Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Sep 2020, 16:40 (Ref:4001705)   #7751
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

The reasons there's never been a female driver reach the heady heights of the illustrious list you posted aren't as simple as "women are slow". Women don't get the opportunities, from the moment they arrive on the planet.
be serious, !!! you can turn it around here too, men don't get same opportunities as women do either , if a women is (very) attractive she can easy become some Victoria's secret model and become a MILLIONAIRE just based on her looks alone, no skill or workcraft

some examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWsSSJ5skx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgNQ4bEq0xE

you don't hear about men beeing glamoros and treated like that

Quote:
And then when someone DOES get an opportunity, people decry their talent and do them down, say they're not good enough, that it's a wasted seat, that they won't be very good, they don't stand out enough, etc etc.

Now tell me again why not many women reach the top of the motorsport ladder?
so what prevented Danica Patrick or any other women to win races and maybe titles in NASCAR ? as it's pretty much a spec series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTmTVkmo6po
Old 11 Sep 2020, 16:40 (Ref:4001706)   #7752
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The way I see it, prior to 1999, it would have been difficult to identify a privateer entry in the btcc with 'real' results (in the modern era). Then, Matt Neal broke that mould. Over time, the 'novelty' of privateer success began to wear off. Now, in 2020, we tend to ignore the fact that Butcher and Sutton are driving for privateer entries and competing with factory backed teams.
Have to say that back in Group 1.5 days they were all privateers. It was only when BL asked DPR to build the Rovers that a real works team arrived. Prior to that the manufacturers made shells available for a price and provided support to all the teams who drove their cars.

So the concept of "works" teams only arrived in 1980. But as Trackstar proved it was pretty limited.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 16:45 (Ref:4001707)   #7753
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
for example why doesn't SNOOKER abolish separation and women play against men say women can go directly against the likes of Ronnie O'sullivan , or in Tennis why aren't there men against women matches ???
You aren't really worth replying to, but here goes anyway.

In snooker woman DO compete with men, most recently Reanne Evans has competed on the professional tour. She even won a match in the first qualifying round for the World Championship. Is she the best snooker player out there? Absolutely not, but when you consider how low woman's participation is at all levels of the sport, it's not overly shocking. I have no doubt that one day a woman will compete in the main tournament.

In Tennis there are physical differences between men and women that mean that no matter how they train and practice, an elite woman is not going to be as powerful as an elite man. Hence why they have segregated tournaments. I would still fancy any of the professional women's chances playing a match against you however.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 19:45 (Ref:4001739)   #7754
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Equestrian sports are totally open in terms of the participants gender. Many World, European and Olympic medals have been won by female competitors, including two members of the British Royal Family, HRH Princess Anne & Zara Tindall.

In the early 1990's version of the DTM Ellen Lhor was a works driver for Mercedes for many season, and won races.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 21:27 (Ref:4001754)   #7755
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
be serious, !!! you can turn it around here too, men don't get same opportunities as women do either , if a women is (very) attractive she can easy become some Victoria's secret model and become a MILLIONAIRE just based on her looks alone, no skill or workcraft

some examples

so what prevented Danica Patrick or any other women to win races and maybe titles in NASCAR ? as it's pretty much a spec series

Say what you like about Jason Plato - if this is what happens when he's not around for people to whinge about, I hope he comes back and never ever goes away.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 21:59 (Ref:4001763)   #7756
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
excuse the ramble ahead. i shouldn't have to explain this in the same way it's not black peoples jobs to explain to white people what the problem is there either.
Quote:
Because. Most. Of. The. Sports. Are. Run. By. Men.
preachhhhh.....
Quote:
The reasons there's never been a female driver reach the heady heights of the illustrious list you posted aren't as simple as "women are slow". Women don't get the opportunities, from the moment they arrive on the planet.

And then when someone DOES get an opportunity, people decry their talent and do them down, say they're not good enough, that it's a wasted seat, that they won't be very good, they don't stand out enough, etc etc.
don't introduce him to benevolent sexism, his head'll explode

greem's doing a great job of explaining the institutional sexism in motorsport. it's very hard to explain to people who benefit from the status quo, because they just can't imagine being treated differently for anything other than merit reasons. we don't last too long in the sport because we have to fight every day. we don't get to cruise because we can't be average, we have to be as good as the best man in the job. it gets exhausting, really really tiring to have to keep justifying your presence in the sport.

i see a lot of fetishising of women in the sport by men, many of whom mean well by elevating female competitors and participants. but we aren't female drivers or female engineers, we're drivers and engineers. we don't want special treatment, we just want to get on with our jobs. but the odd time we do get slightly favourable treatment it's by no means anywhere near compensation for the tirade of micro aggressions and more significant acts of sexism we deal with every day.

a good read if you'd like to know how deep rooted sexism is in absolutely everything we do is "invisible women" by caroline criado perez. it's a fairly academic, evidence laden read, but you can find shorter articles by her in the mainstream press. she mentions things like how most "unisex" things are designed for the average *man*, eliminating the majority of women. tools are designed for male hands, workspaces cater for the average male height and arm length. portable things are just about light enough for the average man to lift, but beyond the average woman. so we're far more likely to have to ask for assistance or suffer workplace accidents because things aren't designed for us.

the funny thing is that by improving the female experience, men benefit too, but those in charge are far too busy declaring everything is fine because *they* managed it so everyone else must not be good enough, or aren't strong enough.

a simple way to put it is that men come into the sport with a good reputation and have to seriously mess up (or be really slow) to degrade that. women have to fight to earn the good reputation - and even then it's usually conditional relative to other people of the same gender.

i'm not here to argue, i'm not looking for a debate. that's the female experience.
Old 11 Sep 2020, 22:05 (Ref:4001764)   #7757
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

some examples

Oh just give it a rest will you? Just because there haven’t been many women who have won titles in motorsport, doesn’t mean they can’t compete. Are you really saying women need to win titles for them to be accepted? What about all the men who never did anything in their career? Do they get a let off for not succeeding?

Of course there have been some women racers who are best forgotten about, like a certain ex Lotus test driver, who was an embarrassment to motorsport for both her lack of results and some of the things she said off the track. But look at someone like Danica, she’s won an Indycar race and finished in the top ten several times in the championship. I’m sure there’s some male drivers in Indycar who would kill for those stats

People here are talking about women competing about men in the sport. There’s that female darts player who’s name keeps escaping me. She’s proved she can mix it with the top men in the sport
Old 12 Sep 2020, 07:49 (Ref:4001814)   #7758
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Oh just give it a rest will you? Just because there haven’t been many women who have won titles in motorsport, doesn’t mean they can’t compete. Are you really saying women need to win titles for them to be accepted?
I said so far there weren't really any women who had noticebale results in mootrsport except perhaps those 3 I mentioned

and for those who claim that they don't get chances here some examples who got big opportunities but didn't deliver in motorsport

- Anette Meuveussen , drove WORKS BMW in DTM in late 80s / early 90s , failed to get s single podium

download high resolution images instagram

- Mercedes Sternitz , drove works BMW in 1988 DTM most of season but she was so bad by the final races she was replaced , not a single podium

- Tamara Vidalli, drove a few seasons for WORKS Audi[team in Super Touring era, she didn't fair too well either

instagram albüm indirme

but believe what you want
Old 12 Sep 2020, 08:05 (Ref:4001815)   #7759
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love it if your beloved WSR had a female driver in the spare 3 Series for the rest of the year 😂
Old 12 Sep 2020, 08:09 (Ref:4001816)   #7760
porsche962fan
Veteran

but wait!! ain't I supposedly a Honda / Team Dynamics fanboy ?? ?

men/ women doesn't matter, that WSR seat really deserves someon of AJ's calibre ,
Old 12 Sep 2020, 10:49 (Ref:4001844)   #7761
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[MOD] I have tried to get you lot to stick to the thread which is "news and rumours" however it seems that some of you need to discuss the capabilities of female drivers. As far as I know the news is that Jade Edwards is on the grid for a few races. Her capabilities as a driver may be subject to debate but it is not due to her gender which is frankly irrelevant. So, any further posts trying to prove or disprove the capabilities of female drivers will result in this thread being closed and certain posters taking a holiday. [/mod]
Old 16 Sep 2020, 08:52 (Ref:4002748)   #7762
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://twitter.com/SilverstoneUK/st...50528733392902
Silverstone Experience (next to the main gate) will have their 'Heritage Trail' open for the next 3 weeks, meaning you will be able to stand on the Luffield Terrace and watch what is happening on track. Those 3 weeks will include the BTCC weekend.

Guessing it will be very limited numbers. Are they allowing people to stand their all day or will you just get a limited time to 'walk' the trial? All seems very odd to me.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 10:47 (Ref:4002762)   #7763
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any bets on how many hours it takes the government to shut this racket down?
Old 16 Sep 2020, 11:21 (Ref:4002764)   #7764
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Frankly its a nonsense. You have people going to theme parks, going to National Trusts, I don't see a race day at a track being any different, in fact its probably safer than a theme park as you wont have the common hand "touch points" that you do there (handles, restraining bars etc). Sure they would need to limit the numbers, but to have zero people there is just baffling to me.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 12:49 (Ref:4002772)   #7765
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Frankly its a nonsense. You have people going to theme parks, going to National Trusts, I don't see a race day at a track being any different, in fact its probably safer than a theme park as you wont have the common hand "touch points" that you do there (handles, restraining bars etc). Sure they would need to limit the numbers, but to have zero people there is just baffling to me.
It's total nonsense, the whole lot if it.

As for contact points, probably none other than toilet doors/ handles/ taps - so hand sanitiser points outside of the toilets for use upon leaving would cover that one.

Alternatively litter the infield with tables, call it a beer garden and the game is on.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 17:25 (Ref:4002829)   #7766
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a total nonsense.

I can’t help but feel the BTCC is having a large influence on circuits running without spectators too. They aren’t even attempting to run the 200 for example. Gow will have done some deal with them as he will be scared about any COVID being linked back to the BTCC in any way.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 21:14 (Ref:4002881)   #7767
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
It is a total nonsense.

I can’t help but feel the BTCC is having a large influence on circuits running without spectators too. They aren’t even attempting to run the 200 for example. Gow will have done some deal with them as he will be scared about any COVID being linked back to the BTCC in any way.
Of course he will be! He's probably thinking that it will be stopped if there's a case linked. Better to get it done without fans for now and then worry about them coming back next year.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 12:38 (Ref:4003040)   #7768
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a couple of BTCC announcements on the way...
Old 17 Sep 2020, 14:10 (Ref:4003095)   #7769
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
The cars have to wear masks. This will play havoc with Dynamics brake cooling...
Old 17 Sep 2020, 16:41 (Ref:4003164)   #7770
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
It's a picture of the BMW. So I would guess they've got a third driver lined up?
Old 17 Sep 2020, 20:14 (Ref:4003253)   #7771
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
It's a picture of the BMW. So I would guess they've got a third driver lined up?
I'd have said so, but Yuasa have also now said they've got something tomorrow
Old 17 Sep 2020, 23:05 (Ref:4003308)   #7772
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
From this weekend, everyone has to wear masks all the time. Even in car parks.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 01:01 (Ref:4003323)   #7773
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Yep. And if you can't wear a mask, you can't go in.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 14:00 (Ref:4003525)   #7774
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
I'm going to get Covid off a f@#$ing Nissan now am I? What if it's an electric car, are they exempt?
Old 18 Sep 2020, 14:45 (Ref:4003535)   #7775
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That's changed again. They've relaxed the "must wear masks everywhere" rule down to "only wear masks in outdoor areas if you're not 2m away".

https://www.motorsportuk.org/wp-cont...ance-chart.pdf