Alguersuari 0 0%
de la Rosa 0 0%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Jun 2011, 00:21 (Ref:2897663)   #51
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Button. Six trips through the pits, including one for a drive-through and one for a puncture.

Special mentions for TGF, the STR's and Liuzzi, who puts HRT ahead of Virgin in the constructors championship with his 13th place finish.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 01:50 (Ref:2897708)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I'm sorry but Webber DOTR? (i know who voted for him) but are you so blinkered?
From the midfield to 3rd, fighting the same people Mr Button got thru (apart from Mr Vettel) without punting Mr Alonso and Mr Hamilton. Just because the powerbrokers gave Mr Button the benefit of the doubt not once but twice, and that he capitalised on Mr Vettel's mistake under pressure (meaning there was a non ho-hum result...) doesnt make him the only good racer on the day!

Sorry if I see value in that
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Jun 2011, 01:58 (Ref:2897710)   #53
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Mercades have arguably the best DRS out there, Michaels trouble was, once he was overtaken, he wasn't then fast enough to make use of it.
Erm, DRS only works if you can get near the cars in front something that the Mercedes clearly cannot do against Red Bull and McLaren who are miles ahead of them and are coincidentally the cars that passed Michael.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 02:10 (Ref:2897712)   #54
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button. Hands down. If this was not your choice, you probably didn't watch this one. IMO.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 04:40 (Ref:2897743)   #55
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button, no doubt. Kudos to Shumacher and Massa too.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 05:31 (Ref:2897754)   #56
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without a doubt Button, but a mention for Schumacher too. He drove a great race but didn't have the pace once the dry line appeared. Surprised he didn't defend more in the DRS zone.

Button was awesome and at one stage in 21st place I thought his day was over, how wrong can you be.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 07:08 (Ref:2897784)   #57
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button for me too - very eventful drive!
Old 13 Jun 2011, 08:14 (Ref:2897825)   #58
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I think Schumi was easily driver of the race. Button clearly had the faster car, in fact the best car in the field by the looks of it, and he still managed to take 2 ex-champions out of the race - both of which were more his fault. How do you give someone who took out his own team-mate and Alonso, driver of the race??? Without the many safety cars he would have been lapped after his drive through and those 2 incidents.
Er, sorry, which planet was it again that you live on?
Old 13 Jun 2011, 08:17 (Ref:2897826)   #59
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
21st to 1st, drive through and a ''whats he doing'' plus the thought of that ''finger'' JB top man.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2897829)   #60
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
JB for me with an honourable mention for TGF.

I reckon it'll take a whole lot for JB to have a more satisfying win than that one.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 08:32 (Ref:2897830)   #61
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
It hyas to be Button for me too, excellent drive, but (typped through gritted teeth) MSC did well too, as did Koboyashi (especially that power-slide in qualifying!)
Old 13 Jun 2011, 08:33 (Ref:2897831)   #62
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Amazing. Button drives the best recovery drive anyone has ever seen, and some people vote for someone else. In that last stint he didn't put his wheels off the racing line once (unless he needed to avoiding an almost crashing Webber. That is really REAL quality. Like I said, amazing.

And just for completeness, Button was not responsible for either of his 'accidents'. Look at the replays.

MS drove very well, but tailed off at the end - so how can he be DOTR? JB drove well for the WHOLE race.

Webber? What? Were you watching the same race? He did well, and on a day where JB and MS (and KK?) were not there, he would probably have been DoTR. Not Canada.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 08:44 (Ref:2897837)   #63
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF thats for sure. It just is a shame he wasnt allowed to defend with equal weapons thanks to DRS of Button and Webber.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2897844)   #64
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button
Old 13 Jun 2011, 09:38 (Ref:2897872)   #65
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
TGF thats for sure. It just is a shame he wasnt allowed to defend with equal weapons thanks to DRS of Button and Webber.
He had those "equal weapons" too.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2897888)   #66
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Can people stick to voting for their own choice and stop telling others how they should've voted? Cheers.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 09:58 (Ref:2897892)   #67
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Although helped a lot by the SC periods I got to hand it to Button, brilliant drive there.

Overtake of the race was easily the one by Schumacher when he went three wide with Kobayashi and Massa though
Old 13 Jun 2011, 10:08 (Ref:2897898)   #68
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
He had those "equal weapons" too.
I am under the impression that the defender ain`t allowed to use drs so the overtaker only has that advantage while he overtakes. Without the device Button as well as Webber would have died on the outside of Schumacher in both their moves since TGF simply made the way longer to both. Great defending with a slower car, like Alonso did to TGF at Imola one year, is almost impossible with this gimmick
Old 13 Jun 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2897909)   #69
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I am under the impression that the defender ain`t allowed to use drs so the overtaker only has that advantage while he overtakes. Without the device Button as well as Webber would have died on the outside of Schumacher in both their moves since TGF simply made the way longer to both. Great defending with a slower car, like Alonso did to TGF at Imola one year, is almost impossible with this gimmick
But then, if Michael was quick enough he'd have been in a position to do the same next lap round, but he wasn't. Don't get me wrong, Michaels was an excellent drive and he's done his fair share of overtaking this season, but alot of that was also DRS assisted.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2897918)   #70
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
IIRC, TGF was right on the back of Webber when they took the flag. No doubt DRS assisted. Another lap, and.....

IIRC, TGF is a big fan of the DRS.

IIRC, his teams is the best DRS out there.

Last edited by Marbot; 13 Jun 2011 at 10:38.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 10:43 (Ref:2897925)   #71
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
But then, if Michael was quick enough he'd have been in a position to do the same next lap round, but he wasn't. Don't get me wrong, Michaels was an excellent drive and he's done his fair share of overtaking this season, but alot of that was also DRS assisted.
My problem is not a who has done what. My problem is that a skill, the skill of defending the position of a literrally slower car through a corner, gets killed by the useage of these gimmicks, mainly because only the overtaker has the advantage. Now I know, if both had drs allowed the whole gimmick would not have needed to be introduced but it would have been intrigueing to see how these battles ended up if both were allowed to use gimmick on the same spot.

You can call me conservative but finally it is a huge kick in the butt of racecraft.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2897927)   #72
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
IIRC, TGF was right on the back of Webber when they took the flag. No doubt DRS assisted. Another lap, and.....

IIRC, TGF is a big fan of the DRS.

IIRC, his teams is the best DRS out there.
This is not a good example. It only goes to show that a race driver will take every ever so light advantage given

This race was a major kick in the butt of racecraft.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 10:50 (Ref:2897933)   #73
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I personally have no problem with DRS, but i do think that between the hairpin and final turn is the wrong place to have it. Personally i'd prefer it (in Canada) on the start/finish line only or the small straight going into the hairpin.

BTW, Spain showed that DRS is not always an advantage.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2897943)   #74
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
I personally have no problem with DRS, but i do think that between the hairpin and final turn is the wrong place to have it. Personally i'd prefer it (in Canada) on the start/finish line only or the small straight going into the hairpin.

BTW, Spain showed that DRS is not always an advantage.
I knew Spain would be thrown in as a counter example
At Spain Hamilton wasn`t able to use up to 25 km/h advantages over Vettel, tahnks to broken kers, although Hamilton made use of DRS every single lap at the end of sf straight.
But here we talk about two cars that are almost on par regarding outright speed. When the kers worked for Vettel or Hamilton didn`t use it, both ended up with a similar speed in DRS zone. (Given that the screens that BBC showed were matching the true speeds and gimmick activation)

The Mercedes this season is not nearly as fast as the Red Bull nor the McLaren.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2897947)   #75
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:

The Mercedes this season is not nearly as fast as the Red Bull nor the McLaren.
We can only assume that Schumacher got into the position he got into during the race by using DRS on slower cars that would have normally held him up. So it should come as no surprise to him that he might also befall the same fate in his slower car when faster cars come up behind him.