Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Nov 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2785017)   #26
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Seems like there will be some extra conflict on the 30th April - the AMOC are having their season opener at Silverstone on the same day.
Is that really a conflict, I think they only had about 3 or 4 Astons and other historics racing with them this year.
Old 4 Nov 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2785019)   #27
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Astons in Woodcote and Pre War at Donington that weekend
Old 6 Nov 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2785813)   #28
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Is that really a conflict, I think they only had about 3 or 4 Astons and other historics racing with them this year.
The AMOC seem to be trying to rekindle their historic credentials according to the note sent out in advance of their drivers meeting that was scheduled for this morning. They are indicating a Classic Championship for pre 66 Touring, Saloon and GT cars with FIA/HTP papers and a Historic Championship for 1950s and earlier cars - again with the emphasis on FIA specifications. Whether they will get the support from competitors who witnessed last years Comp Committee fiasco plus some very vocal criticism from their running of the final race of this season, remains to be seen.

They are also trying to rebuild the Intermarque series that has been in the doldrums for a while.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2785928)   #29
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Stoke Row Festival of Speed.Bigger and better next year.Some of the big historic teams have said they are going to support us next year as well.Dont have a date at the moment i will wait till the end of Jan before getting to excited about any of the racing dates.
Have you set the edate for the Stoke Row Festival of Speed?
Old 7 Nov 2010, 07:25 (Ref:2786188)   #30
David Abbott
Rookie

David Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea when the Brands Hatch Super Prix will happen?
Old 7 Nov 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2786655)   #31
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Abbott View Post
Any idea when the Brands Hatch Super Prix will happen?
The dates I've pencilled in are 1-3 July (although it could be a week later - I can't see it fitting in anywhere else in the calendar). Note the 3-day slot...
Old 8 Nov 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2786865)   #32
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
talk in the paddock at this weekend's excellant (as usual) Walter Hayes was the Brands Super Prix being 3 days and HSCC Silverstone Int meeting being on GP circuit. Both seem fine by me!
Old 8 Nov 2010, 09:58 (Ref:2786903)   #33
David Abbott
Rookie

David Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
The dates I've pencilled in are 1-3 July (although it could be a week later - I can't see it fitting in anywhere else in the calendar). Note the 3-day slot...
Thanks for this.

So this would be the same WE as Goodwood I presume...........

I thought the British GP was on the 10th.

What big event is happening on the 16th and 17th of July?
Old 8 Nov 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2787146)   #34
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2011 event schedules

Here at www.retro-speed.co.uk we are finding it difficult to promote 2011 schedules because of date changes and clashes. Help
Old 9 Nov 2010, 05:21 (Ref:2787457)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just to advise everyone, I'm talking with the site owners to see if we can come up with a solution for a calendar that doesn't involve me trying to set up a spreadsheet using code. Bear with me. If we can't do anything I'll do it the hard way.

Sadly, simply trying to copy and paste an excell file won't work.
Old 9 Nov 2010, 05:52 (Ref:2787470)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just to advise everyone, I'm talking with the site owners to see if we can come up with a solution for a calendar that doesn't involve me trying to set up a spreadsheet using code. Bear with me. If we can't do anything I'll do it the hard way.

Sadly, simply trying to copy and paste an excell file won't work.
Excellent idea Peter- would be great to have if can be sorted!
Old 9 Nov 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2787685)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I will go along with that idea as well.My good mate Alan Morgan always does mine.As i have said before we wait till the end of Jan to finalise dates.
Old 9 Nov 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2787752)   #38
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
With CER dates available and other Patrick Peter dates being set and HSCC finalised in next two weeks all major organisers except GTSCC and Legends are sorted.We even know some of those.Legends will do Donnington and Silverstone festival along with 6 hrs.GTSCC will do mid May Silverstone,Oulton Gold Cup .Awaiting to see what is happening at Monza and Ledenon next year.

We are sorted but why not a decent Pre War Sports Car race at Snetterton on new circuit?
Old 10 Nov 2010, 07:49 (Ref:2787924)   #39
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
.........We are sorted but why not a decent Pre War Sports Car race at Snetterton on new circuit?

Now theres a thought
Old 10 Nov 2010, 08:53 (Ref:2787956)   #40
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indeed, Claire; I had the same thought, but we'd need JR on board, and as he has observed, 'our' race clashes with his commitments to Donington next year.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2787976)   #41
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Indeed, Claire; I had the same thought, but we'd need JR on board, and as he has observed, 'our' race clashes with his commitments to Donington next year.
Well as I stated it could be done but its depends on how many pre war cars would want to come for a 25min race (plus 20 min qualifier) on the day of the 360.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 10:15 (Ref:2787978)   #42
lagedor
Rookie

France
France
lagedor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Dates for 2011,
L'age d'Or Dijon 24,25,26 of June, so far, U2TC, Pre 63, HGPCA, Stirling Moss Trophy, Woodcote Trophy, Gtscc, and some other grids including a Jaguar only race
Dijon first week-end of October, F2, 2 litre HSCC, 3 hour endurance, and other to be confirmed
Patrick Quiniou
Old 10 Nov 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2787991)   #43
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
L'age d'Or Dijon 24,25,26 of June . . . . looking like the must do event next year
Old 10 Nov 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2788003)   #44
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Unfortunately the 360 Race Weekend is same as Donington Festival which includes a Pre War race.Two at 30 mins each.My wife has also pointed out its my 40th wedding anniversary so might not be going anywhere.

The problem is that many of the people want to race two or three classes over one weekend and have races for two/three cars.

For example we intend to do Dijon in June and have our own pit!Have three cars for three seperate races with Pre 63,GTSCC and Woodcote. .

Also CER double headers allows us to do three seperate races, three cars as do HSCC with 2 litre sports,Guards and GTSCC.

The situation with 60's GT and stuff is becomming congested to put it mildly,Peter Auto,Flav/Ness and Carol all running races for same cars.Always build another load of those special E Type things.Anyone want a Harrington Alpine?Can do the lot knackered Superstars permitting and Goodwood/LMC.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2788094)   #45
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[

The situation with 60's GT and stuff is becomming congested to put it mildly,Peter Auto,Flav/Ness and Carol all running races for same cars.Always build another load of those special E Type things.Anyone want a Harrington Alpine?Can do the lot knackered Superstars permitting and Goodwood/LMC.[/QUOTE]

Any word from Rumour Control about the proposed Pre-66GT Dix Mille Tours Series?

Last edited by Robert Farrell; 10 Nov 2010 at 14:07. Reason: Punctuation
Old 10 Nov 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2788102)   #46
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

They are May Spa,Ricard October and probably Pau.Two hour races and if last years Ricard anything to go by successful.Same dates as CER.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2788205)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Peter (M), you probably have had email to confirm Masters Barcelona shindig is now April 8th to 10th 2011, so a week earlier than originally suggested. Looks like most if not all grids there.

Old 12 Nov 2010, 07:35 (Ref:2788979)   #48
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Another adventure Mike.Looking foward to the trip allready.I keep breaking out in song at the moment in true Freddie Mercury voice. BARCELONA!!!!!!!!!
Old 16 Nov 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2791506)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, we've now got a new event "tab", which means we can add the dates, venues etc. to the calendar. We'll start plugging them in over the next few weeks.

If you click on the calendar (the number 1) icon at the top of the forum it will take you to the historic forum calendar, there you can select the month you want to look at and check what events are listed.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 16 Nov 2010 at 11:02.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 13:02 (Ref:2791565)   #50
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
clever, anyone would think you don't watch TV Peter

Tags
historic motorsport, masters racing