Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:46 (Ref:3841697)   #76
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I think every safety car period except for 1, (the 51 Ferrari crash) has involved an LMP2 in some way.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3841699)   #77
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is the kind of pitstop i am used to from Mazda
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3841700)   #78
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Did Derani get second on a pass?
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3841701)   #79
MaskedRacer
Veteran

67 Ford very close to leading 25 BMW now. 4 Corvette looks like to have fallen by back a second or 2. I think Porsche is the OEM that looks to be out of it. 91 with problems losing a couple laps. 92 about 8 seconds behind and not threatening the #3 for 4th at all

GTD leader is 6th overall GT.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:58 (Ref:3841702)   #80
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Did Derani get second on a pass?
all these late race pitstops for fuel are great on excitement. I just wish we got here after a bunch of green flag running instead of yellows.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:58 (Ref:3841703)   #81
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Just as I say its tight De Phillipe gets the better of Westbrook during a shakeup when DPI cars come through
Old 5 Aug 2018, 20:58 (Ref:3841704)   #82
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Is the Wayne Taylor car good on fuel?
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:04 (Ref:3841709)   #83
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Milner in the #4 struggling. His tires must be shot. #3 Garcia is in third with an easy pass.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3841712)   #84
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Wish we had more on board streams for GTD cars.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3841713)   #85
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Milner in the #4 struggling. His tires must be shot. #3 Garcia is in third with an easy pass.
i thought that was team orders?
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:09 (Ref:3841715)   #86
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Derani keeps getting traffic in the wrong spot while trying to get around the #5.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:11 (Ref:3841717)   #87
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Mazda to the lead with 5 minutes left!!!!
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:13 (Ref:3841718)   #88
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Mazda to the lead with 5 minutes left!!!!
that was short lived....
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3841719)   #89
MaskedRacer
Veteran

What is wrong with De Philipee!!
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:16 (Ref:3841720)   #90
MaskedRacer
Veteran

You know this has happened to BMW before! Leading and then going out. Connor just threw his hands up in the car in disgust. The car just quit.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:19 (Ref:3841721)   #91
MaskedRacer
Veteran

25 and 4 ran out of fuel I think.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:40 (Ref:3841727)   #92
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
this reminded me of an old ALMS race here where everybody was running out of fuel on the last lap. I can't remember who won the race, but I remember the Drayson Lola was involved.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:59 (Ref:3841733)   #93
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
That was 2010; the Drayson Lola won after the Muscle Milk Porsche Spyder started cutting out. Also, the Autocon Lola led the opening portion of the race, with Johnny Mowlem at the wheel.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 22:20 (Ref:3841742)   #94
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Many people pray to be kept out of unexpected problems. Some people pray to be able to confront and overcome them. Well-deserved win for CORE autosport guys.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 02:04 (Ref:3841760)   #95
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
That was 2010; the Drayson Lola won after the Muscle Milk Porsche Spyder started cutting out. Also, the Autocon Lola led the opening portion of the race, with Johnny Mowlem at the wheel.
Thanks, yes that is what i was thinking of. This race nearly turned out similar!
Old 6 Aug 2018, 07:11 (Ref:3841773)   #96
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brilliant race. Non-stop awesomeness.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3841837)   #97
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Brilliant race. Non-stop awesomeness.
I would not say "non-stop" because of the much higher rate of safety car periods. All but one involved an LMP2 car in some way, shape, or form.

The high rate of yellows and the length of some of them still is the biggest black eye or elephant in the room in this form of racing still. This topic was brought up on the Post Race Tech for Road America on radiolemans.com. John Hindbaugh and Jeremy Shaw disagreed. John preferred the Creventic Code 60 and Jeremy likes the way they do it right now. I'm on John's side of this debate. Preserving the integrity of the gaps built up is more important than artificially bunching them together. SRO it appears is starting to be badly influenced by this looking at the way they handled caution periods at the Spa 24.
Old 6 Aug 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3841869)   #98
nezy37
Rookie

United States
wisconsin
nezy37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would not say "non-stop" because of the much higher rate of safety car periods. All but one involved an LMP2 car in some way, shape, or form.

The high rate of yellows and the length of some of them still is the biggest black eye or elephant in the room in this form of racing still. This topic was brought up on the Post Race Tech for Road America on radiolemans.com. John Hindbaugh and Jeremy Shaw disagreed. John preferred the Creventic Code 60 and Jeremy likes the way they do it right now. I'm on John's side of this debate. Preserving the integrity of the gaps built up is more important than artificially bunching them together. SRO it appears is starting to be badly influenced by this looking at the way they handled caution periods at the Spa 24.
I'm alright with fcy in sprint races.

In the naec however I'd love to see the code 60 introduced. Anything over 4 hours allows for things to happen to a car that can be recoverable for the team affected. Sprint racing not so much so I like the safety car. Just wish they could fix the length of the yellow periods
Old 6 Aug 2018, 16:48 (Ref:3841883)   #99
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezy37 View Post
I'm alright with fcy in sprint races.

In the naec however I'd love to see the code 60 introduced. Anything over 4 hours allows for things to happen to a car that can be recoverable for the team affected. Sprint racing not so much so I like the safety car. Just wish they could fix the length of the yellow periods
I guess you are right. Ultimately the races that it is most important to have few to no safety car periods are the NAEC and the all GT races. Daytona and Lime Rock were both great events. Mid Ohio was great too. Best 3 races in the series so far this year in fact. Not a coincidence. Look for VIR to be clean all the way too.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 03:55 (Ref:3841982)   #100
Jameson
Racer

Jameson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Look for VIR to be clean all the way too.
Or with the trouble brewing in GTD after Pier Guidi's antics, it might not be clean at all