Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Dec 2018, 11:36 (Ref:3872356)   #251
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
'Definitely know nothing about Bentley suits, how can you tell?
Just read the ad on eBay......
Old 25 Dec 2018, 22:14 (Ref:3872382)   #252
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just read the ad on eBay......
I did and don't see how one can tell it's wrong.

The name on the suit is right. The year is right. I'm just not a lert in this case I guess....

"This is your chance to own Stephane Ortelli's race worn suit from the 2001 24 Hours of Le Mans"
(https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283314500...m=283314500959)

69émes Grand Prix d'Endurance les 24 Heures du Mans 2001
37 DNF 7 Team Bentley, GB
Bentley Exp Speed 8 - Audi
Martin Brundle, GB
Stephane Ortelli, F
Guy Smith, GB
(http://www.experiencelemans.com/cont...d_Results.html)

jimclark
Old 26 Dec 2018, 10:36 (Ref:3872411)   #253
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I think Bentley03 means that he is a supporter of one of the 2003 winners, Kristensen, Capello or Smith, and not necessarily Ortelli, although he is a good driver in his own right.
Old 26 Dec 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3872445)   #254
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I think Bentley03 means that he is a supporter of one of the 2003 winners, Kristensen, Capello or Smith, and not necessarily Ortelli, although he is a good driver in his own right.
Have you ever been driven by James?
Old 26 Dec 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3872453)   #255
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have.......
Old 26 Dec 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3872469)   #256
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
You two jesters know perfectly well I meant Ortelli when I said "he is a good driver in his own right"
Old 26 Dec 2018, 18:32 (Ref:3872481)   #257
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
'Nothing to do with the offering.

jimclark
Old 26 Dec 2018, 18:37 (Ref:3872484)   #258
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I have.......
Were you scared? Did it hurt at first?

jimclark
Old 26 Dec 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3872485)   #259
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I got used to it.......
Old 26 Dec 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3872488)   #260
jimclark
Veteran

United States

jimclark
Old 26 Dec 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3872491)   #261
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Butt, did you like it?

Okay. Okay. I promise to stop now....

(edit: Psssttt...We gotta meet someday. 'Too much fun. )

jimclark
Old 26 Dec 2018, 20:05 (Ref:3872507)   #262
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We must indeed....

And yes, I've always enjoyed driving with James......
Old 26 Dec 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3872510)   #263
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The best place to meet is at the meet on Saturday, we will all be there, Oh and i suppose James is ok at driving but then again i have only experienced it once about 6 years ago so that might indicate something. For some reason there are quiet a few people who refuse lifts from me.
Old 26 Dec 2018, 22:10 (Ref:3872526)   #264
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Somehow I think, I'm not sure tho', we have a failure to communicate here.....

Methinks, however, it's best left alone.

Ayse, I PMed you.

Last edited by jimclark; 26 Dec 2018 at 22:29.

jimclark
Old 27 Dec 2018, 03:24 (Ref:3872562)   #265
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, definitely best left alone.....
Old 2 Jan 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3873614)   #266
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Acquired one of these over Christmas, there might still be a few examples available out there!

Old 2 Jan 2019, 18:19 (Ref:3873658)   #267
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Whoop dee-doo! If I was a 'vette fan I'd think about it. However, I was soooo happy when ferrari and A-M beat 'em....

jimclark
Old 2 Jan 2019, 18:55 (Ref:3873676)   #268
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I like it when they win. They seemed to get the rough end of the stick most of the time while the others bleat more successfully.....
Old 2 Jan 2019, 22:53 (Ref:3873725)   #269
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I like it when they win. They seemed to get the rough end of the stick most of the time while the others bleat more successfully.....
"the rough end of the stick" "others bleat more successfully"
I'm not going to ask about the innuendo.....
(I know, I know...no mas, I promise...'couldn't help it, you opened the door (back?)... )

Edit: Seriously, what's a Clio and who makes it? Sewing machine motor? We no gots them over here, right? I'm not lazy, I will Google.
Edit II: Never mind. 'Got it. I wuz t'inkin' it was more like that silly little rollerskate Fiat....

Last edited by jimclark; 2 Jan 2019 at 23:07.

jimclark
Old 3 Jan 2019, 01:39 (Ref:3873731)   #270
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Acquired one of these over Christmas, there might still be a few examples available out there!

I cheered on the Prodrive Ferraris in those battles but that’s a cool jigsaw to have. I’d happily sit down and lose a few hours doing that
Old 3 Jan 2019, 02:06 (Ref:3873735)   #271
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Not necessarily a Vette fan myself (although I really liked the PSI cars a decade or so ago) but to get a racing jigsaw is pretty cool (especially when it's a sportscar). I have two devoted Vette fans among my friends so that added to the excitement!
Old 4 Jan 2019, 14:11 (Ref:3873948)   #272
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Here's a piece of memorabilia from the Peugeot days.....

I have to own up to a bit of cheek though - this is my sale......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113521845...84.m1555.l2649
Old 4 Jan 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3873973)   #273
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
me oh my are you finally clearing out some of your massive stock of le mans related items, has your wife finally had enough of collection taking over the house.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 16:20 (Ref:3873978)   #274
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I must admit I've been having a bit of a clear up today. I only bought these on a whim and I'm never likely to use them (as frankly I have a better set) so I thought I'd see if I could make a bob or two.....
Old 29 Jan 2019, 09:31 (Ref:3880373)   #275
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Enjoy any physical tickets while you can I guess. Is it possible to get e-ticket general admission for Le Mans yet?

By the way if any of the 'veterans' want to post a picture of their ticket collection I'd be interested to see.

Well, it took rather longer to do this than I originally thought, but having now acquired tickets for my 'missing' years, I've now put them all up on my site. It wasn't until I re-read my original tickets page (which dated back about 15 years) that I realised that I hadn't lost those tickets, I just didn't hang onto them at the time.

So if anyone wants to take a look, you can find them from a link on my homepage. I've not put the link here (as a mod I should honour the rule against the self-promotion of my site), however for the uninitiated, just click on my name above my avatar and it will give you the option of going to my homepage.
Attached Thumbnails
tickets.gif