Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 May 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3070192)   #476
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Delighted for Jody in the Murphy car , makes up for a bust exhaust in ELMS .
Old 6 May 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3070226)   #477
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Enjoy it while it lasts, even if it floods in June you wont be laughing

I won't have any of that talk around here....... !!
Old 6 May 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3070233)   #478
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
LOL ..... Id ban him for even suggesting that Ayse
Old 6 May 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3070254)   #479
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how did F Fatien (sp.?) break his leg in pitstop practice? Ouch....
Old 6 May 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3070264)   #480
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lemansf...7629978928499/

Just uploaded the Pic's from yesterday . I'm to old for this worth Conditions .
Old 6 May 2012, 16:43 (Ref:3070271)   #481
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Are there any news about the Norma? Is the tub damaged?
Old 6 May 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3070272)   #482
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Are there any news about the Norma? Is the tub damaged?
We'll probably see on Wednesday, as far as I'm aware the ACO should release an updated entry list on May 9 with all the drivers and if the Norma is too damaged then we should see it off that list... I guess.
Old 6 May 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3070322)   #483
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osella View Post
how did F Fatien (sp.?) break his leg in pitstop practice? Ouch....
I think he stepped backwards and tripped over a wheel.

Tom.
Old 6 May 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3070342)   #484
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, a press-release from Signatech #26 car. http://www.race-tech.ru/news/sportca...12-spa-rusinov (in russian, but there's a google-translator). They were working with race set-up all the week-end, were racing with full tank in qualifying - aain to gain some info about race set-up. Were planning to put some double stints with one set of tyres, but that wheel ruined the whole race. So, there would be 6 pit-stops for them, and there was 2nd best time in LMP2 in race conditions, which is not that bad.
Old 6 May 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3070395)   #485
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post

Tom.
That team is having a crap year so far . Is Dave Price their manager ?
Old 6 May 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3070423)   #486
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Crowd: 31,000
Old 6 May 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3070427)   #487
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Crowd: 31,000
Last year it was 34,600.
Old 6 May 2012, 22:48 (Ref:3070428)   #488
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Enjoy it while it lasts, even if it floods in June you wont be laughing
hahahaha
Old 6 May 2012, 22:56 (Ref:3070436)   #489
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Last year it was 34,600.
Last year it was also swelteringly hot - so to my eyes to have that modest a drop with the profoundly bad weather Northern Europe's having at the moment is an achievement in and of itself.

Queues for tickets were a lot less than previous years (non existent in fact) but walking around the track there were what I thought was a surprisingly decent turnout - 31,000 feels about right.
Old 6 May 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3070439)   #490
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Less of the comments you regret ..... we won , fair and square .
Im not disputing that but if your expecting that to happen at Le Mans...bad luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Fair point Ayse, even if I were a volkswagen fan I wouldnt want rain to spoil the biggest race of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346

Tom.
Poor bloke. Bad timing, you spend all week getting ready for the big day and you get taken out of the race in a pitstop practice. Dont think he'd be good for Le Mans which is even worse.
Old 7 May 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3070463)   #491
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Last year it was also swelteringly hot - so to my eyes to have that modest a drop with the profoundly bad weather Northern Europe's having at the moment is an achievement in and of itself.

Queues for tickets were a lot less than previous years (non existent in fact) but walking around the track there were what I thought was a surprisingly decent turnout - 31,000 feels about right.
The queues may have been shorter because the new website made preordering (especially from abroad) much easier. I've been going since 2009, this was the first time I preordered instead of buying my ticket at the gate.
Old 7 May 2012, 05:21 (Ref:3070484)   #492
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Last year it was 34,600.
Maybe the weather had something to do with that number .
Old 7 May 2012, 05:23 (Ref:3070485)   #493
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Im not disputing that but if your expecting that to happen at Le Mans...bad luck...
Im not expecting it at all ..... It would be great though .....
Old 7 May 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3070494)   #494
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Race report on http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event...corchamps.html
Old 7 May 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3070547)   #495
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boring race in P1. An Audi solo...
So, it has been more emotional in GTE, were the usual fighting Porsche Vs. Ferrari has been the most thrilling. Nice to see the old 997 again in the match. Hoping to see early its replacement (it's time to change...).
Anyway, great race and management for Felbermayr team.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 7 May 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3070700)   #496
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
According to http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ebrief-spa/P2/ there is an additional test session at Spa. This was already mentioned on Radio Le Mans. Audi, Oak, JRM and Rebellion will take part in this test.
Old 7 May 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3070903)   #497
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Some tweets about today's testing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by @RebellionRacing
Spa morning testings were ok, scheduled work done, but some more to do this afternoon.

41 laps covered in morning test session in Spa by the cars , @NickHeidfeld (16), @Harold_Primat (22) and Andrea Belicchi (3) took the wheel

Ok here are Spa morning session laptimes : @NickHeidfeld 2:05.802 (16L), @Harold_Primat 2:07.860 (22L), Andrea Belicchi 2:07.990 (3L)
Quote:
Originally Posted by @JRM_Racing
The team has stayed on at Spa for first full circuit test of the season today, with all 3 drivers: @brabsracer @karunchandhok @AhLovejoy

Smile! You're on van-did camera. Video crew in Transit in between today's test sessions at Spa. http://pic.twitter.com/EliJr4bP
Quote:
Originally Posted by @brabsracer
@AhLovejoy diminish a great days testing here at a dry Spa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @karunchandhok
Good test today - answered a lot of questions about why lacked pace on saturday... Can't wait for #LeMans !

Very weird having a full day of dry testing at Spa with very little traffic... Loving it ! #MegaCircuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by @BenoitTreluyer
Great test today we start to be really quick on pit stop. I hope we will keep that until Le Mans
Old 8 May 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3071187)   #498
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
First load of images are up...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandfis...7629624404522/
Including a shot of the Status car JUST before he dropped it. It seems a VERY odd one. I was saddened that they pulled out, they looked damn good.
Otherwise, thank Dog it stopped raining on Saturday, I was soaked waiting for the start picture, up on the corner of the Pits overlooking the Bus Stop. It took two coffees in the Brasserie to stop me from being a Brass Monkey.

Has anyone seen Dr. Ulrich's 'salute' from the Press Conference here? Much hilarity ensued!
Old 8 May 2012, 13:13 (Ref:3071189)   #499
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice pictures!

You did make a mistake in the text below the Jota picture. The cancelled round was Zolder, not Zandvoort.
Old 8 May 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3071191)   #500
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
It's Dutch, with a Z, no one will notice, surely...
(Yes, I know, one's in Belgium, but it spoils a good one liner!)

Thanks for the correction, I'll do it now, and thanks for the kind words.
When I get home tonight, I have to put Friday and Saturday up...