Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 26 Oct 2004, 07:30 (Ref:1136067)   #1
SLOTAGAIN
Rookie

SLOTAGAIN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Windows XP

I have just upgraded to Windows XP and my Sidewinder steering wheel will not install (incompatible version of software). The Microsoft website tells me that I should not have a problem, but the website is not in front of my computer reading the message!
Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Slotagain
Old 26 Oct 2004, 07:32 (Ref:1136070)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely you can download software/drivers for it specifically for XP?
Old 26 Oct 2004, 07:33 (Ref:1136072)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, not looking so good......

sidewinder
Old 26 Oct 2004, 07:37 (Ref:1136076)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It looks to me like Bill has basically told Sidewinder users that he's no longer interested in supporting the product they bought from him with their hard-earned cash......
Old 26 Oct 2004, 07:38 (Ref:1136077)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But welcome to the forum SLOTAGAIN, even if this wasn't the news you were hoping for.......
Old 26 Oct 2004, 19:25 (Ref:1137001)   #6
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if there are no xp drivers, try win2k drivers. my logitech web cam works on my laptop using the win2k drivers, but, not on my gaming pc. *shrugs*
Old 26 Oct 2004, 21:30 (Ref:1137098)   #7
SLOTAGAIN
Rookie

SLOTAGAIN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It works!
I decided to look at e-bay to see what I could sell the wheel for and some-one else had one for sale - his message was to use the auto install feture in XP and nominate the wheel type in there. I did and the wheel now works - no thanks to Microsoft - e-bay has more uses than buying & selling.
Thanks guys for your quick responses.
Slotagain
Old 27 Oct 2004, 08:31 (Ref:1137433)   #8
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So wots new!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
It looks to me like Bill has basically told Sidewinder users that he's no longer interested in supporting the product they bought from him with their hard-earned cash......
and he's been doing that sort of market manipulation **** for years!!

I hate XP with a vengence, so unintuitive!! BTW you can strip away all the new **** to have it look and feel like 98....

When will governments (or anbody...pleeeze) wrest back control of computers from the marketeers!!

I feel better now
Old 28 Oct 2004, 12:25 (Ref:1138800)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Re: So wots new!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 275 GTB-4
BTW you can strip away all the new **** to have it look and feel like 98....

LOL

I did that within 24 hours of installing XP. I hate the "normal" XP style intensely.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 17:56 (Ref:1139138)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Me too...
I did it in 5 minutes!