Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 11 Oct 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3463337)   #526
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really impressed all Stewart Haas cars
are in the top 14. I would like to see Harvick
or Edwards punch their ticket tonight then
Dale Jr. at Talladega.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 03:53 (Ref:3463679)   #527
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Harvick got er done. Now its time for the Jr. show next week. at Dega.
Crazy demo derby broke out on pit road after the race.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 06:31 (Ref:3463763)   #528
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure if Talladega is the best place to bring a lot of pressure and a bunch of frayed tempers...

We could be in for a pretty wild one come next Sunday. Can't freakin' wait!
Old 12 Oct 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3463907)   #529
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first reaction to seeing that post-race mess was that it was either staged, or at least encouraged by Nascar.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3463917)   #530
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ambrose will win 'dega because RPM are shyte everywhere else...
Old 12 Oct 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3463991)   #531
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Ambrose will win 'dega because RPM are shyte everywhere else...
I think you forgot about a couple of road courses.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3464000)   #532
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxx View Post
My first reaction to seeing that post-race mess was that it was either staged, or at least encouraged by Nascar.
It was very WWE, the way they so happened to have a camera following Brad walking between two haulers. The way Kenseth "magically" snuck up behind him and jumped on him.

Stupid thing is there is no need for Nascar to do this, the chase format has produced good racing and plenty of drama.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 13:11 (Ref:3464004)   #533
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Kalamity Keselowski clattered Stewart apparently by accident and collides with Kenseth who had his safety gear undone. Kenseth had his eyes out on stalks during his interview. I don't care what they do out of their car but harpooning each other like that is gonna have consequences one fine day.

I didn't see what mad Brad had to say for himself.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3464032)   #534
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Stupid thing is there is no need for Nascar to do this, the chase format has produced good racing and plenty of drama.
NASCAR loves this kind of stuff. The fans were going nuts and everyone was watching the whole thing unfold. But Brad's actions were inexcusable, the guy went absolutely insane.

The racing has been good all year. The only thing the Chase has provided is more TV-time for the top 16 (now 12) and a points update every 50 laps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I didn't see what mad Brad had to say for himself.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...incidents.html
Old 12 Oct 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3464047)   #535
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Ryan Newman has no wins and is fourth in the standings.

Keselowski has 5 wins, Dale Jr has 3 wins, Johnson has 3 wins. They are 10th, 11th and 12th.

Wasn't the new Chase system supposed to reward wins?
Old 12 Oct 2014, 14:30 (Ref:3464053)   #536
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Ryan Newman has no wins and is fourth in the standings.

Keselowski has 5 wins, Dale Jr has 3 wins, Johnson has 3 wins. They are 10th, 11th and 12th.

Wasn't the new Chase system supposed to reward wins?
Not in the Chase itself. In the chase, it's almost like an elimination round in a quiz.

I haven't really bothered to engage with this new system. I just focus on the racing and take the pundits word as to whoever is still in this. I'm just a bit so-and-so by it all really.

Last edited by Paradise City; 12 Oct 2014 at 14:35.
Old 13 Oct 2014, 09:49 (Ref:3464400)   #537
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How good would it be if Ryan Newman won the title
Old 13 Oct 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3464627)   #538
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be pretty unpopular for an accumulator rather than a winner to get the title I would imagine. How good is that ?
Old 13 Oct 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3464665)   #539
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Unpopular to who? Who remembers Kenseth only won 1 race the year he won (2003), yet won 7 last year & didn't get the title - me
Old 14 Oct 2014, 07:13 (Ref:3464850)   #540
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like Kevin Harvick's comment about the post-race scuffle:
Quote:
'Let me tell ya how intense it is. You've got Matt Kenseth starting fights. That's how intense this new format is.'

Sunday can't come here soon enough, I think we're in for a wild ride.
Old 14 Oct 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3465107)   #541
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brad K and Stewart are handed fines and placed on probation and Hamlin and Kenseth get nothing. Seems rather odd considering Hamlin was the initiator with Brad and Kenseth physically attacked Brad.
Old 17 Oct 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3465900)   #542
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I threw in the towel on NASCAR and the Falcons weeks ago. It really freed up my Sundays, which is great!
Old 17 Oct 2014, 11:40 (Ref:3465903)   #543
canamman
Veteran

United States
I hear you on the Falcons, but then again, I have
always liked pulling for an underdog which the
Falcons will be the rest of the season.

But on NASCAR, wild horses could not keep us away
from Dega. This Chase has me hook, line, and sinker.
I think the driver with the most pressure on him will
be Jr. Nothing like hearing the Jr. roar when he goes to the front.
He will need to win to move on.
Family truckster pulls out at 7:30a.m. with the
final destination of the Turn 4 Dega stands.
Old 17 Oct 2014, 14:53 (Ref:3465943)   #544
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
I hear you on the Falcons, but then again, I have
always liked pulling for an underdog which the
Falcons will be the rest of the season.

But on NASCAR, wild horses could not keep us away
from Dega. This Chase has me hook, line, and sinker.
I think the driver with the most pressure on him will
be Jr. Nothing like hearing the Jr. roar when he goes to the front.
He will need to win to move on.
Family truckster pulls out at 7:30a.m. with the
final destination of the Turn 4 Dega stands.
Very cool! I'd be up for going to an actual race; I am just done with the "saga" and "false championship".

I need to go to 'dega at least once and it would be cool around Halloween.
It's probably a little like Sebring on St. Patricks; a complete show, which is right up my alley.
Old 17 Oct 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3465949)   #545
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Very cool! I'd be up for going to an actual race; I am just done with the "saga" and "false championship".

I need to go to 'dega at least once and it would be cool around Halloween.
It's probably a little like Sebring on St. Patricks; a complete show, which is right up my alley.
Understand. My first Dega was in '82. We camped outside the track.
That was the same time monster trucks were taking off. It was
quit the nite time event. I still have Hank Williams Jr songs ringing
in my head.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3466579)   #546
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
What a bunch of buffoons to throw a yellow for someone who didn't completely spin and was in the grass, away from everyone. This is a joke and I can't wait for the big one. Isn't that why we sit through plate racing? The big one?
Old 19 Oct 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3466580)   #547
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Restart with nine laps to go. I'd be very surprised if they go green the rest of the way.

Edit: And it didn't, but because of debris.

Last edited by rustyfan; 19 Oct 2014 at 21:19.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 22:28 (Ref:3466599)   #548
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
I thought Danica might survive the crap shoot for a brief time there. Amusing if she had of won it. Gordon the only Hendrick survivor apparently. Landon Cassill had a good surge towards the end too.

Last outing for Texas Terry, so a bit of history made there.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 03:10 (Ref:3466635)   #549
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May not be a popular opinion but I'm glad 'bad-guy' Brad got through, the #2 has been one of the top 3 teams and would be a shame to lose them this early. Then again, end of season play-off upsets are the norm in ball-and-stick sports.

It was also nice to see someone actually drive to the win at one of these plate races rather than luck into it.
Old 20 Oct 2014, 21:53 (Ref:3466935)   #550
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it just me or did Keselowski's best friend Matt Kenseth help Kez get the win in the final lap?