Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 24 Dec 2002, 23:27 (Ref:457032)   #1
Craginn
Rookie

Craginn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cart.com dropping more hints??

Hey guys just checked out Cart.com...they are doing the cleaning progress getting ready for next year...they are updating the "Teams" and "Drivers" pages,dropped out the defectors(AGR,Ganassi) and putting next years teams.
Doing the same for the drivers too,but they left out several drivers who are still "rideless" for next season including:

Luis Diaz
Andre Lotterer
Max Papis
Tags and Vasser

Soooo if they don't have a ride yet for next season...why are they on the drivers page???
Oh I love silly season
Speculation ahoy

Merry Christmas everybody...
J.
Old 25 Dec 2002, 16:49 (Ref:457240)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good spotting !....i think i will go and have a look .

happy christmas too
Old 25 Dec 2002, 17:34 (Ref:457266)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, I think they've just left in as many drivers as they reasonably can, all those guys have every chance of being on the grid, and of course they want to make the page look as impressive as possible at this stage.

Last edited by BootsOntheSide; 25 Dec 2002 at 17:37.
Old 25 Dec 2002, 23:24 (Ref:457383)   #4
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dunno, it may hint to something, all those drivers can be linked into rumours somehow -

Tagliani - Rocketsports
Diaz - Fernandez
Vasser - American Spirit
Lotterer - Coyne
Papis - Anywhere
Old 26 Dec 2002, 00:22 (Ref:457415)   #5
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is american spirit Stefan Johansson's team? if so, I think your'e right DNQ about Vasser. The only other place I think he'd go is the NASCAR Busch Series.
Old 26 Dec 2002, 01:35 (Ref:457443)   #6
Craginn
Rookie

Craginn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Pook said that Vasser will be back in CART next year so I'm sure he is gonna be with Johansson.

J.
Old 26 Dec 2002, 10:49 (Ref:457569)   #7
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Call it D&G or whatever, but I find cart.com to be unusually irresponsible lately. They pulled off the Lavin confirmation with Eric Mauk posting elsewhere that it was premature. They've screwed around with the Newman-Haas announcements.

Now this:

http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=5342

Dave Phillips, their lead writer, calls the series "Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series PRESENTED by Ford" and no editor catches it. They undoubtedly will change it as soon as someone in the CART office reads this.

First Pook at the banquet (calling it the "Indy Car" World Series), now their lead writer can't get the name of the series correct.

Just a small added touch of professionalism here would help in judging what in the world CART has as a product next year.
Old 26 Dec 2002, 12:36 (Ref:457617)   #8
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if I would call it Doom&Gloom so much as I would call it KnitPicking. These things that you mention are so incredibly minor that they barely register on anyones radar. For instance, I'm not even sure what you mean by their screwing up the Newman-Haus announcements.
For me CART.com is one of the best professional sports sights around. Hell; 'Speed on Demand' alone is well worth the price of admission. The company is in a state of flux, so I think some MINOR glitches can be forgiven.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 26 Dec 2002, 12:43 (Ref:457618)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Exactly - CART.com smashes any offering by the governing bodies of Formula 1, IRL, Superbikes etc etc. Only the ALMS and MotoGP sites are close to as good.
Old 26 Dec 2002, 14:02 (Ref:457656)   #10
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, maybe nitpicking is a better term and maybe I'm guilty of it. And yeah, their bells and whistles are great.

I'm not sure that "forgiven" is the right word. Regardless of these small things, life and CART will go on. I'm just saying credibility is diminished somewhat when you put all these little things lately together, at least in my mind.

And I'm not sure that Bridgestone and Ford would agree that the name of the series they sponsor being correct on the CART website is "incredibly minor."
Old 26 Dec 2002, 14:15 (Ref:457661)   #11
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by indycool
And I'm not sure that Bridgestone and Ford would agree that the name of the series they sponsor being correct on the CART website is "incredibly minor."
Well i suppose it isn't incredibly minor when you have an opposing agenda, and want to hold it up as some kind of beacon of doom. But the reality is that the Typo is in an article that will only run for a short period of time and probably only be read by strong fans of the series.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 27 Dec 2002, 10:48 (Ref:458052)   #12
indycool
Veteran

Not holding it up as a "beacon of doom." Not doing an opposing agenda. It's not a typo, it's a stupid mistake. You're right. It'll go away. But it's an embarrassment and it's unprofessional.
Old 27 Dec 2002, 21:41 (Ref:458439)   #13
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
indycool,

Tony George's snafu after last years IRL 500, and failing to post the real winner (PAUL TRACY!) is an embarrassment and it's unprofessional.
Old 28 Dec 2002, 17:07 (Ref:458962)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Expecting the IRL to be professional is expecting a lot.

As a person who helps run a website I know that mistakes will happen -- and Panoz had "Stars and STIPES" on their website headline for three days last year. They are a very professional outfit but it was a typo, that was all.

TG cheating Paul out of the win at Indy was not a typo.
Old 28 Dec 2002, 21:02 (Ref:459102)   #15
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Cart.com, like the CWS is in a state of transition and there's a mix of old and news stuff. I wouldn't expect it to be accurate until a few days before St. Petes, maybe not even then...

Also, the people that run the website have changed recently, so hopefully this won't affect the product, as IMO, it has been excellent over the past year.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 28 Dec 2002, 23:51 (Ref:459258)   #16
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
The website is due for a full relaunch on February 17, I have heard.
Old 29 Dec 2002, 01:41 (Ref:459309)   #17
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Has anybody else noticed that the pages take much longer to download than they used to? The format and options are much better, but it's not nearly as quick. (Like they placed their server in China.)