Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Sep 2019, 09:52 (Ref:3925735)   #51
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post

Flicking through some old pics today and came across these two.
Eastern Creek 1999 vrs SMP 2018
I was thinking about all the trumpeting Supercars did about the size of the crowd at that night race when the hill in the background tells a different story....
I think your point is valid generally.Looking at old videos from Townsville for instance the crowds are less than half of what they were 10 years ago.
However your specific example isn’t valid.At the night race last year they fenced off large parts of the spectator areas and that section at the top of the straight was blocked off from public access.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3925872)   #52
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was thinking about all the trumpeting Supercars did about the size of the crowd at that night race when the hill in the background tells a different story
Spot on, I notice the difference at Winton, the crowds there used to be huge, virtually no gaps on the fence from the old main straight through turn 3 all the was to turn 12. Now there are huge gaps everywhere. The campground is still pretty full though

Although Winton still attracts one of the biggest crowds of any of the permanent tracks
Old 4 Sep 2019, 22:19 (Ref:3925892)   #53
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Spot on, I notice the difference at Winton, the crowds there used to be huge, virtually no gaps on the fence from the old main straight through turn 3 all the was to turn 12. Now there are huge gaps everywhere. The campground is still pretty full though

Although Winton still attracts one of the biggest crowds of any of the permanent tracks
Look at the Sandown races from the early to mid 1980's

People at every vantage point.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 05:26 (Ref:3925919)   #54
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you came to Darwin again AP you would be amazed at the changes in 13 years. There is virtually no corporate and the numbers are way down.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 23:46 (Ref:3926092)   #55
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ditto for the Adelaide 500, You couldn't move for hitting corporate boxes around the racecourse years ago. Now its all GA. I think they boost attendance numbers by letting the schoolkids in for free on Thursday/Friday
Old 6 Sep 2019, 00:47 (Ref:3926096)   #56
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I was thinking about all the trumpeting Supercars did about the size of the crowd at that night race when the hill in the background tells a different story....
Except that bottom photo wasnt from the night race at SMP.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 03:22 (Ref:3926790)   #57
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Look at the Sandown races from the early to mid 1980's

People at every vantage point.
Why doesnt Sandown take advantage of the no AFL footy
weekend at the end of August - fair dinkum unbelievable !!