Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Apr 2001, 00:31 (Ref:76308)   #1
gp19
Rookie

gp19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there something wrong with the Williams car ? On the other hand, all there drivers have a blocking problem. Let me explain, as I was looking at the tape of Jax hitting the back of Ralf. I Notice there are similarity with what happen today to Montoya, and Ralf, again today. Look at the way the car slows down way to fast, like if the gear selector was skipping a gear down. Example from 5 to 2, instead 5 to 3. I think to many people rear end the Williams with out explanation. Could that be the problem?
Have a sssssssupper week GP19
Old 2 Apr 2001, 00:36 (Ref:76309)   #2
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, thanx, I will have supper this week...lol.
I don't think any car can slow down faster than the others...they always break on the limit.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 01:21 (Ref:76325)   #3
ma
Racer

ma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the 'box skipped a gear or 2 incorrectly, you'd see the rear tire's lock up( or, at the least, a puff of rubber smoke) for an instant & the car would spin out.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 02:19 (Ref:76350)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I agree with ma, you do have to admit that the William's rear end seems to be a bit of a car magnet. I mean once or twice is just bad luck, but three times makes you wonder...
Old 2 Apr 2001, 02:27 (Ref:76355)   #5
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess they're all jealous of "BMW POWER" !
Old 2 Apr 2001, 02:34 (Ref:76359)   #6
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Good point Mania...they have all the reasons to be...lol!
Old 2 Apr 2001, 07:38 (Ref:76425)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
It's a conspiracy !

Mercedes engineers have developed a "Moron magnet" and attached it to the rear wing of the Beamers. Initial tests were on Ralfs car, and after Melbourne & Sepang, the program was expanded to Montoya's Car.

They had plans to attach the device to Rubino's Car, But they thought they would raise suspicion when the ferrari started doing donuts like a dog chasing its own tail.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 08:23 (Ref:76429)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yes, his rear end is rather nice....oh, the car..ok...

what about the williams brakes? perhaps they are particularly effective...
Old 2 Apr 2001, 12:57 (Ref:76535)   #9
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think montoyas incident was far different from the one ralf had in melbourne. Jos just didn't stop, or braket too late. Shame for my countryman(montoya) who had a great race. I also think there is something wrong with williams brakes, THEY WORK.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 15:21 (Ref:76575)   #10
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not at all Kuchi, Jos even braked 30 metres earlier dan he did before in that corner. Don't forget: the Willams did have brake problems in some corners....
Old 3 Apr 2001, 16:58 (Ref:76962)   #11
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey! Maybe Montoya brought his team sponsor with him from Champcars - TARGET - and the decal has been discreetly applied to the Williams rear wing!!

You never know, the wings are usually destroyed before anyone has a chance to notice!!
Old 9 Apr 2001, 17:30 (Ref:78984)   #12
gp19
Rookie

. Look at the way the car slows down way to fast, like if the gear selector was skipping a gear down. Example from 5 to 2, instead 5 to 3. I think to many people rear end the Williams with out explanation. Could that be the problem?
Have a sssssssupper week GP19
Old 9 Apr 2001, 17:49 (Ref:78992)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Bella said.

Jacques and Jos had the same problem with the Williams. In their eagerness to see what was making the Williams go so fast, they forgot to brake.

If both cars are whacked up the bootlid in the next race, it will definitely have to be considered something awry with the Williams.

That, or it's aliens.
Old 10 Apr 2001, 08:16 (Ref:79154)   #14
rene s
Rookie

rene s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi I am new here.

I have posted this theory on other sites regarding the williams rear end jobs.
I think Williams have figured out that michelin have better grip and wear than bridgestone.
Notice how all of a sudden the bmw has plenty of grunt.I dont think its just engine development.I think williams are setting up their cars with less downforce in order to gain top end speed. They are relying on the tyres for grip and it seems to be working.Thats probably the reason why both Ralf and Montoya have been breaking a little earlier.Less downforce means earlier breaking.Montoya stayed out a while in brazil and on so called old tyres was managing to pull faster laps than M schumacher.
Old 10 Apr 2001, 09:50 (Ref:79174)   #15
JoMiSaP
Rookie

JoMiSaP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Williams are braking so early why did TGF stay so close to Montoya for several laps without hitting him?

I think Verstappen simply forgot to brake. He was thinking of regaining the racing line after letting Montoya pass and the next thing he knew was that he was riding on top of the Williams.
Old 10 Apr 2001, 10:40 (Ref:79187)   #16
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On many slow sections, you could actually see MS poking his nose right into the back of the Williams...and remember that MS is an extremely skillful driver, with lightning reflexes...a characteristic that seperates the best such as MS, JPM, JV from the lesser Mazza and Tarsos...and in fact, MS is one of those who drives with unpredictable brakings and accelerations when someone is following him...thus, both JPM and MS were good enough to fight so closely without casualty....

And that is what i want..two of the best fighting for position...for a couple of laps...
Old 10 Apr 2001, 10:59 (Ref:79200)   #17
JoMiSaP
Rookie

JoMiSaP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ok, then a less skillful driver than Montoya and TGF should be more careful when lapped.

Of course Verstappen doesn't know he is less skillful, after all every GP driver thinks he is the best.

Old 11 Apr 2001, 11:10 (Ref:79418)   #18
gp19
Rookie

After a race incident between Jos Verstappen and Juan Pablo Montoya at the Brazilian GP, Verstappen raised the following concern: "It shows a 35 or 40 metre difference. What's happening with the Williams? It happened in Melbourne, it happened again to Ralf in this race, and now it happened to Montoya in the race. Obviously, they're really going very quick in a straight line. Maybe they're running very little down force, and maybe they have to brake early."form auto race. what do you think
GP19
Old 11 Apr 2001, 11:23 (Ref:79429)   #19
petrobras_babe
Rookie

petrobras_babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmm very nice

yes montoya does have a nice rear end doesn't he lol

Tags
jpm