Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 21 Apr 2004, 00:23 (Ref:946178)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques V and Thread Closures

For mature audiences only.

I am literally sick of seeing JV threads continuously closed. I personally like debating issues regarding this particular driver. I really don't care if there are people who bash him, it makes for a great debate. It makes me sick when I see these so called race officials saying that they are sick of JV threads also and then the thread is closed. Totally biased in my opinion.

If there are race fans in here who are sick about reading about him, then just don't click on the thread.....but ohhh noooo! You guys have to go in there, complain, and cause a stink...and ask for the thread to be closed. Then the moderator goes in there to check things out and they too are sick. You know what??? You moderators took the responsility of having to read what goes on around here. So put up with it. The JV haters can put in their 2 cents and that is great. Is it the fault of JV fans that we can't read about one of our drivers?? Just because he is not driving, his name is being tossed around the F1 world and deserves to be discussed.

There are threads that I don't open because I couldn't really care about guys like Pantano. If I have time, I would read the thread, but I need to priorize/prioritize my time because I don't live every waking moment for this forum. Yeah, I may be new to this particular forum, but not new to the F1 forum scene. So I have been through many a discussion about JV and others and just about everything else.

If a new JV thread (like this one) came on the board, a lot of you will be complaining out loud, swearing your ******* brains out, BUT still can't resist to read all about it.

If you have something positive to say, say it. If you have something negative to say, say it. If you have something stupid to say...there's the door.

Just my opinion.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 00:28 (Ref:946182)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
And there's the door.

We dont (and wont) tolerate flame bait or BS. There are 1,000's of boards where that is acceptable. Go visit them.

We have 2 choices here.

1. We can change the rules to favour the minority, and let this board turn into many others, or

2. Let that minority that like fighting go elsewhere.

Guess which one we are going to do.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 00:30 (Ref:946185)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
And one last thing, most are closed because of the JV bashing (especially that last one), and at the request of JV fans!
Old 21 Apr 2004, 00:42 (Ref:946194)   #4
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez, you just don't get it. Was my opinion outrageous?? All I am saying is some of us want to read about JV. If someone has something stupid to say then just don't say it. That's the bottom line. All I am doing is trying to stand up for someone I happen to believe in. No one is supposed to take things too personal and it seems like you did. If I hurt your feelings, I apologize.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 01:05 (Ref:946203)   #5
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
If it were outrageous, I'd have deleted it. I moved it here for further discussion.

Quote:
If someone has something stupid to say then just don't say it.
Great theory, and if possible we would'nt need mods at all

Its nothing personal, but as mentioned, this is'nt, and never has been, one of 'those' forums.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 01:26 (Ref:946214)   #6
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love it or hate it but thats human nature.The same happens to Tv programs someone complains about.If you don't like it don't watch it. The same applies here but human nature says someone will complain and spoil it for others.
Me personally I don't care either way for JV.

The Grumpy1
Old 21 Apr 2004, 02:04 (Ref:946236)   #7
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it possible to have a JV tread to stay open ?
You should let people write what they have to say...
Old 21 Apr 2004, 06:18 (Ref:946321)   #8
james_williams
Racer

james_williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a shame JV threads get closed, but from what I have seen they usually get closed because the conversation goes off the topic and then leads on to personal attacks.

One JV thread got closed because someone had said it would be 'cool' if a driver broke his leg. Not a good post, and definantly not the type of thing we want to read here. Another got closed because someone decided to have a personal attack on someone else, again completley off topic.

I don't know what it is but JV threads seem to bring the worst out in people. Shame..
Old 21 Apr 2004, 08:30 (Ref:946397)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by james_williams
It is a shame JV threads get closed, but from what I have seen they usually get closed because the conversation goes off the topic and then leads on to personal attacks.
Wrex is right - This is exactly the reason.

The JV threads have developed a situation all of their own. And due to the frequency and repetitiveness have become a bit of a joke (in many people's eyes).

They are now at a point where there is no discussion. There are a statements of "facts" that when challenged results in attacks. I think a little if the names were reversed consideration needs to be used.

As James says it is a shame.

Last edited by Adam43; 21 Apr 2004 at 08:30.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 08:34 (Ref:946401)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by BARrouette
You should let people write what they have to say...
Well yes, but if it was a case of 'anything goes' then I'm not sure JV fans would find it an enjoyable place to be.

And even if you can 'take it'. That is not the point. This is a place for discussions about motor racing not bar room brawls.

This is all laid out in the forum rules.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 20:08 (Ref:947067)   #11
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that is true Adam, that is true.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 22:25 (Ref:947223)   #12
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Jacques is so powerful that ever those who despise him can't just ignore him...
Old 21 Apr 2004, 23:06 (Ref:947279)   #13
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear Jacques really means Jesus in French.
Old 22 Apr 2004, 09:31 (Ref:947643)   #14
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, while this thread is open, I'm going to take this opportunity to post a thought-provoking article about JV from the excellent F1 rejects website:

Click here
Old 22 Apr 2004, 11:48 (Ref:947759)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I don't think the announcements forum is the place to discuss JV. That article has been discussed in F1 before: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...uve#post909331

Although that thread was closed

Last edited by Adam43; 22 Apr 2004 at 11:54.
Old 23 Apr 2004, 08:58 (Ref:948685)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spoilsport...
Old 24 Apr 2004, 18:26 (Ref:950272)   #17
Fondmetal
Rookie

Fondmetal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i argee, what is it about this place? to much hush hush, politics, censorship....
Old 24 Apr 2004, 18:27 (Ref:950274)   #18
Fondmetal
Rookie

Fondmetal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh and mark webber!
Old 24 Apr 2004, 18:41 (Ref:950289)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Fondmetal
i argee, what is it about this place? to much hush hush, politics, censorship....
Someone delete this post please

Read the rules and you will see what is removed and why. Very little is removed and always with good reason.

Last edited by Adam43; 24 Apr 2004 at 18:42.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 12:39 (Ref:956850)   #20
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
I hear Jacques really means Jesus in French.
Nope, it just means James
Old 1 May 2004, 12:41 (Ref:957814)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jacques means: invitation to open numerous, very similar threads. Simultaneously.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 09:21 (Ref:995191)   #22
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree about the censorship issue wholeheartedly. Unless the post is inflammatory or offensive it shouldn't be closed or edited because someone doesn't like what's written or doesn't agree with their view. Personally I can't see why someone would want to get so heated over JV or any other driver that it should lead to personal attacks, quite pathetic really if that's the case
Old 6 Jun 2004, 11:39 (Ref:995263)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think everyone has to admit to a certain amount of comedy in the "JV testing" or "JV is definitely going to............ " discussions.

Yes he was a great driver. (Don't bash me for the past tense). And yes if he proves himself in another car then it would be good. But, and there is the rub, nobody has so far provided any cast iron facts to support any return to F1 for the man. Indeed we don't really know if he even wants to return.

So the threads get closed because people like me pop in and have one of those "comedy moments" at nobody's expense I hasten to add, but some people take it too personally.