Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Jun 2020, 13:26 (Ref:3981348)   #6251
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorbase are there, pictures on their Facebook. Looks damp.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3981381)   #6252
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
video on twitter - not massively bright to post it in the context of current msv test day regulations...
Old 11 Jun 2020, 17:23 (Ref:3981395)   #6253
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neate's got a spanking new 2020 Focus shell now. All 3 running at Donny today.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 17:26 (Ref:3981398)   #6254
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New livery for Boardley - the BMW's gone gold! Not sure about it quite yet, but definitely adds some much needed colour to the grid,
Old 11 Jun 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3981403)   #6255
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that looks quite cool. i’d like it more if it didn’t clash with the sponsor’s light blue though, that hurts yer eyeballs
Old 11 Jun 2020, 18:52 (Ref:3981411)   #6256
HarryBrown
Rookie

HarryBrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite like it, even if it does look like a Cadbury's crunchie

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 11 Jun 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3981422)   #6257
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
video on twitter - not massively bright to post it in the context of current msv test day regulations...
If the Twitter video is the same as one of those posted on Facebook, I can't see anything that is in breach of current MSV test day regulations.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 20:50 (Ref:3981436)   #6258
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
if there’s 3 cars running on track then it’s fine, although bringing a videographer when they demand essential staff only is taking the mickey a bit. it’s all about optics, isn’t it - the other end of the same optics that demand they post a decent video in the first place...
Old 12 Jun 2020, 04:43 (Ref:3981455)   #6259
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
if there’s 3 cars running on track then it’s fine, although bringing a videographer when they demand essential staff only is taking the mickey a bit. it’s all about optics, isn’t it - the other end of the same optics that demand they post a decent video in the first place...
They had all three cars there, but were only able to get track time slots for two cars so Ollie wasn't able to run. Any one of the crew including Ollie could have done the filming.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 07:28 (Ref:3981470)   #6260
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
There were a few photo posted on Twitter which looked like they were taken on an iPhone. Not quite in focus, not great composition, certainly not what you would normally expect for a media release. The video could have easily been shot by a crew member on the same iPhone.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 09:43 (Ref:3981494)   #6261
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The MINIs aren't doing all of the BTCC rounds (reduced calendar to 5 meetings) - they're being replaced on the support bill by the Mini Miglias and sevens at Donington and Brands GP.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3981496)   #6262
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The MINIs aren't doing all of the BTCC rounds (reduced calendar to 5 meetings) - they're being replaced on the support bill by the Mini Miglias and sevens at Donington and Brands GP.
With all due respect to the more 'modern' MINI's, this is excellent news!
Old 12 Jun 2020, 10:20 (Ref:3981502)   #6263
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
They had all three cars there, but were only able to get track time slots for two cars so Ollie wasn't able to run. Any one of the crew including Ollie could have done the filming.
in theory there should have only been six people there plus two drivers. but running a car in a team with three people isn’t ideal, especially if you’re trying to help staff get their eye in again as well. looking more broadly than btcc because they’d finished pre-season testing before The Rona struck, imagine if you’ve got someone new who needs to be shadowed?

this is where it gets messy and i hope msv revise their numbers upwards by one or two people asap so teams don’t end up looking bad.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 10:30 (Ref:3981508)   #6264
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bella are you ok? There are two capital letters in your post. Have you been hacked?
Old 12 Jun 2020, 10:37 (Ref:3981510)   #6265
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
in theory there should have only been six people there plus two drivers. but running a car in a team with three people isn’t ideal, especially if you’re trying to help staff get their eye in again as well. looking more broadly than btcc because they’d finished pre-season testing before The Rona struck, imagine if you’ve got someone new who needs to be shadowed?

this is where it gets messy and i hope msv revise their numbers upwards by one or two people asap so teams don’t end up looking bad.
As they had all 3 cars there, they would have been allowed 9 people plus 3 drivers. It was only the lack of track slots that prevented them running a third car and I doubt they bothered taking it along just for a photoshoot of the 3 cars parked side by side in front on the garages. I would expect Palmer will start relaxing things in terms the number of team personnel as the weeks go by.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3981514)   #6266
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i can only assume you know more information than is written in the msv guidelines then, or know exactly how many entries they paid for on the day.

this is why it’s awkward and it’s probably not too good an idea to be posting on social media when a lot of the government regulations is down to interpretation. i’m not torch and pitchforking or whatever, but just pointing out the grey areas.

it doesn’t help that mercedes tested at silverstone with full ppe as advised by government and their h&s department, to be honest. that makes it tricky for all of us.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3981516)   #6267
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Bella are you ok? There are two capital letters in your post. Have you been hacked?
in the manner of some other posters, i have programmed a {bellabot} to fill time and space whilst i’m busy elsewhere but need to have my username on a thread
Old 12 Jun 2020, 10:56 (Ref:3981518)   #6268
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*snork*
Old 12 Jun 2020, 11:03 (Ref:3981525)   #6269
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
in the manner of some other posters, i have programmed a {bellabot} to fill time and space whilst i’m busy elsewhere but need to have my username on a thread
I'm sure that's may not the right thing to sometimes often do. But then again who knows. We'll just have to wait and see. Let's hope.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 11:05 (Ref:3981527)   #6270
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No chance.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3981535)   #6271
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
<deleted>

Last edited by Greem; 12 Jun 2020 at 11:44. Reason: Not as funny as it appeared first time
Old 12 Jun 2020, 11:45 (Ref:3981537)   #6272
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
I'm sure that's may not the right thing to sometimes often do. But then again who knows. We'll just have to wait and see. Let's hope.

Subtle
Old 12 Jun 2020, 12:43 (Ref:3981546)   #6273
v jones
Rookie

v jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
btcc supports

Mini 7/Miglia is only at Brands Hatch,the Donington meeting for the 7/miglia is with the MGCC.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 12:44 (Ref:3981547)   #6274
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v jones View Post
Mini 7/Miglia is only at Brands Hatch,the Donington meeting for the 7/miglia is with the MGCC.
Ah, ok - read the Autosport article as them being with BTCC at Donington as well
Old 12 Jun 2020, 12:51 (Ref:3981553)   #6275
v jones
Rookie

v jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MGCC Donington 11/12 July