Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Apr 2020, 08:39 (Ref:3968172)   #126
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I've been playing a lot of records recently . . .. if you like the blues . . . . http://mixlr.com/zefarelly/showreel/blues-intro
Thanks zef.... love a bit of blues, just hope my woeful internet can cope with music without buffering... it cant do video. Seems to cope with your link tho atm
Old 2 Apr 2020, 09:02 (Ref:3968176)   #127
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Sorry, no Glen Miller though Bob
One for you Bob.... with a racing theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eayllywNxUw
Old 2 Apr 2020, 09:06 (Ref:3968177)   #128
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Killing floor ? It's from the BBC Radio sessions, originally released as a grey bootleg in the late 80's, same as the Led Zep riverside blues. Both were 'remastered' and some fully mucked about with, in the 90's and formally released, but kind of lost a little purity.
thanks

Quote:
I've got plenty more blues....
yes please
Old 2 Apr 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3968182)   #129
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
It's the wifes Birthday today . . .so I doubt I'll get time, but if not, tomorrow and some more over the weekend. . .
Old 2 Apr 2020, 10:38 (Ref:3968187)   #130
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
May I politely put Zef and EB right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7SBF-35Es

This is VERY much Bauble.

And talking of Da Bloose, you will find it hard to beat this, one of my al time favourite tracks. Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exFO-yH569o

Last edited by bauble; 2 Apr 2020 at 10:44.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 10:44 (Ref:3968192)   #131
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's the wifes Birthday today . . .so I doubt I'll get time, but if not, tomorrow and some more over the weekend. . .
I'll sing Happy Birthday Mrs Zef when I wash my hands, Joe'

I hope she enjoys the day.

Bob.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3968194)   #132
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Like this one in those circumstances…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYTuPbZwMOM

Chris Rea, a great singer/songwriter/guitarist and a racer/petrolhead too.... and he seems a great guy. What more could you want in a person.
Seen him twice live and he sounds just like his records with only a 4 piece backing band. Great shows.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 11:19 (Ref:3968195)   #133
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
This is "Frank" this morning. He lives in the field opposite our house and says "I've lived in isolation all my life and it's terrific" have a good day
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frank.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	59139
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Apr 2020, 11:38 (Ref:3968197)   #134
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
It's the wifes Birthday today . . . .
Good time of year to be born.... mines tomorrow (3rd) (well technically in about an hour my time)
Wont be going out anywhere to celebrate that is one thing for sure! A bottle of red and some of zef's blues sounds like a good night in!
Old 2 Apr 2020, 13:15 (Ref:3968213)   #135
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Good time of year to be born.... mines tomorrow (3rd) (well technically in about an hour my time)
Wont be going out anywhere to celebrate that is one thing for sure! A bottle of red and some of zef's blues sounds like a good night in!

same here, and a slice of cow to eat. Mrs Zef was born at the other end of the A1 from you. A drive I'd like to do next time we're out there. . . .if its not on fire!
Old 2 Apr 2020, 14:00 (Ref:3968222)   #136
bauble
Veteran

England
Isolation Blues.

Woke up this morning feeling all alone,
No one to talk to, no one else at home.
Put on the same shirt, that I wore yesterday,
I ain’t got a clean one, since she ran away.
Said I got that virus, just because I sneezed.
Took off like a hurricane, can’t say I’m not pleased.

I got those Isolation Blues, so won’t be wearing out my shoes,
Won’t be drinking down the pub, or going out for Chinese grub.
Staying home , on my own, she has flown, now ain’t that good news.

Dinner today was a just a joke,
No food in the freezer‘ ‘cos it’s broke
She took the car left just my bike,
And the local store is quite a hike,
When I checked the cupboard I surely cursed,
No beer, whiskey, or lager, how could things be worse.

I got those Isolation Blues, so won’t be wearing out my shoes,
Won’t be drinking down the pub, or going out for Chinese grub.
Staying home , on my own, she has flown, now ain’t that good news.

Staying home, staying home I got those Isolation Blues.

By Bauble the Bard

Can you put this to music Zef? We'll make a fortune.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3968306)   #137
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I'll try and have a look at that at the weekend . . .have a pianist and drummer in the house as well.

more blues anyone ?

http://mixlr.com/zefarelly/showreel/blues2

Probably do a few different things over the weekend, and another blues set next week. Bring back Paul Jones on R2!
Old 2 Apr 2020, 20:40 (Ref:3968319)   #138
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We run Garry Fletcher in one of my Delta FF2000 . Really nice bloke . Keeps inviting to see the Blues Band .Must go one day
Old 4 Apr 2020, 10:48 (Ref:3968554)   #139
bauble
Veteran

England
I discovered this while browsing the internet, I have NO IDEA, where it came from, but thought I recognised a few faces.

https://www.jibjab.com/view/make/chi...source=cordial

Baub
Old 4 Apr 2020, 14:46 (Ref:3968602)   #140
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Bob .Ive told Mike who was hilarious .Well done he needs all the cheering up we can give him .
Old 4 Apr 2020, 16:01 (Ref:3968623)   #141
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What in the name of all that is Holy is that? Funniest thing I've seen for ages
Old 5 Apr 2020, 07:12 (Ref:3968706)   #142
bauble
Veteran

England
Captions?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7341.JPG  
Old 5 Apr 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3968734)   #143
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Looking for the missing oil dipstick or checking the luggage? Where the heck is the spare wheel…*
Old 5 Apr 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3968769)   #144
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I'm sure I left those socks in here somewhere....
Old 5 Apr 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3968774)   #145
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"It's fine, we don't need to renew the boot lid struts...*

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 5 Apr 2020, 14:54 (Ref:3968777)   #146
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
"I know I put a roll of toilet paper in here when I left home...."
Old 5 Apr 2020, 15:13 (Ref:3968778)   #147
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
May be a kangaroo adjusting the spring rate…
Old 5 Apr 2020, 18:28 (Ref:3968798)   #148
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, this doesn't look like my Imp
Old 6 Apr 2020, 08:19 (Ref:3968863)   #149
bauble
Veteran

England
I am surprised that they are all 'decent', knowing the types that wander here, I was expecting a few 'tasteless' suggestions. Maybe it's me that needs to mend my ways.
Old 6 Apr 2020, 08:46 (Ref:3968866)   #150
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Captions?
It's one of us...I'm just trying to work out who!!

quite an old picture... but most likely saying.

"why's it so impossible to get the pin back in this f@*&ing fire extinguisher?"

or

"If I put my head at this angle I might be able to see the fuel level on this stupid viewing tube"