Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3013482)   #26
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although it is surprising in the sense that they were a successful team who had, up until this point, made no noise about leaving, it isn't entirely shocking.

French car sales have been poor for a while and PSA Group already have the Citroen WRC team which arguably has more relevance to their road car line-up (after all, Peugeot/Citroen don't actually have any rear-wheel drive cars in their range). Also, although the Peugeot Total team is successful, the Red Bull Citroen team (with Loeb) is almost guaranteed wins/titles, whereas the 908 has to see off the Audis and Toyotas.

Still, I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere else yet, so it could be Reuters misreporting; it wouldn't be the first time.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3013483)   #27
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really sad news...

After Sebring, if Audi blows everyone away (without peugeot..., difficult to think otherwise...), maybe ACO will think again about parity between diesel and petrol cars, to inject a little interest in Le Mans race and WEC...
And, without Peugeot, Audi probably will scale down their effort a bit..., won´t they?^
:-(
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3013486)   #28
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettracing View Post
Still, I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere else yet, so it could be Reuters misreporting; it wouldn't be the first time.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...125421&page=84

Unfortunately it's confirmed by various sources including DSC.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3013487)   #29
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know I don't what to face these facts.

But i want to see it officially from Peugeot before i believe it!

I'm so gutted! - This is the first year i'm going to Le Mans, and Peugeot won't be there
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3013488)   #30
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
This might have a trickle-down effect.
What significant reasoning does Audi now have for more than two entries at LM?
The 2011 race.

I know what you mean though.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:44 (Ref:3013489)   #31
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
This is the first year i'm going to Le Mans, and Peugeot won't be there
Same with me and Sebring. I think I might just pull the plug on that one.

Pretty sure none of my non-hardcore-sportscar-fan-friends is gonna come along to watch a total blowout.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:45 (Ref:3013490)   #32
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I'm speechless, what a ridiculous and idiotic decision. By now the development of the 2012 car must be rather complete, they could have done Le Mans at least....

Complete overreaction, I guess Wurz had the right hunch this winter. So sad for everyone involved, hard to imagine how they must be feeling now.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:45 (Ref:3013491)   #33
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just read the other thread. Well, that's a bit ****e. Just as sportscar racing seemed to be gaining some momentum. Le Mans/WEC is going to be boring unless Toyota suddenly come out of the box with a very competitive car (it visually looks good) and step up to do all the rounds.

As others have said, what would Audi's reason for staying be now. They have no immediate, season-long rivals. Hmm...

Also, could one of the mods merge this with the 908 thread?
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3013494)   #34
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I know I don't what to face these facts.

But i want to see it officially from Peugeot before i believe it!

I'm so gutted! - This is the first year i'm going to Le Mans, and Peugeot won't be there
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97080

Quote:
"This decision has been taken in the context of a difficult economic environment in Europe," Peugeot said in a statement on Wednesday. "Peugeot has chosen to concentrate resources on its sales performance in 2012."
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3013495)   #35
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Think there will be a few people scrambling for the phone.

I can only hope this gives some manufacturers the feeling they can come in and possibly sneak a win.

I'm looking at you Honda/Nissan.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:49 (Ref:3013497)   #36
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I'm speechless, what a ridiculous and idiotic decision. By now the development of the 2012 car must be rather complete, they could have done Le Mans at least....

Complete overreaction, I guess Wurz had the right hunch this winter. So sad for everyone involved, hard to imagine how they must be feeling now.

This isn't an emotional decision, it is a business decision... and one that has been kind of expected.

With a heap of luck, perhaps a privateer will step in, but it is incredibly late in the game to hope for such a thing.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:51 (Ref:3013499)   #37
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
This isn't an emotional decision, it is a business decision... and one that has been kind of expected.

With a heap of luck, perhaps a privateer will step in, but it is incredibly late in the game to hope for such a thing.
There is just so many things NOT making ANY sense.

Why appoint Oliver Quesnel head of a team which get's the axe!?
- He's out of a job!
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:51 (Ref:3013502)   #38
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No #1 car this year then.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:52 (Ref:3013504)   #39
Plex
Rookie

Plex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In shock....Cant believe it...
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:52 (Ref:3013507)   #40
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Didn't see that one coming, major blow to us sportscar fans.
Hope it won't turn out into an Audi only show like we had a decade ago.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3013509)   #41
vogelmann4
Rookie

vogelmann4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just bought the flight tickets to Sebring 30 minutes before this, timing is everything.

Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:55 (Ref:3013514)   #42
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Same with me and Sebring. I think I might just pull the plug on that one.

Pretty sure none of my non-hardcore-sportscar-fan-friends is gonna come along to watch a total blowout.
There are other classes racing.

Also P1 petrol just got much more interesting.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3013515)   #43
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
>non-hardcore-sportscar-fan-friends

>interest in something other than the lead battle

Pick 1
Old 18 Jan 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3013516)   #44
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
http://peugeot-media.com/index.php?n...=167&langue=en
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3013517)   #45
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, if a team like Pescarolo could could find financial partner´s, Peugeot could run in 2012 Le Mans.

I think that are several team interested in running a Peugeot, but they need to have soem money to do it.

I´m SAD
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3013518)   #46
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peugeot's withdrawal from the off, it is really a bad thing.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3013519)   #47
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
There is just so many things NOT making ANY sense.

Why appoint Oliver Quesnel head of a team which get's the axe!?
- He's out of a job!

I'm not sure why this doesn't make sense. Business runs status quo, until things change. They hire, they fire, they test... as if things were going to run forever. That is what business does. Boards of directors do not put things on hold, if they are thinking about something, until a decision is made. Things continue, as is, until a decision is made, and then it either continues, or is cut. It makes perfect sense.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3013520)   #48
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post

I am not sure you can run a Peugeot 908 so easily... If I was a privateer I would choose a customer-bound car like Oreca, Lola or Zytek, with adequate technical support. Pulling the plug on the programme will mean no further spares will be made for Peugeot. When Porsche retired the works Penske LMP2´s they still made them available to privateers, mainly because they had clients and there was an endurance racing programme active for 911´s, so with this department just producing spares they still had a competitive car running out there and winning-racing for Porsche. Peugeot seems to pull the plug completely, so it won´t support (hope not, but...) anyone..., well that´s what i think...
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3013521)   #49
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Well, if a team like Pescarolo could could find finatial partner´s, Peugeot could run in 2012 Le Mans.

I think that are several team interested in running a Peugeot, but they need to have soem money to do it.

I´m SAD
Time and Money... it is very late in the game to try and put together such a program.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3013523)   #50
ronnie peterson
Rookie

Turkey
Istanbul
ronnie peterson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hindy just tweeted:

"As we have been reporting the choice given to Quisnel was budget for this year OR for 2014 development NOT both. Strakka Wec champs?"

https://twitter.com/#!/specutainment