super drivers pushing as hard as they can.

Having said that, Joey's lap in Q2, on a rubbish track surface, was sensational. A delight to wach.

Both drivers will benefit it they go wheel to wheel and I have no doubt that they will on more than one occasion this season... it could turn out to be a classic. I can't wait.
Old 2 Apr 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2431816)   #57
HarvestMotorspt
Rookie

HarvestMotorspt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring it on Rich, I cant wait...
Old 3 Apr 2009, 07:40 (Ref:2432081)   #58
Mak
Veteran

Noticed that Oz F3 have been running ad in Autoport for the series and am surprised that they have not had a greater response (with only 1 UK driver in series), especially with the economic situation. Would have thought the much lower budgets and a high profile series would have been very attractive to Euro drivers ( and there dads!)
Old 4 Apr 2009, 11:47 (Ref:2433125)   #59
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Wouldn't the Spanish organised 'Open' series is probably the more attractive 'cheaper' F3 option for European based drivers?
Old 4 Apr 2009, 16:33 (Ref:2433390)   #60
Mak
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Wouldn't the Spanish organised 'Open' series is probably the more attractive 'cheaper' F3 option for European based drivers?
Think Spanish series is a lot more expensive and this year they are running new model cars, I beleive which will push price up again. Know a couple of Brit drivers who did Oz series and said how cheap it is to live there and great value the series was. They were also surprised at the high level of preparation and teams equipment.
Old 4 Apr 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2433408)   #61
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
Noticed that Oz F3 have been running ad in Autoport for the series and am surprised that they have not had a greater response (with only 1 UK driver in series), especially with the economic situation. Would have thought the much lower budgets and a high profile series would have been very attractive to Euro drivers ( and there dads!)
From Europe, Australian Formula 3 is not a "high profile serie".

If i was a driver and had some money i would rather to stay in Europe for racing or at least testing if i do not have enough budget. Because that is where motorsport well rated championships are , no offense to other ones.

When you get involved in a championship you have to think which return you will get from the money you invest.

If you look at James Winslow and Ben Clucas , having spent some time in Australian Formula 3 did not really bring-up their way in the motorsport ladder. So even if you can win a championship and it does not give you any more credibility or bring you up , then it is a waste of time and money in my opinion.
Old 4 Apr 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2433426)   #62
Mak
Veteran

Meta 4.. I am based in Europe and when these drivers have been unable to get good drives here due to the enormous budgets needed, they have had to look elsewhere. Winning in OZ has not done them any harm and Winslow winning 80K all helps. They have also been close to landing V8 drives and its only a matter of time until a European driver gets the break. I beleive the team that took both Brits to OZ championships is also looking at entering V8 series next year to help this endevour. Clucas has said that he would have probably not raced if the OZ F3 had not happened.
Old 4 Apr 2009, 17:28 (Ref:2433443)   #63
Mak
Veteran

In addition, Bruno Senna thought it was worthwhile taking in 4 races in OZ F3 prior to his British F3 season. As did Grubmuller, but not to the same effect!
Old 25 Apr 2009, 07:49 (Ref:2449051)   #64
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
So anyone know if there is goign to be any coverage of the wakefield round in NZ or online?
Old 25 Apr 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2449126)   #65
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dunno, only 7 cars at Wakefield Park - Joey Foster got the pole for both races....
Old 25 Apr 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2449131)   #66
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Dunno, only 7 cars at Wakefield Park - Joey Foster got the pole for both races....
pretty grim turnout for a race, i really hope the field packs out a bit further into the year. just glad there are a couple of rapid drivers there to keep joey on his toes.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 23:51 (Ref:2449582)   #67
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Moyse View Post
So anyone know if there is goign to be any coverage of the wakefield round in NZ or online?
Thanks to the wonders of YouTube, it is my expectation that within a few days of our TV coverage from Wakefield going to air the racing will have made it online.

For Aussies - SBS Speedweek will have coverage of the Wakefield shannons round on May 10th.

We have several onboards for this race so the TV coverage should come up really well. It may be a small field but it is closer than the times show...
Old 26 Apr 2009, 05:19 (Ref:2449652)   #68
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tim Macrow wins race 1 at Wakefield

Race 1 results...

1. Tim Macrow 15:29.4812
2. Mat Sofi 15:32.8027
3. Joey Foster 15:38.6522
Old 26 Apr 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2449695)   #69
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Back to normal now as Foster wins race 2 at Wakefield from Mat Sofi...

Points after 4 rounds...

1. Joey Foster - 80
2. Mat Sofi - 54
3. Tim Macrow - 45
4. Ben Crighton - 40
5. Ray Chamberlain - 30
6. Mathew Radisich - 25
Old 26 Apr 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2449699)   #70
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
yup thats more like it. should have been the result of race one, Mat should have won it really in race 1. bring on phillip island. do you know what the joey's fastest lap was? also is this the first year that the series has had to use 1 set of tyres over a weekend? since joey keeps nailing the lap record in quali but it onlly counts in the race and by then the tyres have gone off. has this always been the case when the lap records at these tracks were set?
Old 26 Apr 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2449789)   #71
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Moyse View Post
yup thats more like it. should have been the result of race one, Mat should have won it really in race 1. bring on phillip island. do you know what the joey's fastest lap was? also is this the first year that the series has had to use 1 set of tyres over a weekend? Since joey keeps nailing the lap record in quali but it onlly counts in the race and by then the tyres have gone off. has this always been the case when the lap records at these tracks were set?
Tyre regs are one new set and one previously marked set per weekend. This has always been the case as long as I've been involved in one way, shape or form (March 04 - now..).

Conditions were horrible today and track was damp and bloody cold. Lap records would have been hard for Michael Schumacher!!! Apparantly it was below freezing (With wind chill) - so with a few degrees extra in track temp im sure the record would've gone.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 10:49 (Ref:2449807)   #72
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craill View Post
Tyre regs are one new set and one previously marked set per weekend. This has always been the case as long as I've been involved in one way, shape or form (March 04 - now..).

Conditions were horrible today and track was damp and bloody cold. Lap records would have been hard for Michael Schumacher!!! Apparantly it was below freezing (With wind chill) - so with a few degrees extra in track temp im sure the record would've gone.
ok cheers for that about the tyres. Obvious point about the temps, didn't consider that, was only thinking of the tyre wear over the weekend.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2449848)   #73
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
In addition, Bruno Senna thought it was worthwhile taking in 4 races in OZ F3 prior to his British F3 season. As did Grubmuller, but not to the same effect!
I wonder why...
Old 26 Apr 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2449851)   #74
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I wonder why...
you feel like elaborating? i'm guessing at his lack of experience. prob didn't feel like gettign creamed right off the bat in uk?
Old 26 Apr 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2450142)   #75
pmaster
Rookie

Thanks for the background Richard, its hard to believe that Oz could give such conditions, it sounds more like an early season meeting at Knockhill. Joey will be well pleased to have come back like that in race 2, it's a pretty dominant win by any standards.How many laps were run after the safety car went in?