Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Aug 2020, 11:07 (Ref:3994932)   #1771
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I think people would appreciate Ben more if they donít already now. Ben always seems to be on the rev limiter, whereas Crofty seems to have gone over it
Old 12 Aug 2020, 12:05 (Ref:3994949)   #1772
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I wonder what it would sound like if Crofty and Ben Edwards were commentating together?
I think it would be the same as what I sometimes experience at work. For whatever reason we have two radio's in the workshop and sometimes, someone decides to tune theirs into a different station to the other one. Being in the middle of the two, I can hear nothing but noise!
Old 13 Aug 2020, 15:36 (Ref:3995210)   #1773
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ben always seems to be on the rev limiter, whereas Crofty seems to have gone over it
Hehehe perhaps with the party modes in the car ECU's being banned from qualifying after Spain, Sky will introduce similar for Crofty to tone him down a little.

I must confess I dont dislike Crofty although I have noticed a rise in his excitement level of late.

Still take him over James Allen and particularly Legard any day.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 08:55 (Ref:3995347)   #1774
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I don't dislike Crofty either, I think he does have a passion for F1 and motorsport in general. However I can see why he grates on some people. He does seem to raise his voice a bit too much at times. Just save it for the appropriate moments
Old 14 Aug 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3995360)   #1775
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
He does seem to raise his voice a bit too much at times. Just save it for the appropriate moments
I think this opinion is held in regards to many who make comments on motorsport......
Old 14 Aug 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3995363)   #1776
S griffin
Veteran

Donít blame me, I just try to enjoy it
Old 14 Aug 2020, 12:29 (Ref:3995378)   #1777
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I confess, i don't really care about the Commentary quality, I watch F1 on Sky because it's always Live, not 2.5 hours after the race has finished. Given the choice, who'd take terrestrial over sky if you could watch live or delayed ? I appreciate not everyone has sky F1, but if you have, you'll watch it Live.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 12:46 (Ref:3995381)   #1778
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
I confess, i don't really care about the Commentary quality, I watch F1 on Sky because it's always Live, not 2.5 hours after the race has finished. Given the choice, who'd take terrestrial over sky if you could watch live or delayed ? I appreciate not everyone has sky F1, but if you have, you'll watch it Live.
As far as watching F1 live if you can is concerned, I would add that for me, if I could watch it live I would do, but only if I had the time to do so.
I have been a life-long motorsport fan, I have competed myself and have worked within the industry. However, it is not the most important thing in my life. I couldn't justify the cost of Sky anyway, but that is also because I haven't got the (spare) time to watch all of the coverage to make the expenditure worth-while. I don't know how long the programmes take, but I couldn't just ignore my family for (say) two hours during the day on a Saturday and then for (say) three more on a Sunday so I could watch the qualifying and race programmes live. Then on top of that are the Free Practice, race build up and post race discussion programmes. When I watch something that I enjoy, I like to do so without distractions or interruptions, so I am best to do this whilst on my own. Therefore recording both the qualifying and race highlights programmes from the excellent C4 coverage and getting up early before anyone else in the house the following morning gives me the opportunity to indulge & immerge myself completely into the coverage without distraction, with the ability to rewind (or even fast forward) sections to my hearts content and not feeling (or made to feel) guilty for neglecting, or for not interacting with my family.
We are all different, but this is how it works for me.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3995386)   #1779
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Luckily for me VivaGT, my wife and 2 sons also love Motorsport, so we watch F1 together, Live. Like you, I have worked for many years in Motorsport, and am a lifelong F1 fan, which I guess is why I ended up with a soul mate with compatible interests. I agree with you however, if my family weren't as supportive and didn't want me taking some time to enjoy myself, i'd probably avoid media and friends for the day and get up in the wee hours to catch up on my passion. As you say, we are all different.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 13:38 (Ref:3995388)   #1780
S griffin
Veteran

At this moment in time Iím happy it is back at all, but I do miss being able to watch at least half the races live. Luckily I avoided the results before last weekendís race, which made it more enjoyable, but that is not always possible. I do enjoy the C4 coverage too, and look forward to more this weekend
Old 14 Aug 2020, 13:44 (Ref:3995392)   #1781
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Quote:
At this moment in time Iím happy it is back at all, but I do miss being able to watch at least half the races live. Luckily I avoided the results before last weekendís race, which made it more enjoyable, but that is not always possible. I do enjoy the C4 coverage too, and look forward to more this weekend
So true, it's great to have F1 back, we all love it on here, or we wouldn't be here. Enjoy !!
Old 14 Aug 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3995394)   #1782
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
So true, it's great to have F1 back, we all love it on here, or we wouldn't be here. Enjoy !!

Cheers! Hereís to a great rest of the season
Old 15 Aug 2020, 15:58 (Ref:3995578)   #1783
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If live there is obviously no choice and you can somehow get beyond the people you are forced to listen to in exchange for the love experience. The volume button is wonderful for this.

When having to watch a re-run it is C4 all the way.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 17:56 (Ref:3995594)   #1784
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
C4 all the way.
Not for me. Sky all the way, every time in my opinion. Jones is VERY annoying ( although Lazenby isn't much better ). Again, in my opinion. Others are free to have theirs, I am polite enough to say.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 17:57 (Ref:3995595)   #1785
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lazenby is ace. Not as good as he was on the rugby, but a good anchor. IMHO.