Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Jun 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3912224)   #76
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's clear Tingram is prety much out of the title fight

if he stayed with the Avensis he may be near the top
Old 16 Jun 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3912225)   #77
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ugh... getting bored of seeing BMW winning now. Sadly expecting more of the same at Oulton..!
Old 16 Jun 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3912228)   #78
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
That isn't litter, It's destroyed gazebo because some Stanley blade happy **** couldn't be bothered to get up early enough to claim themselves a prime spot.

Not me guv - I am the guy , who if I can be arsed to go to BTCC , is in before 8. The gazebo problem is caused by the people who think watching racing live means never moving from one spot all day ...
Old 16 Jun 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3912230)   #79
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Decision to go on slicks was pointless - and it was even more so in Ingram's case. Starting third, having quite a lot of water around the track, it was really forcing the issue. He could've easily finished on podium if starting on wets. At least he tried some rallycrossing...
Old 16 Jun 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3912232)   #80
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
TBH I was thinking slicks was going to prove the right choice if you could survive the opening laps. If the race had started 10 minutes later the result could well have been different.

The Toyota is coming along, but not quickly. One car and a not massive budget vs WSRs three quality drivers and three times the data is evident.

I really do fancy AJ for the title; that car looks like it was made for him. Anyone punt any money before the season started? I'm also hoping he'll gain a new sponsor for next year, don't want the curse of Colin to strike him!
Old 16 Jun 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3912237)   #81
porsche962fan
Veteran

the new standings

Turks 143
Cook 132
Sutton 130
Jordan 117
Neal 115
Butcher 113
Chilton 111
Cammish 97
Ingram 96
Plato 93

everyone bellow Plato is pretty much out of title picture

did Tordoff's rotten luck move over to Butcher ?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3912248)   #82
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I really do fancy AJ for the title; that car looks like it was made for him. Anyone punt any money before the season started? I'm also hoping he'll gain a new sponsor for next year, don't want the curse of Colin to strike him!
I put a tenner on AJ and a tenner on Tordoff at the start of the year. 9/1 on AJ, which looks much more likely than Tordoff at 14/1.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 20:23 (Ref:3912270)   #83
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
TBH I was thinking slicks was going to prove the right choice if you could survive the opening laps. If the race had started 10 minutes later the result could well have been different.

The Toyota is coming along, but not quickly. One car and a not massive budget vs WSRs three quality drivers and three times the data is evident.

I hope Toyota will add a second car next year - as far as I remember it was the plan and hopefully it'll come to fruition. Without that, they'd struggle to challenge BMWs and Hondas and it would hinder Toyota's chances in manufacturers championship (does it have any significance?)

When it comes to AJ I'd also love to see him winning this year and hopefully he'll stay in BTCC and WSR. Why not him being in the second 'official' BMW? And Sutton in third... okay, that's wishful thinking
Old 16 Jun 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3912287)   #84
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm happy with how the season is going. The best/fast cars are doing the winning like they should. The 3 races today were won by drivers who had been up there on pace all weekend. No Mickey Mouse wins for rank outsiders so far this season. Good stuff!
Old 16 Jun 2019, 22:22 (Ref:3912306)   #85
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
When it comes to AJ I'd also love to see him winning this year and hopefully he'll stay in BTCC and WSR. Why not him being in the second 'official' BMW? And Sutton in third... okay, that's wishful thinking
Just needs to bring the £500k budget required...
Old 16 Jun 2019, 23:51 (Ref:3912325)   #86
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see smiley has a 5 place grid penalty next round for shunting goff off...
Old 17 Jun 2019, 00:35 (Ref:3912332)   #87
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good weekend of racing there

Well done AJ, he’s really looking like a proper title contender. First time since 2014 IMHO

Chilton, glad he got to keep the win this time. He deserves it after a weekend of hard work. Ollie Jackson, shame that bale ruined his R1, but still a good weekend all in all

Cook, now he’s looking a real contender with his consistency. Smiley looked good too, shame that incident with Sutton in R2 ruined his weekend

As for the Porsches, what a plonker Dan Harper was on that final lap, he was lucky he was able to get going and still win. And R2 was almost a perfect race from a viewer’s point

It seems if you want money fast, run a car wash at Croft

Finally it’s great to see they are running Silverstone on two different layouts for next season
Old 17 Jun 2019, 07:09 (Ref:3912367)   #88
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got back from my first visit to Croft - and found an email from the circuit apologising for the issues with access due to weather.
A good response from them, and definitely seems that they care about the experience of spectators.

So how did my first visit go?

Sat Nav suggested an arrival time of 1100hrs - which was straying consistent until 7 minutes away from the circuit. Then traffic came to a standstill, and it took a further 1hr15 to get parked. So missed the start of the first race.
Staff were friendly, helpful and in good spirits, so praise should go to them.
I appreciate the weather was out of their control, but they still made every effort to get everyone in as best as they could. I was concerned when cars were sliding in the mud trying to get into the car park, and in the back of my mind I was fearing the chaos that might occur when leaving.

Once parked up, and into the circuit, the day was enjoyable. It was definitely not a £2 burger place though - £8.50 for a Cheeseburger seemed to be the standard rate!

As with most circuits, if you are not their at the crack of dawn, you tend to find all of the decent viewing spots are taken up by tents and shelters - seemingly abandoned for the day in a lot of cases, with the owners reappearing every few hours, taking up the space of small office for just 2/3 people. I know it's not a Croft specific issue, but I really feel there should be certain areas of viewing where any form of shelter/tent/gazebo is not permitted.

Mid way through the afternoon, when the sun came out, I saw plenty of people disposing of their ponchos - a definite mistake they regretted later!

The circuit pa system leaves quite a bit to be desired. The coverage is very limited, and means that at various parts of the track you have no supporting information other than what is on track in front of you. I was expecting a large screen - the circuit map provided for the event shows 2. Not sure why they weren't in place?

The most enjoyable racing for the day came in the support packages - even the Porsches were not processional - but the BTCC races were a little bit disappointing.
I'm not expecting smashes and continual action - but there seemed to be no hint of challenges for the lead across all 3 races. Perhaps the ballast should be put back up again a bit?

Time to leave came - the car parks, as expected, where very muddy by this point. The staff were faultless though in their support to getting out, pushing and dragging cars as needed and ensuring all (I hope) got away safely and smoothly, alebit very muddy.
Exiting did not take anywhere near as long as I have experienced at other circuits (I'm looking at you Silverstone/Brands). And it probably took less than 15mins from starting the car to being on open road.

Gratitude is due to all the staff for their work during the day - organisers, marshals, stewards, and even team crews from being friendly yet efficient in everything they did. But special thanks to the car park staff - without them it could have been a very different day, and I'm sure some of them are still trying to get the mud out of ears and noses!

If I could offer one bit of feedback into their post-event review - more straw in the car parks may have helped to prevent the mud being as bad.

Old 17 Jun 2019, 07:20 (Ref:3912372)   #89
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I was expecting a large screen - the circuit map provided for the event shows 2. Not sure why they weren't in place?
They posted an explanation/apology on social media on Sunday morning. The big screens were supposed to be on grass areas but the ground but after all the rain, the ground was too soft.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 08:37 (Ref:3912376)   #90
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
They posted an explanation/apology on social media on Sunday morning. The big screens were supposed to be on grass areas but the ground but after all the rain, the ground was too soft.
Ah - that makes sense. I did guess that was probably the case, I hadn't seen any social media though so was not aware.

Again - it didn't ruin the day, just a query I had at the time.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3912445)   #91
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Question for anybody: the Subaru did not get it's customary advantage of good drive out of the corners.

To my mind nobody seemed to be struggling for drive... has the new tarmac levelled the playing field?
Old 17 Jun 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3912482)   #92
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Question for anybody: the Subaru did not get it's customary advantage of good drive out of the corners.

To my mind nobody seemed to be struggling for drive... has the new tarmac levelled the playing field?
Just watched all three races as I was away for the weekend. Sutton seemed to be getting a good punch out of the hairpin but it was cancelled out by the straight line speed advantage of the cars he was against.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3912847)   #93
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know what was in this video trade price cars had to delete and apologise to Tom Chilton for?
Old 19 Jun 2019, 12:26 (Ref:3912860)   #94
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Does anyone know what was in this video trade price cars had to delete and apologise to Tom Chilton for?
What's all this about?
Old 19 Jun 2019, 14:12 (Ref:3912884)   #95
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
What's all this about?
No idea 6 posts on the @tpcracingbtcc twitter apologising about a video they put out which seemingly offended Chilli
Old 19 Jun 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3912937)   #96
porsche962fan
Veteran

Sutton doesn't want to be Mr. Consistent !

hmm isn't that what got Turks the title last year with only a single win ?

and this line Sutton basicly admited they had that advanatge with handling

Quote:
It’s frustrating as a driver when you are doing things that some other people can’t do, and it still isn’t enough.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3912964)   #97
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
They did a video call ‘Straight out of Croft’ , it was a very light hearted Micky taking video about how they were going to blow all the opposition away. All teams and a lot of drivers got a mention, but someone somewhere had a sense of humour failure and took offence to the saying something along the lines of ‘Jake took a hit from Chilton’ and in the response Zak from TPR who stars in the video kicked a box of Shedded Wheat. The whole video was done in a humorous way, so I struggle to see why anyone would get so upset. Obviously too many ❄️ about in the paddock.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 20:16 (Ref:3912967)   #98
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
They did a video call ‘Straight out of Croft’ , it was a very light hearted Micky taking video about how they were going to blow all the opposition away. All teams and a lot of drivers got a mention, but someone somewhere had a sense of humour failure and took offence to the saying something along the lines of ‘Jake took a hit from Chilton’ and in the response Zak from TPR who stars in the video kicked a box of Shedded Wheat. The whole video was done in a humorous way, so I struggle to see why anyone would get so upset. Obviously too many ❄️ about in the paddock.
Remember that Chilton had this to say about Blundell recently:
'I honestly think he shouldn’t be in this championship because he’s that far off – it’s dangerous.'
So I would imagine the teams might not be at the light-hearted jovial stage yet?
Old 19 Jun 2019, 21:31 (Ref:3912977)   #99
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
It was a parody rap of Straight Outta Compton, young Zaki from TPR fancies himself as a bit of a rapper, it's all usually send ups they do, as was this one. Think they could have chosen the team they said about 'hitting' their driver better, especially as Chilton lost his Brands win from his contact and then Blundell's and Chilton's clash.

However going crying to TOCA I think was off, surely a quick word to the Team boss could have resolved the issue more quickly and less embarrassingly for all parties involved.

There is a good reason Chilton is known as Chilly to some, because he is such a snowflake
Old 20 Jun 2019, 06:11 (Ref:3913024)   #100
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Is that it? Someone knocking over a packet of cereal? The way they were so apologetic sounded like they had implied something about Tom's lifestyle or something.
For goodness sake, yes what is wrong with a quiet word rather than running to TOCA, ovet the last couple of years I've lost a lot of respect for motorbase in general now.