Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Dec 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3481925)   #51
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Isn't the EurAsia outfit basically the same as Murphy? Or are they going separate ways for 2015?
Old 4 Dec 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3481931)   #52
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just noticed this team with the creative name "Racing Technology" is considering an LMP2 entry for next year. I hope they enter, just to see them compete againstthe similarily named Race Performance. Now if Racing Engineering would join too...

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/bil...m-p2-des-2015/
Old 5 Dec 2014, 11:19 (Ref:3482181)   #53
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Isn't the EurAsia outfit basically the same as Murphy? Or are they going separate ways for 2015?
They have run separately this year, just leasing the car and will be separate and competing against Murphy next year. Not sure where their car will be coming from though as they won't have their current one. Slr car perhaps?
Old 5 Dec 2014, 12:04 (Ref:3482190)   #54
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurasia already confirmed their ELMS entry for next year with drivers Pu Jun Jin and Nick de Bruijn.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3482241)   #55
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Thx, lost track of that (this is the link confirming EurAsia's plans http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...issan-for-2015)

Good to see 'Quick Nick II' getting an alternative platform to show his capabilities.

Looks like Murphy intends to be back in the ELMS once more:

http://www.murphyprototypes.com/racing/html/index.html

Great to see the growing interest in regional prototype racing!
Old 5 Dec 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3482246)   #56
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Sebastien Loeb Racing confirm/announce anything regarding P2 2015? Won't surprise me if they won't do P2 in 2015 due to their WTCC entry and LMP3 car construction. Combined with their Audi R8 and Porsche Cup entries.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3482339)   #57
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...firms-priaulx/
Now this is quite interesting, Marc VDS will run a BMW Z4 GTE with Andy Priaulx and some other drivers in ELMS. No word on Le Mans or anythng else.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 22:10 (Ref:3482341)   #58
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Now this is quite interesting, Marc VDS will run a BMW Z4 GTE with Andy Priaulx and some other drivers in ELMS. No word on Le Mans or anythng else.
St Nicolas is an hour early - I dont complain
Old 5 Dec 2014, 22:16 (Ref:3482342)   #59
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice boost for the ELMS - cool to see.

Shame BMW didn't design a car capable of competing at Le Mans. I truly hope they factor that into the next programme.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3482347)   #60
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post

I just heard about this 5 minutes ago. Awesome to hear. Great to see Marc VDS step up into GTE and bring another brand to the ELMS GTE battle. The cars not cut out for Le Mans long straights and BMW have consistently said that they won't go back with this car.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 23:04 (Ref:3482357)   #61
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And there finally goes the excuse that Z4 hasn't been at LM is due to it not being fully ACO eglible... yeah right, as I've said it all along, ACO wouldn't have bothered to stick that camouflaged GT3 car on their official BoP sheets in 2013 if it wasn't fully ACO legal (well "legal" if we forgot waiver crap) in the first place. It's just that BMW hasn't cared.

Z4 not being able to complete due to performance reasons at LM is still utter nonsense on the other hand, they have dedicated-event-BoP-testing-sessions now like in GT3, and another round of adjustments after the Test Day.

Anyway, it's quite bizarre that you have teams with Bimmers, Viper and Corvette all shown interest towards this regional series yet the world championship circulates with the same three

Last edited by Deleted; 5 Dec 2014 at 23:21.
Old 5 Dec 2014, 23:34 (Ref:3482363)   #62
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
No matter the questionable car details, its excellent news.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 00:31 (Ref:3482370)   #63
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm curious to know how will they manage the clash 24 Nurburgring-Imola..
Old 6 Dec 2014, 00:36 (Ref:3482373)   #64
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Z4 not being able to complete due to performance reasons at LM is still utter nonsense on the other hand, they have dedicated-event-BoP-testing-sessions now like in GT3, and another round of adjustments after the Test Day.
No amount of BoP is going to get that Z4 fast enough in a straight line to be truly competitive at LM - unless you peg the rest of them back dramatically.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 01:57 (Ref:3482384)   #65
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
No amount of BoP is going to get that Z4 fast enough in a straight line to be truly competitive at LM - unless you peg the rest of them back dramatically.
Where is this statement based on?

We're not talking of some underdeveloped, underbudgeted Lotus Evora here that even as 125kg underweight and big restrictors still wasn't able to beat anyone on track, or Spyker C8 that never got anything. It's not a terrible car. And if the BoP can make 2008 AMR Vantage the 'most winningest make' of WEC and LM class winner then it sure as hell can make Z4 competitive at Le Mans.

You really think something as this wouldn't do it, on top of previous BoP values

Z4 +~1,5mm restrictor, -25kg, wing/gurney adjustments
All the other models +25kg (--)

It's not even unrealistic in the path they've chosen. And probably you wouldn't even have to touch the others so maybe scrap that +25kg on others.

The top speed of that car has always been underplayed anyway. Didn't they cry the same about that previous M3 touring car as well when their big restrictors were decreased a bit but still 'somehow' managed to power through

Couple of years ago I wouldn't even brought this up since it weaker models actually did have to pay the price, but those days are over. It's supposed to all be equalized and not left to manufacturers anymore. They have FIA designated external driver doing the BoP at Michelin test track so the teams cannot pack their sandbags (although they'll get chance to it after the Test Day...). That's what that procedure is meant to do, bring everything artificially to the same point, in theory.

The current show is not my cup of tea and I may not really pay attention anymore but if it means anything, I rather have more entertainment racing models than few entertainment racing models on track. At least there's something pretty different to look at and not just the same 4 cars that all look and perform like clones of GT3. That's also why I've said I would now rather even have GT3 at LM than GTE... it's the same thing but other has more models

---

Back to ELMS, I think since they're letting Z4 in the V8 Racing / SRT Corvette has pretty good chance in getting in, even if not in perfectly accurate spec.

How many LMP3s do we have confirmed for this series? I've kinda fallen out of sync on that

Last edited by Deleted; 6 Dec 2014 at 02:08.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 02:16 (Ref:3482386)   #66
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikerJack View Post
I'm curious to know how will they manage the clash 24 Nurburgring-Imola..

Unless they're in the running for the championship, I can see MVDS giving Imola a miss, BMW really want some strong representation at N24 and Marc VDS would end up there. Not unless they split the team but I can't see them having the resources to do that.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 07:30 (Ref:3482438)   #67
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
How many LMP3s do we have confirmed for this series? I've kinda fallen out of sync on that
I think it's three confirmed cars:

Bolton University (Ginetta-Juno)
SVK by Speed Factory (Ginetta-Juno)
Greaves Motorsport (Ginetta-Juno)
Old 6 Dec 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3482447)   #68
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Z4 nearly won Daytona on a sprint shootout. Corvette has had more straight line speed problems at Le Mans over the years than the Z4 GTE has in low drag configuration, TUSCC is just a high downforce series as the absurd waiver aero packages on most of the cars attest. BMW always complains about lack of straight line speed even while they're winning left and right because they have the most downforce.

BMW just has not had a GTE budget outside of North America since 2011, all the support has been for GT3.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 08:05 (Ref:3482449)   #69
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The bmw did quite well at Daytona. I dont think itd be too far off pace at LM. But they probably wont be racing there imo. Maybe the M6 does so in the future.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3482501)   #70
Planty
Rookie

Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Planty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marc VDS in ELMS with GTE car...

...anyone got hint whether they bought that car from Rahal, or are they building their own?
Old 6 Dec 2014, 18:53 (Ref:3482555)   #71
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe this is just an wishfull thinking but this news indicate IMHO, that Bmw is really thinking in 2017 show up with the M6 GTE...
Old 6 Dec 2014, 20:18 (Ref:3482579)   #72
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe but I don't think that's top of BMWs priority list but we can but hope. It does however show the growth of ELMS I think.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3482581)   #73
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure there's really that much to read into it long-term.

As a European I'm just happy that I'll be able to see this car without having to cross the Atlantic.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3482606)   #74
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
As a European I'm just happy that I'll be able to see this car without having to cross the Atlantic.
But weren't you already able to see this same exact car in ELMS GTC and other GT3 series, just with slightly different wing and body details
Old 6 Dec 2014, 22:40 (Ref:3482626)   #75
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it the actual car though or just the parts from the USA?