Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Oct 2007, 20:30 (Ref:2043956)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Demo tommorow (Japan)

GT5P demo available on the 2oth October from the Japanease store, Europe/US later.

Already set-up my free Japanease account ready for the demo.

Hopefully the new sim mode will be included in the demo.

PR:-

'In coordination with the 40th Tokyo Motor Show, the limited Gran Turismo 5 Prologue free demo will coincide with manufacturer's unveil events on the show floor providing players the latest information and updates to the demo. In addition, live reports of the motor show and motor sport related news can also be downloaded through the demo.

Delivery:

An exclusive download title for the Playstation 3 with Playstation Store online service. Playstation 3 must have a Internet connection in order to download.
Demo cannot be downloaded with a personal computer or install from other storage media.
Availability:

Available to download from Oct. 20th, 2007 to Nov. 11th, 2007
Content:

Demo will include 7 playable cars as follows:
Lexus IS-F
Nissan GT-R
Mazda Atenza
Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
Daihatsu OFC-1
BMW 135i Coupe
Demo will include 1 course -Suzuka
Player mode:

Single player mode with races up to 16 cars.

No online play for the demo.
In coordination with the 40th Tokyo Motor Show, new cars will be unveil in game between Oct. 23 to Oct. 25
In game video contents included:
Gran Turismo TV with previews and reports.
Show floor reports direct from the 40th Tokyo Motor Show through Gran Turismo TV.
Motor Sport related news'
Old 19 Oct 2007, 12:34 (Ref:2044494)   #2
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Single player mode with races up to 16 cars.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 19 Oct 2007, 12:41 (Ref:2044507)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Anything about "competent AI"?
Old 19 Oct 2007, 21:50 (Ref:2044986)   #4
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AI's redone, but with online play who cares.

Curious about the new Gran Turismo TV, which is even included in the demo.
Old 19 Oct 2007, 22:48 (Ref:2045016)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Similar to Gotham and Forza TV likely. Good feature.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 14:42 (Ref:2046150)   #6
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeh but lets hope it runs a bit smoother than forza tv....

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 21 Oct 2007, 14:53 (Ref:2046158)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I'm not fussed. Won't be getting it.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 15:01 (Ref:2050274)   #8
JAG
Veteran

England
Well I've spent a few hours with this now and I'm very impressed.

The sim physics and in-car view add a whole new dimension, no longer can you take huge risks, you're punished for every mistake, just like a PC sim.

BTW, the Top Gear Test Track is gong to be in GT5:-

PRESS release in full:

Polyphony Digital and BBC Worldwide to collaborate on best-selling racing game series Gran Turismo®

Top Gear to provide content for download via GT TV™

Tokyo, October 24 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) and Polyphony Digital, Inc., the creators of the best-selling racing franchise, Gran Turismo®, today announced a collaboration with BBC Worldwide that will allow BBC’s Top Gear programme to be downloaded through Gran Turismo TV (GT TV™) on PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™).

GT TV, a dedicated online channel packed with the latest news and content from the motoring world, will launch worldwide on PLAYSTATION®Network in 2008. BBC Worldwide will provide 40 episodes of Top Gear, the award-winning BBC television series about motoring for download.

In addition, the Top Gear Test Track – the track featured each week on the show, where host Jeremy Clarkson and the Top Gear team test the latest cars – will be replicated in Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) on PS3. For the first time in a racing game, players will be able to burn rubber and experience every white knuckle, hairpin turn on the Top Gear Test Track for themselves.

“We at Polyphony are great fans of the world’s best motoring programme, Top Gear, so we’re delighted to be collaborating with BBC Worldwide to deliver Top Gear content via Gran Turismo,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, President, Polyphony Digital, “We’re sure that players will be as thrilled as we are when they get the chance to put their own driving skills to the test on the Top Gear Test Track in GT5, as well as enjoying classic episodes of Top Gear via GT TV.”

Simon Danker, Director, Digital Media, BBC Worldwide commented, “BBC Top Gear is the world’s number one motoring media brand and we’re thrilled to make it accessible to Gran Turismo gamers. We continue to explore different avenues to share our content with an expanding audience, and are delighted to participate with Polyphony Digital in the launch of this exciting new opportunity.”
Old 24 Oct 2007, 16:39 (Ref:2050368)   #9
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow sounds very good, does it stack up to Forza? And is damage included in the demo?
Old 24 Oct 2007, 17:13 (Ref:2050393)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
There's no damage, and I wouldn't really compare it to Forza.

GT5's more of a PC like driving sim compared to Forza's arcade leanings.

BTW, the Nissan GT-R and Subaru WRX STI have just been officially unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show, so are now accesible in the demo.
Old 26 Oct 2007, 07:58 (Ref:2051744)   #11
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure I read somewhere that damaged has been confirmed for the full version of GT5.

When it comes out, PS3 here I come...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 26 Oct 2007, 16:47 (Ref:2052155)   #12
adamaca
Rookie

adamaca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When is it due out?
Old 26 Oct 2007, 20:50 (Ref:2052358)   #13
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
I'm sure I read somewhere that damaged has been confirmed for the full version of GT5.

When it comes out, PS3 here I come...
It's planned, but may be a seperate feature, not in the main game ATM.
Old 26 Oct 2007, 20:52 (Ref:2052359)   #14
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamaca
When is it due out?
GT5 Prologue is out before Christmas in Japan, this is like a very large demo with 5 tracks and 30+ cars.

GT5 will be out late 2008.
Old 28 Oct 2007, 21:50 (Ref:2053628)   #15
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how can I download the demo?
I cannot find it on my demo list.

Can someone help?
Thanks
Old 28 Oct 2007, 22:25 (Ref:2053654)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
It's planned, but may be a seperate feature, not in the main game ATM.
Damage will be on the full release, as well as weather.

Intriguingly neither will be available to use during online play. Stupid beyond belief.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 02:05 (Ref:2053733)   #17
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Damage? Smart opponents? Full grids? Weather?

I'm in heaven!!
Old 31 Oct 2007, 01:18 (Ref:2055515)   #18
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Damage will be on the full release, as well as weather.

Intriguingly neither will be available to use during online play. Stupid beyond belief.
It's because their isn't the proccessing power for both online, unless you had very basic damage like Forza.

We'll have to wait until the next, next gen for that.

rFactor is the best PC sim, in many peoples opinion, and doesn't have rain.

Last edited by JAG; 31 Oct 2007 at 01:21.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 01:22 (Ref:2055519)   #19
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by B24
So how can I download the demo?
I cannot find it on my demo list.

Can someone help?
Thanks
Only on the Japan store ATM, you can set-up an account for free.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 14:13 (Ref:2055923)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
It's because their isn't the proccessing power for both online, unless you had very basic damage like Forza.
If that is Polyphony's excuse.... *sigh* I am sure it is not beyond the realms of possibility to install a rudimentary damage system for online play but more than likely they will focus instead on getting another Nissan Skyline modelled for the game.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 21:36 (Ref:2056328)   #21
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
If that is Polyphony's excuse.... *sigh* I am sure it is not beyond the realms of possibility to install a rudimentary damage system for online play but more than likely they will focus instead on getting another Nissan Skyline modelled for the game.
It's a simulation, arcade like pop up bonnets and a little bodywork damage don't cut the mustard.

It's a driving sim not a crash sim.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 22:01 (Ref:2056353)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No damage at all doesn't cut the mustard.

When GT5 is released it will be 11 or 12 years old as a series. And still it is missing things.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 23:46 (Ref:2056438)   #23
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
No damage at all doesn't cut the mustard.

When GT5 is released it will be 11 or 12 years old as a series. And still it is missing things.

Yes, but GT5 is the best yet.

The new sim physics, in car view and revised AI have transformed the game.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 09:46 (Ref:2056660)   #24
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The AI and bigger grids are more important than damage as far as I'm concerned. Once we've got 20+ grids of drivers that can actually drive in traffic without just barging into each other then they can start on damage.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 23:18 (Ref:2057309)   #25
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
They have to be taking the **** you have a Cel chip in that sucker for christ sake. Its not like your running a P3 1000mhz with 256mb ram.... Damage in battlefield and every other xbox game seems fine, so why not the ps3 ?

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..