Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 21 May 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3077172)   #26
osellacz
Rookie

osellacz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,
the track can be downloaded here , what you want is Brno65.

As you can see here though, the layout used for TCs in 80s was 10.9km while 60s layout is 13.9km. Which means even more fun though
Old 21 May 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3077540)   #27
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by osellacz View Post
Glad you're looking forward, I made a small teaser video, one lap at old Brno track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CB2h2X3GM8
That is looking really nice. The leaning drivers are a nice touch.
Old 22 May 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3077672)   #28
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Looks fantastic. Great track, too.

Selby
Old 22 May 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3077962)   #29
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I don't think the mods mind it here, tbh. Could be corrected on that.

What's the game like, man? Worth getting still?

Selby
I think this is the longest bump i've ever seen in a forum!, just type it in to youtube, I did and it doesn't look half bad, but its one of those games that were getting slated back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLfHiM_cbUE

I'm sure its good for the novelty factor and its probably worth getting, you could probably count on one hand the amount of franchises that have put pre war era cars on a racing game but like any historical setting in a game the cars run on dynamics of modern cars and adapted ever so slightly for another game so this is very unrealistic physics.
Old 23 May 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3078103)   #30
osellacz
Rookie

Well doing the physics for such old cars is surprisingly not different from any other cars, with a decent physics engine like rfactor or iRacing or Live for speed etc. (not flashy like need for speed though) you can reach very realistic behaviour for pretty much anything on 4 wheels. Maybe except karts or trucks, because these platforms dont like extremely small or big inertias.

The only thing that must be simplified is the suspension, since there isnt support for such obscure and old designs like dedion, even solid rear axle can be problem. But frankly, suspension design has little effect on how the car feels in a game; even official cars that come with those simulators often dont have realistically modelled suspesion, what matters the most is tyre grip, slip curves, aero etc.etc. and those are just numbers, which can be found with enough research.

Spirit of Speed could never work, since you cant really make a simulator if you target keyboard players (so much power and so little grip) and making an arcade is weird if you target people who even care about that era (more mature people in general).
Old 24 May 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3078844)   #31
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi mate - are you going to give us any hints as to any new (old) tracks that might be included (if any)? Would love to see Donington and Monaco in 37 but I appreciate its a massive ask...

I'm guessing the most suitable existing tracks would be the GPL conversions used with the F1 55 mod? (Monza67, Spa67, Nurburgring67, Reims67). I guess Aintree, Silverstone67, Brno, Albi67, Goodwood would be good too, if not entirely in period... any other suggestions?
Old 24 May 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3078899)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It could, lol.. I assure you these things are harder to drive than gpl.
Hmm, I'll believe that when I see/try it...
Old 24 May 2012, 21:55 (Ref:3078986)   #33
osellacz
Rookie

Well... sadly. There are virtually no tracks from 30s. But there are tons of 60s tracks. Check this list

Btw Aysedasi, Id like to enjoy GPL one more time, I havent touched it for 2 years since I got win7, how hard is it to run it? I remember there are tons of mods for it, like the gem, what all do I need so I can install any tracks and run it smoothly?
Old 27 May 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3080018)   #34
osellacz
Rookie

Nordschleife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yio15mW-g1Y
Old 28 May 2012, 03:38 (Ref:3080274)   #35
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hi,
the track can be downloaded here , what you want is Brno65.

As you can see here though, the layout used for TCs in 80s was 10.9km while 60s layout is 13.9km. Which means even more fun though
Thanks for you help. I want to do ETCC'86 in TCL and yes it seems Brno '65 is as close to Brno '86 as can be found.
Old 28 May 2012, 05:27 (Ref:3080296)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well... sadly. There are virtually no tracks from 30s. But there are tons of 60s tracks. Check this list

Btw Aysedasi, Id like to enjoy GPL one more time, I havent touched it for 2 years since I got win7, how hard is it to run it? I remember there are tons of mods for it, like the gem, what all do I need so I can install any tracks and run it smoothly?

Mine runs perfectly on W7.

Start here -

http://gplps.org/wb/pages/projects/gpl-installer.php

and go here

http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=...82&#entry44882

Old 31 May 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3082526)   #37
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a taster for 1937 I recommend the Tripoli GP track (very fast) - with the F1 1955 mod. (Great mod - guess it will never be finished now...?) Dundrod is a blast too.

The only problem I foresee with the 1937 mod is that Auto Union/Mercedes were SO much faster than anything else, few people will choose the other cars in league races. I wonder if the cars will be put into separate classes? I know this didn't happen in real life but it would encourage people to use all the marques.
Old 31 May 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3082567)   #38
osellacz
Rookie

There are many tracks that suit these cars well, Reims, Brno, Solitude, 10km Monza are just few examples of fast tracks. On those tracks the german cars dominate yes. But if you choose slower tracks - even nordschleife can be considered slow track by contemporary standards (today one would say it is very fast), then the Alfa has a good chance because its easier to drive and doesn't eat tyres as fast.

There are 2 classes in the mod actually, 3 cars are GP and 2 are voiturettes 1.5 litre
Old 4 Jun 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3085118)   #39
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
Excellent - good to have a voiturette class on their own.

It will be interesting to see if we can rewrite history. Mercedes won all the championship grand prix in 1937, except Belgium which was won by Auto Union. At the tightest track of all, Monaco, German cars took all first five places.

I'd certainly fancy the chances of Alfas around Valentino Park and Milan, their old stamping ground.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3085359)   #40
osellacz
Rookie

Btw thanks for links Aysedasi.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3088017)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No probs....
Old 17 Jun 2012, 08:48 (Ref:3093308)   #42
osellacz
Rookie

Btw guys we made it to virtualR lol.

Have a look if you're interested in this mod. It will be released this month.

http://www.virtualr.net/1937-grand-p...-of-previews-3
Old 18 Jun 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3094246)   #43
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
Looks really good... this will bring a lot of people back to Rfactor. Perhaps the sim racing release of the year?

Read on one board that someone was working on converting Donington 37 from GPL - I do hope so as that is an awesome track.