Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 Aug 2018, 20:01 (Ref:3845057)   #151
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
fieldodreams79, can you upload those photos to Wikipedia?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:UploadWizard
Old 20 Aug 2018, 23:52 (Ref:3845093)   #152
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
fieldodreams79, can you upload those photos to Wikipedia?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:UploadWizard
I've never done so and I'd rather not put someone's photos in wikipedia. Not sure its kosher to do so here either but we're all friends here right?
Old 22 Aug 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3845459)   #153
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, I thought the photos were yours.
Old 23 Aug 2018, 01:24 (Ref:3845476)   #154
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Oh, I thought the photos were yours.
No. The track is pretty well secure and probably only accessible by secret passage or hidden dirt entrance. Not gonna tempt getting in while driving a rental.

I did get into another one more local and I need to find those pics that I do own,
Old 24 Aug 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3845719)   #155
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The track is pretty well secure and probably only accessible by secret passage or hidden dirt entrance. Not gonna tempt getting in while driving a rental.
Not sure about secret passages or hidden dirt entrances, but we just wandered in after parking at the driving range.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 13:35 (Ref:3845766)   #156
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
Not sure about secret passages or hidden dirt entrances, but we just wandered in after parking at the driving range.
Sweet! I still have work down that way and I may just stop by and do that while dodging golf balls!

Always a bit nervous wandering into someone else's property in GA...
Old 26 Aug 2018, 21:20 (Ref:3846387)   #157
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It would be nice then to see the control tower restored to it's former glory (on the outside at least), not just a graffiti covered mess....
+1

I actually saw the tower today, it's now visible from the motorway since there are no trees around it. It looks really sorry for itself, nothing there to hint about its glory days.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3846389)   #158
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Foul in Game
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But at least it's there. Like the restored pit buildings at Reims. Unlike Rouen where the locals have literally erased the circuit.....
Old 26 Aug 2018, 22:10 (Ref:3846402)   #159
dwh43scale
Racer

United Kingdom
In exile from Derbyshire in t'South
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
And I would love to visit Clermont-Ferrand. A beastly mini-Nurburgring in a volcano.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/08/...rmont-ferrand/
We drove it earlier this year. It is both impressive and scary.
Old 8 Sep 2018, 18:28 (Ref:3848882)   #160
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
- error -

Last edited by BudLightJaguar; 8 Sep 2018 at 18:47.
Old 9 Sep 2018, 10:32 (Ref:3849008)   #161
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
Not really an abandoned track but a to-be MotoGP venue KymiRing (hopefully in 2020). I visited there yesterday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126204...57671044512257

Last edited by BudLightJaguar; 9 Sep 2018 at 10:55.